Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2015, 08:45 AM   #1
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default NHL 16 Thread

A list of what's going to be in the new game just got released.

https://www.easports.com/nhl/features/nhl-16

Now with almost as many game modes as NHL 14!
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 08:50 AM   #2
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sounds like things are back on track feature-wise. It would have been nice had they delved into the details of the returning modes a bit more to help appease those who were "wronged" by last year's release, but I'm sure in time we'll find out more.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 08:53 AM   #3
J79
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by codynw View Post
A list of what's going to be in the new game just got released.

https://www.easports.com/nhl/features/nhl-16

Now with almost as many game modes as NHL 14!

Videos:

Action Tracker:

Single Player Game Modes:

Customization
J79 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to J79 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2015, 08:53 AM   #4
Kolbe31
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Excited for this game, as I expect it to be what NHL 15 should've been.

A note from a guy who was at the EA Game Changer community event a few weeks back (regarding 'authentic arena atmosphere'):

This includes mascots for almost all teams, signature props and different crowd chants. Perfect example for this is the San Jose Sharks. If you play as the home team with San Jose, you will see the Shark come down on the ice for the players to skate through out of the tunnel. Furthermore, when you’re on the powerplay as the Sharks, the fans all make the clamping movement with their hands while the Shark mascot goes wild in the stands. For New York Islander fans, the arena in Brooklyn is really well done. The areas of the rink in real life where there are no seats and the jumbotron being off-centered from above the middle of the ice is also there. Other things like the lights in Vancouver’s stantions, lightning tesla coils in Tampa Bay, fire in Calgary, cannons in Columbus, etc. were there so each team has their unique feel.
Kolbe31 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kolbe31 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2015, 08:55 AM   #5
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah that does seem better, although it truly now feels like NHL 15 was a glorified Demo that we got on the way to a true full game in NHL 16.

Did like the picture of Luongo on the bench in the Heritage Classic for the team morale feature.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 08:56 AM   #6
J79
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolbe31 View Post

A note from a guy who was at the EA Game Changer community event a few weeks back (regarding 'authentic arena atmosphere'):

This includes mascots for almost all teams, signature props and different crowd chants. .
How cool would it be to see Harvey sitting on the glass beating his drum to start a Go Flames Go chant?!
The Following User Says Thank You to J79 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2015, 08:57 AM   #7
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can Harvey's tongue be ripped out by the visiting team's coach?
Old 05-19-2015, 09:20 AM   #8
Igottago
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think I'm just gonna get EA access and wait until it gets added to the vault. No longer at the point I need to play day 1 or even get it every year. Frankly I wasted $140 getting NHL and FIFA 15 day one and it wasn't worth it, I think I've played FIFA 3 or 4 times, even though its great game.

$30 for EA access you just can't go wrong if you're a bit more casual about these games, I'll keep playing NHL 15 until 16 gets added.

"I was like Christ, lying on my back, with my arms outstretched, crucified"
-- Frank Musil - Early January 1994
Igottago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:23 AM   #9
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Online couch co-op is back, only thing that really mattered.

Also, Be A GM sounds like they are putting some legitimate time into it. I'm back on board.

They really needed to just come out with exactly the same game, gameplay-wise, with all the features from the older generations brought back. Sounds like that's what they're doing.
OutOfTheCube is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:25 AM   #10
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

decent site. the feature list is as expected.... eashl, more online team play stuff, HUT, yada yada yada. More of the same from every year: better defensive controls, precision skating, puck physics, blah blah blah. We'll get a real sense of what's coming once the non trailer type videos (ie. game play, and game mode screens)

Still, as with every year, i am hopeful. As much as i get fed up with the NHL development team and the product itself, i think almost every sports title has disappointed after the initial jump to next gen, but get back on track by the second year. With the amount of backlash EA received from its NHL fans, i'd assume they'll be hard pressed not to release something at par with expectations.
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bubbsy For This Useful Post:
J79
Old 05-19-2015, 09:34 AM   #11
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hope they're serious about the commentary being better. I love hearing Doc call games but he was terrible in NHL 15. Absolutely no emotion.

There needed to be more "SCAAAARS" after goals.

