Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2024, 09:27 AM   #3801
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
I'm actually lucky, my current role is "in Toronto".

I can work from anywhere in Canada that has good Wifi & an airport.
Lucky! Enjoy it! Wish I had that option... I'd totally move to a smaller city or town and live by a body of water. Can't do full-time remote in my industry (yet).
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 12:23 PM   #3802
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Okay. Here is what I propose.

I'm going to start a new Conservative Party in Alberta. One with Blackjack and Hookers.

But I need all of you to buy the memberships and make sure that I am elected as their Leader.

I'll come out with all kinds of insane nonsense in terms of a platform and you've got to back me on all of it! I'll do press conferences, news articles, things like banning abortion and taking away womens' right to vote, maybe even Armed Forces Conscription for all girls...I dont why. Because its insane?

But all of you have to buy the Party Memberships! You've gotta support me in this!

And then, hopefully, that'll split the Conservative vote in this Province enough to allow Nenshi to win.

Why settle for the lesser Evil?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2024, 12:37 PM   #3803
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
I hope Slava and flamesfever’s neighbours’ houses get flipped into fourplexes first.
I appreciate this sentiment, but doesn't this just mean that you're hoping our house values go up substantially? Surely, this is what we'd expect, right?
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 12:47 PM   #3804
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I appreciate this sentiment, but doesn't this just mean that you're hoping our house values go up substantially? Surely, this is what we'd expect, right?
Yeah, I’m altruistic but I still want you to be miserable along the way.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 12:53 PM   #3805
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post

I'm going to start a new Conservative Party in Alberta. One with Blackjack and Hookers.

But I need all of you to buy the memberships and make sure that I am elected as their Leader.

I'll come out with all kinds of insane nonsense in terms of a platform and you've got to back me on all of it! I'll do press conferences, news articles, things like banning abortion and taking away womens' right to vote, maybe even Armed Forces Conscription for all girls...I dont why. Because its insane?

But all of you have to buy the Party Memberships! You've gotta support me in this!

And then, hopefully, that'll split the Conservative vote in this Province enough to allow Nenshi to win.

You don't campaign on the crazy stuff. You need to slip that in later so all of your voters can shrug, dust their hands, and say "I had no idea!" Despite being shown red flags for months and years beforehand.

If anyone voted for any party, group, or candidate with a trace of say... Craig Chandler on it, they are either extremely ignorant or know exactly what they are doing.

These sorts of people/movements are made up of the latter, and rely on the former.
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 12:59 PM   #3806
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Yeah, I’m altruistic but I still want you to be miserable along the way.
Why do you think I continue coming back to engage with you?
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 01:03 PM   #3807
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Why do you think I continue coming back to engage with you?
Aside from my incredibly charming personality, winning smile, and acerbic wit…
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2024, 01:05 PM   #3808
edslunch
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

"Captain, oh my Captain, Locke"...said no-one, ever
edslunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to edslunch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2024, 01:34 PM   #3809
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by edslunch View Post
"Captain, oh my Captain, Locke"...said no-one, ever
Hey! I'm willing to take one for the Team here! You see anyone else stepping up?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2024, 02:18 PM   #3810
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:

Indistinguishable from the UCP's current platform?
D as in David is offline   Reply With Quote