Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 04:24 PM   #181
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonDuke View Post
The word "epic" rgmg.
In the same category as "owned/pwned"
Epic gear grinder brah
The Following User Says Thank You to CMPunk For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2014, 05:03 PM   #182
DOOM
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMPunk View Post
Epic gear grinder brah
You pwned him!
The Following User Says Thank You to DOOM For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2014, 05:39 PM   #183
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

last night I came face to face with Satan himself, also goes by the name of the Dyson Airblade. I like their vacuums but that thing is the most mind blowing stupidly designed contraption on the planet. it's the world's worst game of Operation, where winning (difficult) means semi-dry hands and losing (very easy) means fecal handshakes/fist bumps with anyone else who has ever used it.

anyways I lost again, and it shall be a grim reminder that given the choice, simply wiping on my own clothes will always be the far superior option. never again shall I stare down this cackling, gaping maw and pray that it helps with my washroom hygiene.

The Following User Says Thank You to Inglewood Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2014, 05:42 PM   #184
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Jack View Post
last night I came face to face with Satan himself, also goes by the name of the Dyson Airblade. I like their vacuums but that thing is the most mind blowing stupidly designed contraption on the planet. it's the world's worst game of Operation, where winning (difficult) means semi-dry hands and losing (very easy) means fecal handshakes/fist bumps with anyone else who has ever used it.

anyways I lost again, and it shall be a grim reminder that given the choice, simply wiping on my own clothes will always be the far superior option. never again shall I stare down this cackling, gaping maw and pray that it helps with my washroom hygiene.

Why is it so rare to find the ideal set up of automatic towel dispenser, and garbage can right by the door, so that I can dry my hands, use my towel to open the door, and chuck it in the can on my way out?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4X4 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2014, 05:43 PM   #185
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Costco uses those. I hate them so much.
Old 01-01-2014, 05:45 PM   #186
JonDuke
Franchise Player

Exp:

My kids won't use a bathroom if there's a Dyson in it. (They're young) Those things are freaking loud and obnoxious.
Old 01-01-2014, 05:51 PM   #187
BigBrodieFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

What GMG is my constant memory fail.

In the past week I have:

Used the keypad on my keyboard thinking I was dialing out on my work phone.

Lost my debit card at least 10 times.

Lost my car keys at least 5 times.

Forgot the simplest names of movies and bands while playing drunk trivial pursuit at a New Year's party, but I wasn't even drunk. I couldn't remember the group 'The Monkeys' or Ed Norton's name, or the answer to 'What 12 things are in the song 'The Twelve Days of Christmas?'

Irritating.
Old 01-01-2014, 05:56 PM   #188
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrodieFan View Post
What GMG is my constant memory fail.

In the past week I have:

Used the keypad on my keyboard thinking I was dialing out on my work phone.

Lost my debit card at least 10 times.

Lost my car keys at least 5 times.

Forgot the simplest names of movies and bands while playing drunk trivial pursuit at a New Year's party, but I wasn't even drunk. I couldn't remember the group 'The Monkeys' or Ed Norton's name, or the answer to 'What 12 things are in the song 'The Twelve Days of Christmas?'

Irritating.
To be fair, that's not really simple...I know I couldn't do it
Old 01-01-2014, 06:21 PM   #189
BigBrodieFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMPunk View Post
To be fair, that's not really simple...I know I couldn't do it
Did you sing in a choir for 12 years and sing that song every year in front of hundreds of people? I did. Thanks for making me feel better though
Old 01-01-2014, 06:27 PM   #190
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
Costco uses those. I hate them so much.
I prefer them over the quite loud and noisy......

Old 01-01-2014, 06:43 PM   #191
pylon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
I prefer them over the quite loud and noisy......

We have these in our washrooms at work. I bet if you disassembled it, you would find a Pratt and Whitney J58 inside it. I set my glasses down on the sink counter once, and accidentally triggered it's motion sensor, and it blew my glasses into the toilet.

Only frikkin hand dryers equipped with afterburners.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to pylon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2014, 07:16 PM   #192
Methanolic
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

This summer at The Kings Head on MacLeod I discovered the hilarity of the hand dryer on the wall and the 3 foot tall waste basket below the hand dryer.

They have a paper towel dispenser beside the sink and the waste basket for the used paper towels right beside the washroom door, below the hand dryer.

When the waste basket gets near capacity and someone decides to use the hand dryer, the wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man effect is hysterical!
Old 01-01-2014, 07:17 PM   #193
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

When it comes to public toilets, the real culprit is not the dryers. It's the effin' stupid motion-activated faucets. Those things never work when you want them, and you always feel like an idiot waving your hand around under the faucet until it goes off. And of course they only dispense water for like 2 seconds, so you have to keep waving like an idiot.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Table 5 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2014, 07:22 PM   #194
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
When it comes to public toilets, the real culprit is not the dryers. It's the effin' stupid motion-activated faucets. Those things never work when you want them, and you always feel like an idiot waving your hand around under the faucet until it goes off. And of course they only dispense water for like 2 seconds, so you have to keep waving like an idiot.
Even worse is when the water pressure is too high and you end up with water on your jacket or shirt.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:25 PM   #195
Cuz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Jack View Post

I'm not a fan of air dryers in general, I find they don't ever get your hands as dry as paper towel, but the Dyson is the only one that even comes remotely close to actually drying your hands.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cuz For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2014, 07:28 PM   #196
jeffman
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydorn View Post
Futurshop's insistance that you say "No" to the extended warranty three times before they let you finish your purchase with them.

No, I don't want the extended 9 year warranty, why? Because if you continue pushing such shenanigans on your customers I can assure you won't even be in business in 9 years time, let alone able to honour such warranties, assuming the customer even has the receipt anymore.
You should see Dell.I dread the one year anniversary every time I purchase a computer. Just wow
Old 01-01-2014, 08:10 PM   #197
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
I'm not a fan of air dryers in general, I find they don't ever get your hands as dry as paper towel, but the Dyson is the only one that even comes remotely close to actually drying your hands.
yes, the Airblade actually does work if you manage to somehow use it exactly as intended. I have regular sized hands and normal coordination, I bet I could stick them in the thing and pull them out without touching the sides if it were turned off. the problem is the damn air blasts that force your hands in directions they don't want to go. I guess the idea is that the opposing jets should cancel each other out and keep your hands steady, but in practice I find that never happens, and I either touch the yellow rubber parts or spend so much time trying to make that not happen that the drying action is compromised.

and don't even get me started on that hellish slurry that collects at the bottom of the Airblade. try putting your hands deeper in to dry your wrists, and your fingertips will be coated in stool slurpee.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:57 PM   #198
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

At least it shouldn't be stool at the bottom of the air blade as the users of it will at least have put some effort into washing their hands. Not like the door handle you are touching next where the guy just wiped his ass and walked out.

For me Bathroom germs were added to the list of things I refuse to care about because there is nothing you can do about them. Use a public washroom get covered in fecal matter. The good news though is bathrooms are cleaner than your average office kitchen. The Coffee maker is where the real germs hang out. Moist warm place, and never cleaned.
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2014, 12:02 AM   #199
Drummer
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

The automatic taps in the bathrooms at Chinook, the one on the main floor north end, hardly ever work properly. Also waterless urinals really grind my gears.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:28 AM   #200
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

It is probably much more important to wash your hands before you unzip your pants than after. That's my theory on public washroom best practices.

If you are more worried about the cleanliness of your hands after you touch your private parts than before that is not necessarily a good thing. For instance, the questions really should be, "how do I lock the door to the toilet stall without touching anything?".
Closed Thread