View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 09:49 AM   #7362
FlamesFanTrev
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo45 View Post
I would be comfortable with a Stone for Smith swap just because it moves the money up front and opens a spot on the backend where we have better prospects pushing. Probably helps in signing Fox as well which should be a priority. Makes us grittier which is a plus in our division.

If we are just taking on that money, or giving up a good prospect for Smith, then it is a bad trade just like Lazar was a bad trade.
The Lazar trade was a good gamble that hasn't paid off, and in my opinion, likely won't. Lazar came in to the league with loads of potential, and never lived up to it. It's not an indefensible position to have thought a change of scenery or a new "first chance" with a new head coach might have paid dividends. I remember reading somewhere that <25% of second round picks make the NHL. He might never be top 6, but he has definitely made the NHL. And his age fits with the devloping core, rather then needing a couple years of development while the team is in it's contention window. Hard to say we lost that trade in my opinion. Nothing to write home about either.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlamesFanTrev For This Useful Post: