Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2008, 01:24 PM   #1
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:
Default Fallout 3

I beat it last week and all I have to say is, thats it??? Maybe it's just because i was super evil, but damn that was a disappointing finish
CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 02:01 PM   #2
chowdachad
Farm Team Player

Exp:

the ending is bad but it was a great game as long as you do the side quests and wonder around and find all the nooks and crannies of the game
chowdachad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 02:02 PM   #3
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowdachad View Post
the ending is bad but it was a great game as long as you do the side quests and wonder around and find all the nooks and crannies of the game
Agreed...the game is good and there's still a ton for me to go back and do, just I hate ending like that
CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 02:10 PM   #4
chowdachad
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Bethesda has bad endings even oblivion's ending sucked
Old 11-30-2008, 02:46 PM   #5
LChoy
First Line Centre

Exp:

I was told that I should do absolutely everything else before I finish the main quest, since the game is over once you do.
If that's so, that kind of sucks since there is so much to do and explore in the game
Old 11-30-2008, 02:57 PM   #6
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

I abandoned the main quest somewhere just after Megaton, and haven't looked back since

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PsYcNeT For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2008, 03:02 PM   #7
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Getting to the end is great. I beat the game really quick as a "good" character as that is often the most boring. Now, I am really getting into the side quests with my neutral character. Great, great game. One of the best to come out in a few years.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 03:38 PM   #8
chowdachad
Farm Team Player

Exp:

being neutral is so damn hard even being good is hard it's just to easy to be evil
Old 11-30-2008, 03:47 PM   #9
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowdachad View Post
being neutral is so damn hard even being good is hard it's just to easy to be evil
I just kill slaves when I get too good and redeem scrap metal when I get too bad. It's pretty fun that way and fits in more with your character's "Lone Wanderer" persona.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:09 PM   #10
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12 View Post
I just kill slaves when I get too good and redeem scrap metal when I get too bad. It's pretty fun that way and fits in more with your character's "Lone Wanderer" persona.
Where are there abundant slaves to kill?

And yeah, this game is pretty badly designed in how short the main quest is. Basically in Bethseda games, you pretty much avoid doing the main quest completely.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 09:21 PM   #11
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
Where are there abundant slaves to kill?

And yeah, this game is pretty badly designed in how short the main quest is. Basically in Bethseda games, you pretty much avoid doing the main quest completely.
Evergreen Mills. There is a cage with 4 slaves. If you get a little too "good" just go over there, kill the raiders and pop the slaves.

Same with the Greyditch quest. When you are doing everything, shoot the scientist in the head.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:43 PM   #12
jammies
Basement Chicken Choker

Location: In a land without pants, or war, or want. But mostly we care about the pants.
Exp:

It's a great game, but they should have either had a much higher level cap or a much longer main quest. Although to be fair, I can see replaying it 2 or 3 times to try out different character builds and karma choices; I started a second character going all Science, Small Guns, Stealth, Lockpick, and Melee and am still having fun.

***SPOILER***
I deliberately didn't do the main quest the 1st time thru, but then found a Vault while just exploring which more of less short-circuits half that quest anyway. So I figured I might as well see where it led me, and then... game over. I was rather disappointed to say the least, they should require some kind of key or code to enter that Vault that you have to follow the quest to obtain, so the problem doesn't arise.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:04 AM   #13
Nage Waza
Offered up a bag of cans for a custom user title

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMPunk View Post
I beat it last week and all I have to say is, thats it??? Maybe it's just because i was super evil, but damn that was a disappointing finish

I would consider that a spoiler, thanks a lot.
Nage Waza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:36 AM   #14
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
I abandoned the main quest somewhere just after Megaton, and haven't looked back since
Same here, just been exploring the wasteland and amassing a pretty good military stockpile while doing it.

SPOILER:
Only part that sucked was I came across the vault your dad is in while exploring and when I freed him I had no idea what he was talking about. Spewing out acronyms and junk, so i think I kind of funked up the main quest a little but hopefully not too bad.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:12 AM   #15
llama64
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhettzky View Post
Same here, just been exploring the wasteland and amassing a pretty good military stockpile while doing it.

<snip>
Don't worry too much about it. All you did was advance the main quest a bit and the game will simply move on as if you were on the quest in the first place.

The only problem was that the story got a bit cut off, but the blanks are easily filled in. Not a terribly creative storyline so far (havn't finished it yet).
llama64 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to llama64 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2008, 02:58 PM   #16
LChoy
First Line Centre

Exp:

I want to find more non-important and sleeping NPC that I can perform the Mr. Sandman perk on
Old 12-04-2008, 05:57 PM   #17
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhettzky View Post

SPOILER:
Only part that sucked was I came across the vault your dad is in while exploring and when I freed him I had no idea what he was talking about. Spewing out acronyms and junk, so i think I kind of funked up the main quest a little but hopefully not too bad.
I would reload and play it properly. You are missing a bit of good gameplay and backstory.

SPOILER (highlight)
Go do Galaxy News Radio to see where your dad went, goto Rivet City to ask about him. Goto the Jefferson Memorial to find the clues. Then find Vault 112
The Following User Says Thank You to Hack&Lube For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2008, 08:09 AM   #18
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
I would reload and play it properly. You are missing a bit of good gameplay and backstory.

<snip>
The problem is... *definite spoiler*...

I found the vault and explored it all and the robot thing kept telling me to go in the pod thing. So right when the pod opened I saved over an older file just in case the pod did something bad or whatever. Little did I know that the "In his footsteps" mission was scrapped right when I went into 112. So I saved over a recent file and the next one down the list was over 20 hours old.

I'll just have to play through again sometime and do the main missions instead of purposefully avoiding them.
Old 12-25-2008, 06:51 PM   #19
C-Four
Farm Team Player

Exp:

what a disappointing ending =/
C-Four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 07:53 PM   #20
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

It sucks for console owners. PC owners have hundreds of mods out that extend the game and allow you to keep playing on after the ending and adding additional quests, characters, locations, anything you can name.

Also Bethseda will be releasing DLC content for all platforms that will give you some more to play.