Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2023, 07:42 PM   #201
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Giants making the playoffs last year may end up setting them back worse than had they gone 0-17. At least 0-17 you start fresh with a rookie QB and you're likely to get a pass from the fans. Now going all-in with Jones, who I'm sure even most Giants fans did not want to go all-in with, is gonna eat up all that goodwill Daboll earned last year mighty fast, and by next year he'll be on the hot seat instead of year two with a rookie.
Old 09-10-2023, 07:51 PM   #202
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackercowe View Post
Is Daniel Jones the worst player in the history of sports to earn nearly 50 million in a season?
Quite possibly. Lots of dead money over the first three years if they try to get out of it as they are stuck with him for at least the next two seasons.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 07:56 PM   #203
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Even if you add his rushing stats to his totals, last year was 3,900 yards, 22 TDs and 6 turnovers. All the credit in the world to him and his agent finessing that contract out of the Giants. Giants should have done the smart thing and franchised Jones to prove he could, well, not totally suck, which is all he actually proved in 2022.
Old 09-10-2023, 08:13 PM   #204
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I mean the last team who had a 33-0 lead in the third quarter lost, so anything is possible?
Old 09-10-2023, 09:00 PM   #205
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

I assume Cowboys fans are planning the parade?
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 09:17 PM   #206
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Would have been hilarious if the Cowboys brought in Lance for some reps.
Old 09-10-2023, 09:34 PM   #207
ben voyonsdonc
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
I assume Cowboys fans are planning the parade?
Most Cowboys fans are so damaged from constant disappointment that we don’t celebrate anything anymore. Jerry Jones though is likely booking the parade permit.
ben voyonsdonc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ben voyonsdonc For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2023, 09:35 PM   #208
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

here's my hot take drive by for this Sunday.

I think it's beyond gross that Watson is playing and the Browns should have nothing but #### happen to them all year.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 09:46 PM   #209
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Worst loss I can remember in... years. I don't even know how long.
Didn't have a chance to watch the game live but worst loss since last season? They've had lots of bad games for a few years now, even last year, but overshadowed by Geno surprising everyone that lessened the blow.

Rams are improved after last year's SB hangover year, and there's a sense that the Seahawks should be progressing this year together etc closer to SF...but they still have to put in the work, and they and Geno aren't sneaking up on a anyone this year.

Because of that league wide optimism, you wonder if the players are reading their own hype all offseason and thought they just had to show up, and came out flat.

Next week now vs a full of confidence Lions. Last year they played a mediocre Lions team later in the year and barely came out ahead (but doing so basically got them in the playoffs)

But yeah losing a division game right away to a team that is not the 49ers is a setback.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 10:37 PM   #210
Mathgod
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCboicgy View Post
Week 1: delivering underwhelming football.
and people complain about the CFL
Old 09-10-2023, 11:02 PM   #211
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
Didn't have a chance to watch the game live but worst loss since last season?
No. Absolutely not. If you didn't watch you do not understand what a humiliating garbage heap of a team they made themselves out to be. The way the first half went, they didn't deserve a lead - that was in many ways the "last season" version of the bad Seahawks. The second half was... I mean the Rams stink but they looked like a bad NFL team. The Seahawks looked like second string college players from Division II programs. 3 total yards in the second half, and the offense was better than the defense. That's how bad it was.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 06:21 AM   #212
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Would have been hilarious if the Cowboys brought in Lance for some reps.
Four more prime time games for the Giants to ruin this season. Their fluke run last year was the worst thing that could happen for NFL fans as the Giants have been ruining prime time games for almost a decade now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2023, 06:27 AM   #213
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
I didn’t see any of the game but losing by 1 when the kicker you traded for missed an extra point and a field goal is gonna get the Denver media spicy. Russ’s stat line looks like an Alex Smith special, check downs for days?
I don't think the missed kicks really mattered at the end of the day. The Raiders got the ball with 5 minutes left and marched from their 31 yard line to the Broncos 23 yard line before kneeling three times. They could have scored 3 or 6 points if they needed to.
Old 09-11-2023, 06:49 AM   #214
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Always great to see the Seattle Seanucks get off to an awful start! suck it Petey Carroll!
Old 09-11-2023, 10:16 AM   #215
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Four more prime time games for the Giants to ruin this season. Their fluke run last year was the worst thing that could happen for NFL fans as the Giants have been ruining prime time games for almost a decade now.
The NFL doesn't even care they know people will watch that's why they always get away with booking awful prime time games every year.
Paulie Walnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 10:46 AM   #216
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
The NFL doesn't even care they know people will watch that's why they always get away with booking awful prime time games every year.
I realize that the NY market has to be represented just as the Cowboys will always get their primetime games, but it still stinks that Canadians have seen way more of Eli Manning's back half of career and Daniel Jones than anyone asked for or wanted.
Old 09-11-2023, 10:54 AM   #217
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I don't think the missed kicks really mattered at the end of the day. The Raiders got the ball with 5 minutes left and marched from their 31 yard line to the Broncos 23 yard line before kneeling three times. They could have scored 3 or 6 points if they needed to.
Wait are you saying defensive genius Vance Joseph couldn’t stop Canton bound Jimmy G? But he has such a strong track record of *checks notes* …never coordinating a single good defence. Well poo
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 11:44 AM   #218
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Yesterday featured a lot of bad football. Might be like last year where good games in the first four weeks are few and far between.

There's not too much that you can take away from week 1. I do think Dallas is closer to San Francisco and Philly than the rest of the pack in the NFC is to them. I do think the Rams with a healthy Stafford are better than they get credit for as McVey still is a pretty good coach. 3 teams in the NFC South are 1-0...are we wondering in week 16 which of these 3 teams with a 9-6 record will take the Division or will it be more which 6-9 team can get to 8 wins?

In the AFC Jacksonville/Miami/Baltimore and winner of tonight's game are the playoff favorites who won. Cleveland's defense looked good, but they do match up well with the Bengals. Both the Dolphins and Chargers when healthy will be fun to watch. But both defences showed wesknesses yesterday. If the Chargers can run like that against other teams that will make them very dangerous...although when they had to throw at the end, Miami did get a lot of pressure. If you have the Raiders to win the AFC West and cash that ticket, I'll contend you were more lucky than smart, but one week in looks good.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sylvanfan For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2023, 11:56 AM   #219
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
Yesterday featured a lot of bad football. Might be like last year where good games in the first four weeks are few and far between.

There's not too much that you can take away from week 1. I do think Dallas is closer to San Francisco and Philly than the rest of the pack in the NFC is to them. I do think the Rams with a healthy Stafford are better than they get credit for as McVey still is a pretty good coach. 3 teams in the NFC South are 1-0...are we wondering in week 16 which of these 3 teams with a 9-6 record will take the Division or will it be more which 6-9 team can get to 8 wins?

In the AFC Jacksonville/Miami/Baltimore and winner of tonight's game are the playoff favorites who won. Cleveland's defense looked good, but they do match up well with the Bengals. Both the Dolphins and Chargers when healthy will be fun to watch. But both defences showed wesknesses yesterday. If the Chargers can run like that against other teams that will make them very dangerous...although when they had to throw at the end, Miami did get a lot of pressure. If you have the Raiders to win the AFC West and cash that ticket, I'll contend you were more lucky than smart, but one week in looks good.
The NFC is weaker but the top teams are probably two of the best teams in the league with San Fran and Philly.

The AFC east will be interesting as the Jets, Dolphins and Bills are all strong teams but I think the Bills are due for a drop off especially with Allen's erratic play.
Paulie Walnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 12:09 PM   #220
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
Wait are you saying defensive genius Vance Joseph couldn’t stop Canton bound Jimmy G? But he has such a strong track record of *checks notes* …never coordinating a single good defence. Well poo
They shut down Jacobs who has given them fits in the past. I wouldn't say they were bad and you can't take a lot out of week one.