Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2013, 07:01 PM   #1
Paladium
Backup Goalie

Exp:
Default Super bowl

New to Calgary - just an LRT guy - live near bridgeland. Where is a good place to watch the Superbowl and have good grub, good atmosphere. Don't care if I have to pay admission if it includes food.

Any input would be apreciated.

Dean
Paladium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:13 AM   #2
JD
First Line Centre

Exp:

You could go downtown and go to Flames Central. I've been disgusted with their service and prices the last few times I've been there, but you can't beat them for atmosphere. They also seem to be closed at unpredictable times too, so who knows if they'll even be doing anything for Super Bowl.

Schanks has always been a good place for atmosphere for Super Bowl. You could go to either one via C-Train, though expect a bit of a hike from the stations. You have to show up early for Schanks.

I've never been for Super Bowl, but Melrose on 17th is probably decent. If it's not, there would be a plethora of other choices you could walk to.

Jamesons are pretty good for food and TV's. There's one in Brentwood, one in the NE by Sunridge, and a new one on 17th Avenue.

I'm not sure if you'll find places that include food, but similarly, you likely won't find too many places that charge admission either. I wouldn't expect any of the joints I've listed to do so.
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JD For This Useful Post: