Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 04:35 PM   #701
hockey.modern
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
David Pagnotta @TheFourthPeriod

All indications are Michael Del Zotto won't be re-signing with Philly. He's received plenty of interest so far today, time to move on.
If Stone doesn't work out, he'd be my second option.
Old 06-25-2017, 05:34 PM   #702
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
With what?
it is a good question after our draft picks have gone.

I think Colorado wants to reload their young depth/prospects as well as get cap flexibility. I think that our young goalies will be of interest having lost Pickard in the expansion draft as well.

So I think we'll be offering a handful of our prospects, including one of Gillies/Parsons.

Ferland + Parsons + Fox ???
Old 06-25-2017, 05:39 PM   #703
mrdonkey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_carlson View Post

I think Colorado wants to reload their young depth/prospects as well as get cap flexibility. I think that our young goalies will be of interest having lost Pickard in the expansion draft as well.

So I think we'll be offering a handful of our prospects, including one of Gillies/Parsons.

Oh my god, gross. I sometimes have to wonder how many people realize how good Fox and Parsons really are.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to mrdonkey For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2017, 05:51 PM   #704
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_carlson View Post

No, no and no to every piece of that proposal. Fox has done things that haven't been done since the early 90's by a Dman at his level. Parsons is probably the best goalie prospect in the league ATM - Murray potential imo - Ferland is so close to breaking out and a good part of the toughness in our core.

I think you need picks to bring in Landeskog and the Flames just aren't in a position to deal more of them and aren't in a position to deal the strength of their prospects either with not as many high end picks in the pipeline next year.

Tree is going to have to find a team looking for cap flexibility in dealing a large contract e.g. Ryan, look for a UFA value signing e.g. Marleau, Vrbata or look internally at a Lazar or maybe swinging Tkachuk over to the top right side.

Also Ferland I think is still very much an option as he looked very good at times with that duo last year.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heavy Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2017, 08:07 PM   #705
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdonkey View Post
Oh my god, gross. I sometimes have to wonder how many people realize how good Fox and Parsons really are.
Nobody running an NHL front office would trade Gabriel Landeskog for that package. If that was actually on the table, take it and run, my god. A prospect goalie and a defenseman barely bigger than Russell for Landeskog.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GreenLantern2814 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2017, 08:27 PM   #706
Racki
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm starting to wonder if Stone may actually be an Oilers target? I really want to see him end up back in Calgary so I sure hope not.
Old 06-25-2017, 08:31 PM   #707
Kipper_3434
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
Nobody running an NHL front office would trade Gabriel Landeskog for that package. If that was actually on the table, take it and run, my god. A prospect goalie and a defenseman barely bigger than Russell for Landeskog.
That prospect goalie is dominant, next level good. His ceiling is enormously​ high. Jonathan Quick, Price and Rask all started out as prospects too. Landeskog is an overpaid winger on a bad contract, if this team is going to be long term contenders then we need Parsons. Not to mention that Ferland is essentially a poor man's Landeskog with potential to be just as good if not better. Don't care about fox, he's skilled, but he has major holes in his game.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kipper_3434 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2017, 09:35 PM   #708
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

David Pagnotta‏ @TheFourthPeriod
There's a lot of interest in F Tyler Pitlick. Strong forward (C/RW) & great skater. He won't be back w/ Oilers; caught many eyes b4 injury.
Old 06-25-2017, 10:36 PM   #709
bigrangy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
David Pagnotta‏ @TheFourthPeriod
There's a lot of interest in F Tyler Pitlick. Strong forward (C/RW) & great skater. He won't be back w/ Oilers; caught many eyes b4 injury.
Pitlick has looked like a legit top 9 guy for all of 20 games every year before he gets injured

He wouldn't be the worst pickup but I'd rather have Chiasson, Versteeg, or Hathaway given similar cap hits
Old 06-25-2017, 10:50 PM   #710
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Heavy Jack casually mentions Bobby Ryan, but is it out of the question?

5 years at 7.5M. Brouwer is 3 years at 4.5.