Also this makes me happy

Quote:
The way you play dictates the type of player you will become in an all-new Be a Pro progression system. On-ice actions directly influence attributes earned, ensuring that your Pro will reflect the way you play. Sim to your next shift and the ability to work your way up from CHL rookie to an NHL Superstar also make a return in NHL 16.
The development system in Be A Pro never made any sense. Your ratings should increase based on how you play, not based on how you assign experience points. Glad they changed that. And being able to sim to your next shift makes the mode playable again.

Last edited by codynw; 05-19-2015 at 09:38 AM.
Old 05-19-2015, 09:48 AM   #12
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Looks decent. This should have been NHL 15. So far I'm liking what I am hearing though. Should be more interesting than 15 and keep me playing a bit longer. Right now I'm sitting on almost all the NHL collections completed with some CHl (2500 players I think) and 500K coins. Might just play a few quick games to get some more in for the bonus but havent played in 2 weeks or so because of Neverwinter.
northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:57 AM   #13
mdubz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J79 View Post
Videos:

Action Tracker:

Single Player Game Modes:

Customization
These aren't working for me.
mdubz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mdubz For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2015, 09:58 AM   #14
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

This seems neat. Its a player who played a early release to help EA make the game better IIRC.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ayed-game.html

Quote:
10. Distinct Team Arena Atmosphere
Pretty straight forward, every NHL team has their own distinct atmosphere. This includes mascots for almost all teams, signature props and different crowd chants. Perfect example for this is the San Jose Sharks. If you play as the home team with San Jose, you will see the Shark come down on the ice for the players to skate through out of the tunnel. Furthermore, when you’re on the powerplay as the Sharks, the fans all make the clamping movement with their hands while the Shark mascot goes wild in the stands. For New York Islander fans, the arena in Brooklyn is really well done. The areas of the rink in real life where there are no seats and the jumbotron being off-centered from above the middle of the ice is also there. Other things like the lights in Vancouver’s stantions, lightning tesla coils in Tampa Bay, fire in Calgary, cannons in Columbus, etc. were there so each team has their unique feel.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 10:09 AM   #15
mdubz
First Line Centre

Exp:

See if this works:
mdubz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mdubz For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2015, 10:46 AM   #16
J79
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubz View Post
These aren't working for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_XR834zDEc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3NFCibHfj8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXGJo6ZJnyg
Old 05-19-2015, 11:01 AM   #17
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Definitely not paying full price for this game. If I can get a deal I'll probably make the plunge unless the reviews are awful.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 11:09 AM   #18
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

I'm excited. Madden 14 for next gen was garbage, and Madden 15 has proved to be great! I hope for the same kind of rebound from NHL.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:23 AM   #19
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
3. Online Couch Co-op
This is pretty straight forward. Essentially you can hook up multiple controllers to one Xbox to play as a team in Online Versus with your friends or connect with one another to play in a drop-in EASHL game.
Damn. This is not what I was hoping for when I saw it. Hopefully the season mode will allow for multiple users, but I've learned not to hold my breath for that one as it's a bit niche.

edit: Haha, awesome:

Quote:
Yes. All of the NHL teams that have official mascots will have them in NHL 16.
Sad to see that GM Connected didn't generate the attention in needed to continue on:

Quote:
GM Connected was a highly requested feature that unfortunately failed in many ways. When we look a the data, only a very small number of leagues had more than 2 players per league and though the mode supported up to 25 years, very few leagues made it past the 20 game mark of season 1. We understand that that there were some issues with the overall speed of the mode. Moving forward we want to work with our fans to better understand their needs and expectations on what a great online dynasty for the new generation of consoles should deliver and where we fell short on GM Connected similar to the approach we took in bringing EASHL to NHL 16.
https://www.easports.com/nhl/ask

Last edited by Russic; 05-19-2015 at 11:45 AM.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 11:55 AM   #20
Righteous1
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by codynw View Post
I hope they're serious about the commentary being better. I love hearing Doc call games but he was terrible in NHL 15. Absolutely no emotion.

There needed to be more "SCAAAARS" after goals.

Also this makes me happy

The development system in Be A Pro never made any sense. Your ratings should increase based on how you play, not based on how you assign experience points. Glad they changed that. And being able to sim to your next shift makes the mode playable again.
Ya but I play like a hard hitting playmaking defensive minded dangling sniper who protects his teammates
Righteous1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Righteous1 For This Useful Post: