View Single Post
Old 03-10-2024, 05:22 PM   #13381
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeStick View Post
I think if I had to make a prediction I don't see Russia losing any ground/territory given they've flipped their economy into a war economy now. And if the west continues to supply Ukraine just enough to maintain their current position (which has basically been a draw), I don't imagine the situation changing. Ukrainians continue to die, fighting for their country, but don't gain any ground, Russians also die, but don't gain any ground, thr west continues to profit. If this is what ends up happening, I'd prefer just ending it now, even if that includes Russia keeping whatever they've gained in the conflict. Not ideal, not great, but better than the scenario where if they continue, and the only change is more deaths and no clear winner.
You seem to labour under the misapprehension that if Russia wins the war they won't do what Russia always does, has done for 400 years or more, ethnically cleanse Ukraine, ship millions of Ukrainians east of the Urals into Siberia where 50% or more will die in a few years of starvation, more Ukrainians will die as a result of surrendering than would ever die in a long grinding war, why do you think they are fighting?

Ukrainians know better than most what the cost of surrender will be, the price will be the same one they paid in the 1930 to 1933, another Holdomor, the men will be taken, forcibly enrolled in the army or sent east to the labour camps, none will ever return, the young women sent east also, the old and infirm will starve, Ukraine will be utterly depopulated in order to pacify it, the land given to Russians, this is what Russia always does.
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post: