Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-11-2012, 03:14 PM   #1
rmillions
Media

Exp:
Default Sportsnet-CP Panel Discussion

Thanks for the tremendous response. Im a little overwhelmed but happy.

Thanks to Schanks South and Sammy and Michelle the managers we have been granted a place to set up for a portable TV Studio ..Your can appear on camera or not. or just give input. It is up to you.

I will be asking you 3 questions for those willing to appear on Camera.

1- What type of individual do the Flames need to select as their next head coach and why?
2- This offseason realistically if it was up to you what key moves would you like to see made. Re-signing players, Trading players...etc.
3- After 3 seasons without Playoffs how do you feel about your team and your organization.

Because we don't know what the Flames are doing, I want to get at this shot soon...
we have set up a time at Schanks South.

Wednesday May 16/2012 from 3pm - 6pm
-a come and go environment. We will have some food and beverage for you (after the talking is done)

So far...here are some on the invited list. - kehatch; sworkhard; svartsengi, Vinny01, Pylon, browna, papa gino, comix zone, Flaming Intensity, Lanny's Da Man, Caged Great, Frank Metamusil, Otto-matic, Captain Sunshine3, tbravo, PeteLFan, VladtheImpaler, Lt. Spears, Ricosuave. Can add to this.

Look, first of all it takes guts to come so thank you. Television as you may find out is not as easy as it looks. It reveals all pretty fast. If you don't want to appear on camera, no big deal I still am interested in your input.

So again next Wednesday May 16 from 3pm to 6pm Wednesday at Schanks South in Calgary. Come and go. Say hi and get it off your chest. I will select the best or most interesting to go on my Flames Fan Story that will be airing on Sportsnet Connected. So bring your game face!

Thanks Again.

Rog
rmillions is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 120 Users Say Thank You to rmillions For This Useful Post:
1_Flames_Fan, 3thirty, angrysoutherner, Ashasx, atb, Azure, BACKCHECK!!!, Bertuzzied, Bezer, Bibtin Tex, Bohica, BurningYears, burn_this_city, c.t.ner, Caged Great, calgarybornnraised, calgaryred, cammy13, CaptainCraig, CaptainYooh, cdnsir, chalms04, chummer, CofR, COGENT, ComixZone, corporatejay, daveinspruce, DeluxeMoustache, Demaeon, devo22, Dion, dissentowner, Domoic, Dorkmaster, dustyanddaflames, FanIn80, fanman, FBI, FightinSioux, Flamboyant 14, FlameFan21, Flames Fan, Ph.D., flameswin, FlamingInfinity, Flickered Flame, Forever Flames, Frank MetaMusil, Freeway, Frequitude, gdccgy403, getbak, Gozer, GreatWhiteEbola, GreenHardHat, Hanna Sniper, Hockey_Ninja, holden, howard_the_duck, Huntingwhale, Inferno099, Itse, J-bo09, JerzeeGirl, Joborule, jschick88, JurassicTunga12, kehatch, KevinKlineReadingABook, Komskies, kyuss275, lambeburger, Lanny'sDaMan, Lil Pedro, Lt.Spears, M*A*S*H 4077, Mass_nerder, MattyC, mattyk19, May 25, 1989, megatron, Mitch, Muta, Neeper, NomNomNom, Notorious Honey Badger, OldDutch, Pierre "Monster" McGuire, pylon, rayne008, Regulator75, renny, Resolute 14, Rickbo, ricosuave, Rubicant, Samiz, saskflames69, Save Us Sutter, schooner, Scoutski, seattleflamer, Slava, snowdude, Sol, sun, Suzles, Svartsengi, taco.vidal, taxbuster, tbravo, Thor, thymebalm, Trailer Fire, troutman, trublmaker, Vinny01, wpgflamesfan, Yrebmi, zukes
Old 05-11-2012, 03:18 PM   #2
Trailer Fire
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I wish I still lived in Calgary. I would be there in a heartbeat.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:18 PM   #3
dustyanddaflames
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Won't be anywhere's close to Calgary - but just awesome! Thanks Rog for the opportunity for Flames fans to be able to let their voices be truly heard in a constructive way!
dustyanddaflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:21 PM   #4
howard_the_duck
First Line Centre

Exp:

Major props Roger. Would have loved to be in Calgary for this.

Very much looking forward to seeing the finished product when it airs.
howard_the_duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:22 PM   #5
GreatWhiteEbola
First Line Centre

Exp:

Do you need extras? I really don't have an opinion...however, I do look good on camera.

GreatWhiteEbola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:24 PM   #6
Tinordi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bonus points to anyone who mentions extension cords.
Tinordi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tinordi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2012, 03:24 PM   #7
rmillions
Media

Exp:

Love the modesty GreatWhiteEbola.....sure you don't work in television or radio already?
rmillions is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rmillions For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2012, 03:56 PM   #8
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

I think Vlad shares my vision, so I grant him my proxy.

1. Coach - Ward with Tim Hunter and Joe Mullen

2. 2012 off-season - trade 2-3 of the veteran core. Goal is to have 3 first round picks this draft, and recover the lost 2nd round pick.

3. Be in position for the first pick in 2013, whether by trade, or by sucking.

4. Win the Stanley Cup within 5 years. I believe the fans will be patient with a re-build.

I wish the heck I could like fish, I just hate the taste of it . . . I wish I could eat one, they look so good . . .
- Gil Fisher (The Fishin' Musician):
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:18 PM   #9
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Damn I am leaving for Mexico Wednesday. I was really hoping to be able to come down and do this. I look forward to watching on sportsnet or sportsnet.ca
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2012, 04:30 PM   #10
J-bo09
Franchise Player

Exp:

I will try and come down.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:32 PM   #11
schooner
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Would love to be there but Im in the UK until mid June. Props Roger for doing this! Hope it goes well.
schooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:38 PM   #12
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

I am assuming sweat pants, good shoes, and a tuxedo t-shirt is appropriate attire?
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:15 PM   #13
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can't make it but I really hope someone touches on the fact that the Flames management/ownership need to understand that most fans are ok with some tough times if they mean better things down the line. Don't look for a quick fix, work towards a long-term solution. We don't need to make the playoffs every year. We are ok with some growing paints. We will not commit suicide without Jarome Iginla. Most of us aren't shallow enough that we will only go watch a name. We'd rather watch a team of passionate and energized nobodies than one full of lazy withering somebodies.

But most of all, have a long-term plan to win the Cup. Not to just make the playoffs. "Get in an anything can happen" is not a business strategy, and it shouldn't be a hockey one either.
Table 5 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Table 5 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2012, 05:17 PM   #14
cKy
First Line Centre

Exp:

I think Jiri or Bingo should go since this will end up representing Calgary Puck. Plus with the radio experience they shouldnt come off as a bunch of dum dums who not speak well!

cKy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cKy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2012, 05:37 PM   #15
MrMastodonFarm
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can't make it, but if you ever want to talk about Sportsnet related issues, I'm down and hope your offer still stands Roger.

MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrMastodonFarm For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2012, 05:48 PM   #16
Svartsengi
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

3-6pm on a Wednesday?. Can't make it because of work. I was hoping it would be at night or on the weekend. Have fun guys.
Svartsengi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:48 PM   #17
kyuss275
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow Millions acted quickly on this. I am impressed. Wish i was in Calgary to attend. Any of the names listed pro moving Iggy to jump start rebuild?

Was hoping "moon" would be in front of camera.
kyuss275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:52 PM   #18
Svartsengi
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuss275 View Post
Wow Millions acted quickly on this. I am impressed. Wish i was in Calgary to attend. Any of the names listed pro moving Iggy to jump start rebuild?

I am pro moving Iggy. Can't make it to Schanks at that time unfortunately.
Svartsengi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:56 PM   #19
Milt Schmidt
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

This is a really awesome thing to do Mr. Millions. This board is made up of some really passionate Flames fans and it's nice to see someone in traditional media not only take their views seriously but also give them an offline voice. So good to see.

Milt
Milt Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Milt Schmidt For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2012, 06:36 PM   #20
T@T
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuss275 View Post

Lets all chip in and get him a limo from Lethbridge for him to attend,and someone remind him not to show up in an oiler jersey