Do we give them cap relief? He would look alright on that top line, and was left unprotected and unchosen during the expansion draft because of his contract. Yes, he is overpayed, but in 3 years may be re-tradable with only a 2 year contract.

Looked alright in the playoffs.
Old 06-25-2017, 11:27 PM   #711
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

There really isn't a lot of choice out there.

Most top 6 RWs likely on the market either have warts or the asset cost would be out of our range. The free agents are either going to command ridiculous contracts or are not better than anything we have.

Doing nothing is an option as well. I don't think it would be the end of the world to roll with what we did, but if injuries strike on the right side, we are going to be screwed.
Old 06-25-2017, 11:40 PM   #712
GullFoss
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Evander Kane would look real good on the top line; is a UFA next year. Wonder if a deal could be had...
Old 06-26-2017, 05:44 AM   #713
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Apparently Ottawa is considering Micheal Stone as their Methot replacement and pair him with Karlsson. His brother on the team might make it more likely he signs there.

edit link:
http://www.ottawasun.com/2017/06/25/...market-opening

Last edited by sureLoss; 06-26-2017 at 05:51 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2017, 05:47 AM   #714
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
Apparently Ottawa is considering Micheal Stone as their Methot replacement and pair him with Karlsson. His brother on the team might make it more likely he signs there.

Does Karlsson or Stone slide to their off-side? Doesn't seem like a match to me.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:03 AM   #715
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Rick Dhaliwal
@DhaliwalSports
Have learned the #Canucks have called the agent for D Karl Alzner and F Jordan Weal. Both local products.

Rick Dhaliwal @DhaliwalSports
As of now the #Canucks have not called the agents for goalies Brian Elliott, Chad Johnson or Steve Mason. Are they close with Ryan Miler?.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:45 AM   #716
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

pressure is on for Vegas to flip players.

Pierre LeBrun @PierreVLeBrun
Vegas has had all the leverage for a long time in this process but now losing some as every day goes by and still have players to move...

From talking to some teams, they know full well that VGK can't bring all those players to camp... pressure is on to flip more guys asap...

whether that's Emelin, Methot, Sbisa, etc... can they get as much as they thought they'd get?

On the other hand, regarding VGK, the guys they're trying to flip have less term on their deals than what a UFA will cost you July 1 so...
Old 06-26-2017, 06:49 AM   #717
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

Flip Sbisa? The guy is garbage, did he mean flip Luca's pizza?

IMO the Flames should go hard after Neal, he'd be a perfect fit and just what this forward group needs.
Old 06-26-2017, 07:06 AM   #718
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Rick Dhaliwal
@DhaliwalSports
Have learned the #Canucks have called the agent for D Karl Alzner and F Jordan Weal. Both local products.

Rick Dhaliwal @DhaliwalSports
As of now the #Canucks have not called the agents for goalies Brian Elliott, Chad Johnson or Steve Mason. Are they close with Ryan Miler?.
So let me get this straight. The Canucks want to move Tanev and overpay for Alzner in free agency? What exactly is this organization trying to build?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2017, 07:37 AM   #719
Sutter_in_law
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poe969 View Post
Flip Sbisa? The guy is garbage, did he mean flip Luca's pizza?

IMO the Flames should go hard after Neal, he'd be a perfect fit and just what this forward group needs.
I agree, but I don't think there is any interest from VGK to move Neal after having him show up in person for the team unveiling - and also, what do we give up to get him? I know Tre is a wizard, but he's running out of ingredients to throw into his cauldron to brew up his latest potion to feed to other GM's

I think we need to get a UFA or promote from within, I feel promoting from within is the plan for this year and I hope that's the case unless we can convince a legit top 6 player to come here for 1-2 years on the cheap.

Last edited by Sutter_in_law; 06-26-2017 at 07:40 AM.
Old 06-26-2017, 07:41 AM   #720
442scotty
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

edit link:
http://www.ottawasun.com/2017/06/25/...market-opening
Argh 😞 Forgot about his brother in Ottawa... I guess Treliving will have to pry Stone out of Ottawa . He would look good beside his old line mate Ferland...
Closed Thread