View Single Post
Old 09-13-2022, 11:42 AM   #2038
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
That's actually built into the thing complained of. The mission of a lot of social justice focused people is to have these issues addressed in literally every facet of every day life. That's sort of the whole idea of intersectionality - everything is connected to social justice issues. As a result, you get people earnestly discussing how climate change is a race issue, because it disproportionately affects non white people. Just in my profession, there was that whole thing about lawyers having to take an oath about working for social justice in Ontario, and it's now a requirement in Alberta for us to do indigenous reconciliation training even though it has literally nothing to do with my job. It kind of IS everywhere. And the answer to anyone who doesn't want to play that game or participate in those politics is simply, "well, that's your privilege talking". Of course that's going to generate a negative reaction.
Exactly. You don’t have to go looking for this stuff to find it. Especially if you spend any time in left-leaning media and culture spaces. I read the Guardian daily, and you’d be hard-pressed to find any subject or activity - dancing, cooking, gardening, cycling - that hasn’t been interrogated for its patriarchal and colonialist oppression.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote