Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 08:58 PM   #2941
smiggy77
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny's Moustache View Post
HAHA their fans used to get so pissed if you leaned forward for more than a nano-second in their old dump.

So much for "amazing sight lines". Just add it to the pile of lies along with bathrooms line-ups and actual 20oz beers!

Hahaha it's actually so bad they have to put a warning on the jumbotron before every period to not lean forward.

And also $10 for these dinky sippy cups. Definitely smaller than dome beers.
Old 01-20-2017, 09:10 PM   #2942
Lanny's Moustache
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiggy77 View Post
Hahaha it's actually so bad they have to put a warning on the jumbotron before every period to not lean forward.

And also $10 for these dinky sippy cups. Definitely smaller than dome beers.
Seriously? A warning not to lean forward in a BRAND NEW building that's supposed to have amazing sight lines? I wish I could make this stuff up.

How come they don't mention that part in the Rogers sponsors Rogers documentary that airs on Rogers Sportsnet about Rogers new building Rogers place? Every day they show more and more how Drumpfian they truly are.

If you got one of those cups do everyone a favor and take it home to try and fill it with 20oz of water. Report back (with video) if you can and not spill a drop!
Old 01-20-2017, 09:31 PM   #2943
Eric Vail
First Line Centre

Exp:

Justin Schultz with two more points tonight. Now ranks fourth in defensemen scoring. He is +25, one point from the NHL lead.

What did the Oilers get for him when they traded him? Haven't they had a dire need for puck moving defensemen?
Old 01-20-2017, 10:24 PM   #2944
3rd liner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Oil lose tonight in shootout and sportsnet oilers broadcast team show post-game highlights that are all oilers. Showing the oilers hits and talking about how they turned the game around. You'd think they won the game. Sickening as usual.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:43 PM   #2945
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd liner View Post
Oil lose tonight in shootout.
Loser points for the oil are really starting to GMMFG.
Old 01-20-2017, 11:16 PM   #2946
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

You seriously can't lean forward at Oilers games? How are you supposed to be on the edge of your seat watching McDavid in OT?
Old 01-20-2017, 11:22 PM   #2947
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunkstyle View Post
History does indeed repeat itself.

They've been down this road before, a hot goalie and big scorer and it got them....nowhere.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2017, 12:29 AM   #2948
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunkstyle View Post
Just wait......

Cam Talbot is on a pace for 73 games played this season.

They have no backup they trust.

Talbot will falter under all this load and the Oil will go on a long losing streak and miss the playoffs.

It could happen!
Old 01-21-2017, 01:56 AM   #2949
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

24 of the Oilers' points this year have come from OT games. 13 for the Flames.

Meaning 42% of their points earned this season have come from 3 on 3 or the skill competition, usually after sitting on tie games to guarantee a loser point.

Second most OT/SO games played (16) behind New Jersey (17). For comparison/context, the Canucks have played in 15 (also notorious for holding out in tie games for the extra point), Toronto 13, Nashville 11, Dallas 10, Calgary 8.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2017, 03:27 AM   #2950
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm getting sic & tired of the f'in Oilers with their cheap loser points and McDiving and his cheap points period.

And I'm really tired of the stupid media treating them like they're a good team.
Old 01-21-2017, 05:53 AM   #2951
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Meh, they are getting points. That's the the only thing that matters during the season.
Old 01-21-2017, 09:10 AM   #2952
smiggy77
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
You seriously can't lean forward at Oilers games? How are you supposed to be on the edge of your seat watching McDavid in OT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny's Moustache View Post
Seriously? A warning not to lean forward in a BRAND NEW building that's supposed to have amazing sight lines? I wish I could make this stuff up.

How come they don't mention that part in the Rogers sponsors Rogers documentary that airs on Rogers Sportsnet about Rogers new building Rogers place? Every day they show more and more how Drumpfian they truly are.

If you got one of those cups do everyone a favor and take it home to try and fill it with 20oz of water. Report back (with video) if you can and not spill a drop!

Oh trust me, those sippy cups were not Mommy approved haha.

For your pleasure, here is a photo of the sippy cup with my view obstructed because the guy was leaning forward.

Had to watch the jumbotron for most of OT lol

Old 01-21-2017, 09:12 AM   #2953
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

A Nugent-Hopkins jersey? Much like the player himself, that must be disappointing.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2017, 10:39 AM   #2954
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Damn doesn't help that the guy looks to be a giraffe but that's a terrible sight line. You can't even see anything!
Old 01-21-2017, 11:13 AM   #2955
ASP#26525
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
Damn doesn't help that the guy looks to be a giraffe but that's a terrible sight line. You can't even see anything!
Yeah, that guy looks tall, but sheesh! I'd be irate if I paid good $$ and had that "view"! With my luck, since I'm short, the person ahead of me would take up that much space even if he weren't leaning forward!
Old 01-21-2017, 12:26 PM   #2956
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
A Nugent-Hopkins jersey? Much like the player himself, that must be disappointing.
A knock-off one at that.
Old 01-22-2017, 10:50 AM   #2957
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Spector got to write the article he has been dreaming of for a decade now all about how the Oilers are so far ahead of the Flames and it doesn't look like we will be able to catch up
Old 01-22-2017, 10:59 AM   #2958
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Well to Be honest, right now, he's right, the Oilers just pretty much kicked the crap out of us in the seasons series and it wasn't close.

The Oilers are pretty much a bad team that's living on the gimmick 3 v 3 crap to stick in a playoff spot. They have McDavid and Draisaitl and Maroon and Talbot and that's it, the rest of that lineup is garbage, they have no organizational depth at all, and they're going to struggle to do anything to improve that team once the contracts start streaming in.

However clearly at this point, the Flames rebuild is beginning to look like a dissapointment because I see so little heart and effort and push back, especially from the players that are suppossed to push this team over the top.

The Oilers best players are their best players and they're carrying this team.

With the Flames the players that are supposed to carry this team can't carry the supporting players jockstraps in terms of heart and effort and wanting to win.

Lets be honest about Spector, I read his book and then promptly threw it in the trash, it was a poorly written book by a crap humblebrag writer. And the fact that the Flames won't be able to catchup, he's right. The Flames have too much pride to pretty much intentionally sewer themselves for a chance at a player like McDavid. I hope that the Oiler fans are enjoying this now, they get full honors, but their window slams shut at the end of next year. And I wouldn't want Chia in charge of trading or negotiating anything concerning my hockey card collection.

But I think at this point, while its fun to point to the Oilers being no good, and they're not, they're a average at best team which is hilarious considering that this is where they got after a decade of rebuilding, this thread has become obsolete.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 01-22-2017, 11:03 AM   #2959
AlbertaOiler72
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Young Stars Tournament
Edmonton 4, Calgary 3 (OT)

Preseason
Edmonton 4, Calgary 2
Edmonton 2, Calgary 1

Regular Season
Edmonton 7, Calgary 4
Edmonton 5, Calgary 3
Edmonton 2, Calgary 1 (SO)
Edmonton 7, Calgary 3

Edmonton is good

thanks for coming out guys...see you all next year
The Following User Says Thank You to AlbertaOiler72 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2017, 11:03 AM   #2960
Par
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Can we change the title of thread, it funny to see people say the Oilers are no good but they managed to destroy the Flames this season. If their players are no good, what does that say about our players.
The Following User Says Thank You to Par For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread