Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2013, 10:30 AM   #181
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by you got PHANUEFED View Post
Wow the haters have come out in full force what this team needs to do is send Iggy packin he's lookin old he wont even drive up the middle he carries the puck to out side every time and then stops to dump it off he's no longer a threat on the ice so his contract is starting to look like an over payment aswell.
He's been doing that for about 5 years now. His half court offense.

Iggy would be great with a guy like Joe THornton. Plays the same type of half court game.

I agree with you though. Love Iggy, but a change is needed. He's just not right for this team anymore.

He'd do great on a contender, but he can't be the guy here anymore. We've all seen the story here every year.

He struggles, people complain, he gets on a hot streak, scores a bunch. Gives the management team some hope that he can sustain it when it matters. Come crunch time, he does nothing, Flames miss the playoffs. Everyone talks about what to do with him in the offseason.

Only this year, if the FLames play the game the same way, they lose him for nothing.

I'm sure the Flames will be in contention for a playoff spot at the deadline and they will decide to hold onto him and the cycle will repeat itself.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #182
FAN
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_Beef View Post

Too many people that can't look past the dollars and judge his play based on his contract instead of what he actually does.

Flames fans have become pathetic. It's sickening. They can't even support their players anymore.
Why should anyone look past dollars? There is a salary cap. Do you expect a GM to look past the dollars? And why support a player who seemingly doesn't play with heart.

Keeping an overpaid player because there isn't a better option is not the way to improve a team. Sometimes it's better to take a step back before taking a step forward. Comparing Bouwmeester to Lidstrom because they are both not "physical players" is absolutely stupid. Lidstrom is a vastly superior player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super-Rye View Post
Hartley said he wanted Feaster to keep Bouwmeester on to team so he can work with him.
I hope that's not the only reason Feaster kept Bouwmeester on the team.
FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FAN For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2013, 10:34 AM   #183
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by you got PHANUEFED View Post
Wow the haters have come out in full force what this team needs to do is send Iggy packin he's lookin old he wont even drive up the middle he carries the puck to out side every time and then stops to dump it off he's no longer a threat on the ice so his contract is starting to look like an over payment aswell.
iginla has definitely evolved passed the 'drive the play, drive to the net' type player he once was. He is more of just a sniper now. If he's the guy bringing the puck in and trying to create plays off his stick, then he's just with the wrong linemates, or his linemates aren't doing what they need to, in my opinion. During the SJ game, even last night, iginla did get into scoring areas but niemi just came up with the stops.

i haven't been overly concerned with iginla's game thus far. in fact, outside of cammalleri, i actually think the forwards have been relatively fine.
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bubbsy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2013, 10:39 AM   #184
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Wore my Bouwmeester jersey to the game last night. Thought maybe this early in the season I could get away with. I was sorely mistaken...
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:59 AM   #185
Stay Golden
Franchise Player

Exp:

The less Bouwmeester is on the ice the better the Flames chances are. He needs to be held accountable. He needs to face the media for his costly play and lack of any intensity.
Iginla is always on the media's target when the Flames are not winning.
Yes he is the Captain but this knob Bouwmeester is the 11th highest paid D man in the NHL and he just slimes his way out of the publics target.
It should be placed firmly on his forehead after every bad game.
Sutter refused to hold Bouwmeester accountable for anything.
Always your best players have to be your best players.
Code for blame Iginla, blame Tanguay, blame Cammilari. Who is your most prominent D man according to pay, who is the D man that was always getting more ice time...
Bouwmeester. He should wear the blame.
Its beyond the expiration date for holding this chump accountable for his detriment to the Calgary Flames.
Some fans bitched about Widemans 5m contract?
Wideman will accomplish more for the Flames in this 1/2 season than Bouwmeester has in 3 years.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:02 PM   #186
Change of Heart
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Golden View Post
The less Bouwmeester is on the ice the better the Flames chances are. He needs to be held accountable. He needs to face the media for his costly play and lack of any intensity.
Iginla is always on the media's target when the Flames are not winning.
Yes he is the Captain but this knob Bouwmeester is the 11th highest paid D man in the NHL and he just slimes his way out of the publics target.
It should be placed firmly on his forehead after every bad game.
Sutter refused to hold Bouwmeester accountable for anything.
Always your best players have to be your best players.
Code for blame Iginla, blame Tanguay, blame Cammilari. Who is your most prominent D man according to pay, who is the D man that was always getting more ice time...
Bouwmeester. He should wear the blame.
Its beyond the expiration date for holding this chump accountable for his detriment to the Calgary Flames.
Some fans bitched about Widemans 5m contract?
Wideman will accomplish more for the Flames in this 1/2 season than Bouwmeester has in 3 years.
You really have a hate on for J-Bo eh?
Old 01-22-2013, 12:07 PM   #187
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Change of Heart View Post
...at this stage, is there really any reason to like Bouwmeester?
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2013, 12:07 PM   #188
Phanuthier
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
Maybe if you like to golf in spring?

EDIT: I think we are reaching the 20 year anniversary of the last time Bouwmeester made the playoffs?
Old 01-22-2013, 12:08 PM   #189
Weiser Wonder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Last night is on Kiprusoff. Bouwmeester looked like a top 4 defenseman. Not good enough for the money, I suppose, but good enough to win with decent goaltending. You can't really look at minus stats when the goalie is consistently out of position and letting stoppable pucks go by.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:08 PM   #190
flamesaresmokin
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Bouwmeester post-game talking about "everyone running around, just need to do your own job"...talk into a mirror Mr. Can't win a battle in front of the net.

Funny because I distinctly remember bouwmeester saving a goal by out battling Selanne in front of the net last night.
flamesaresmokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:09 PM   #191
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanuthier View Post
Maybe if you like to golf in spring?
If I personally liked to golf in the spring, I'd hate Bouwmeester even more. Dude is always taking up the prime tee times!
Old 01-22-2013, 12:09 PM   #192
Stay Golden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Change of Heart View Post
Beyond that. When you pay for ST and you see your team getting f#### over by their own wonderslug game after game its a matter of vindication.
I have said it before I hate hate hate him as much as VAN. They are known as
That other team on the coast in my household.
Everyone in my family hates Bouwmeester. My 95 year old Great Grandmother who still listens to Flames on 960 hates Bouwmeester. lol
Old 01-22-2013, 12:09 PM   #193
JazzyFlame
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

If we had our same defence but with JayBo subtracted we would've finished below Edmonton last year.
JazzyFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JazzyFlame For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2013, 12:10 PM   #194
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesaresmokin View Post
Funny because I distinctly remember bouwmeester saving a goal by out battling Selanne in front of the net last night.
I distinctly remember him being beat by Ducks going wide on a number of occasions and losing battles in front of the net all night long as well.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:14 PM   #195
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't hate him like a lot of people but he certainly has been a massive failure in his time here.
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:19 PM   #196
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I distinctly remember him being beat by Ducks going wide on a number of occasions and losing battles in front of the net all night long as well.
And to bolster your comments just a little bit more, Bouwmeester has been on the ice for 7 of the 9 goals the Flames have let in so far this year. And its only two games in!

Kipprusoff needs to shake these games off in a hurry or nothing anyone else on the team does will even matter. We go as Kipper goes.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:25 PM   #197
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
And to bolster your comments just a little bit more, Bouwmeester has been on the ice for 7 of the 9 goals the Flames have let in so far this year. And its only two games in!

Kipprusoff needs to shake these games off in a hurry or nothing anyone else on the team does will even matter. We go as Kipper goes.
That means for roughly every 6 minutes of ice-time, a goal is scored with Bouwmeester on the ice.

I think it's crazy to assume that this won't improve over the season, but that is a terrible start for sure.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:34 PM   #198
CsInMyBlood
Franchise Player

Location: F*** me. We're so f***ing good, you check the f***ing standings? Lets f***ing go! F***ing practice!
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyFlame View Post
If we had our same defence but with JayBo subtracted we would've finished below Edmonton last year.
Yeah? How do you figure that? Last year Bouwmeester was on the ice for 105 goals against. That's good for third most goals against in the league. He also had the 11th worst +/- in the NHL last year, a grand total of 884 NHL players had a better +/- then him last season.

You obviously wouldn't subtract Bouwmeester without adding another Dman. $6.7M in salary could buy something decent. I honestly think (and have for awhile) that getting him off of this team is instant addition by subtraction.

Backlund for Selke 2017 2018
Oilers suck.
CsInMyBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CsInMyBlood For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2013, 12:37 PM   #199
Stay Golden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CsInMyBlood View Post
Yeah? How do you figure that? Last year Bouwmeester was on the ice for 105 goals against. That's good for third most goals against in the league. He also had the 11th worst +/- in the NHL last year, a grand total of 884 NHL players had a better +/- then him last season.

You obviously wouldn't subtract Bouwmeester without adding another Dman. $6.7M in salary could buy something decent. I honestly think (and have for awhile) that getting him off of this team is instant addition by subtraction.
the stats tell the truth about jellyfish don't they.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:26 PM   #200
MotoRacer
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Exactly
MotoRacer is offline   Reply With Quote