Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-18-2013, 02:28 PM   #1
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default Seattle

Looking to head down and catch an NFL game in Sept/Oct., what are some of the closer hotels that arent super high priced. I'm not looking to stay in the "Cecil" but i also dont want to pay to stay in the "Palliser" either. Thanks
dirk diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:31 PM   #2
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

Most recent Seattle thread from last month.

Might find something in here.
http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=125780

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:21 PM   #3
Temporary_User
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulator75 View Post
Most recent Seattle thread from last month.

Might find something in here.
http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=125780
That appears to be a few days over a month old. Certainly there is a newer thread on this subject.

Temporary_User is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Temporary_User For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2013, 03:34 PM   #4
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not picking on you, Mr. Diggler, but perhaps the time has come for a "Travel" subforum. And inside, there could just be ongoing threads with simple titles, like "Seattle", "Italy", etc.

I enjoy reading them, and passing along any info that I might have, but encouraging (and merging) them into an ongoing thread would be tidier and more useful. I suppose that I could/should post this in the suggestions forum too...
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmy Stang For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2013, 03:34 PM   #5
Deelow
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've stayed at the Silvercloud, which is within a block of both the football and baseball stadiums. Many of the rooms face Safeco. Nice hotel, great price...but that wasn't a game day. I'm sure they will jack the prices up, especially for football. Can't beat the location though.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:02 PM   #6
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lots of transit options -- we've stayed in Bellevue and didn't have any issues. If you're willing to hop on a bus, you can definitely expand your search.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:11 PM   #7
drewboy12
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deelow View Post
I've stayed at the Silvercloud, which is within a block of both the football and baseball stadiums. Many of the rooms face Safeco. Nice hotel, great price...but that wasn't a game day. I'm sure they will jack the prices up, especially for football. Can't beat the location though.
Second this. Stayed there on opening day for MLB a few years back. Nice hotel, Can not beat the location for the game.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:52 PM   #8
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

I really want to catch a game this year and the 49ers at hawks looked real tempting until I went on stub hub. $400+ to be in the nose bleeds.
Anyone have any luck getting tickets at a more reasonable price? I tried seeing if they release tickets on game day but couldnt find anything.

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Travis Munroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:00 PM   #9
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Prices in Seattle are going to vary wildly based on availability. There are a ton of placs within walking distance of the stadium. The usual travel sites, expedia, etc... will be your best option. It's well worth it, in my opinion, to stay at a place close to both the stadium and downtown.

Seattle is pretty vast and the freeway system is congested. Best to avoid any large commutes.
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:11 PM   #10
To Be Quite Honest
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bill Gates lives there. Knock on his door and perhaps... sparks could fly!
To Be Quite Honest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:35 PM   #11
chalms04
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Prices in Seattle are going to vary wildly based on availability. There are a ton of placs within walking distance of the stadium. The usual travel sites, expedia, etc... will be your best option. It's well worth it, in my opinion, to stay at a place close to both the stadium and downtown.

Seattle is pretty vast and the freeway system is congested. Best to avoid any large commutes.
Stayed in West Seattle to save a few bucks, the commute into downtown was never a hassle.

But next time, I'd spend the extra to get a room downtown and save on the parking. That was the tradeoff I guess.
chalms04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:56 PM   #12
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtor 1 View Post
I really want to catch a game this year and the 49ers at hawks looked real tempting until I went on stub hub. $400+ to be in the nose bleeds.
Anyone have any luck getting tickets at a more reasonable price? I tried seeing if they release tickets on game day but couldnt find anything.
http://www.ticketexchangebyticketmas...13?PID=1404866

Probably not much more reasonable, but another option.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:31 AM   #13
trew
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Just returned from a trip out there. We caught a pre-season NFL game, but couldn't find an affordable room downtown.

We ended up staying in Bremerton and took the ferry over to Seattle. It was super cheap (hotels were half the price, and you only have to pay one way for foot passage on the Ferry).

The ferry ride is quite pleasant, takes about an hour, and there are a couple hotels right beside the Ferry terminal in Bremerton. From the Ferry dock in Seattle it is a short walk to the sports stadiums, and everything else. No driving, no parking, great for group travel.
trew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:15 PM   #14
MG153
Farm Team Player

Exp:

when we went down for a game a couple years ago, we stayed at a pretty standard chain hotel a few blocks from the space needle, but had shuttles to/from the game cant remember if it was free or a small fee, maybe 10$ and was maybe a 15$ cab ride to pikes market as well
MG153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:15 PM   #15
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

We stayed at the Best Western in Edmonds for pretty cheap, and then drove around (included a decent breakfast).

One thing we had considered was a hotel in the University District was the University Inn. I think it had free parking and free shuttles to downtown, but by the time we wanted to pull the trigger it had no rooms.

When you're there, make sure to have an omelette at Beth's, and have some fish and chips at Ivars (throwing the fries and watching the seagulls catch them in midair is a lot of fun). We went to the Crab Pot again this time, but was kind of disappointed in the meal. Half the mussel shells were empty and the sausage pieces were little slivers of meat, and the potatoes were underdone.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote