Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2024, 06:50 PM   #2941
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarongavey View Post
Who the hell is getting two tickets for 5K? Are there still 55 dollar seats anywhere in the dome? NHL tickets and access to new NHL arenas 45 days a year is pretty much the privilege of the wealthiest Calgarians now.
Yeah, my 2 quarter season seats were $4.5K or thereabouts. It’s a lot, especially when the games can be so randomly bad or good. Game packs might be the way to go.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 06:50 PM   #2942
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
I don't think we even need to wait for it as a bellwether. I mean Conroy tried to trade him at the deadline, it just fell through. He was fully committed to ditching Markstrom for futures, and reportedly still will this off-season.
If it fell through cause ownership said no then it’s still up in the air. I’m still a little worried they’ll do something dumb in the UFA market but so far so good.
Bonded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 06:54 PM   #2943
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Yeah, my 2 quarter season seats were $4.5K or thereabouts. It’s a lot, especially when the games can be so randomly bad or good. Game packs might be the way to go.
Yeah, I had a quarter season and it was hard to give tickets away when I was out of town for work. I’m going with spot buying until the games are fun to watch win or lose. Last season was some of the most soul sucking hockey I’ve ever watched. Bad vet laden teams are the worst spot to be in as a franchise IMO.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bonded For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2024, 06:56 PM   #2944
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

I find it interesting when fans who claim that the fanbase will support a rebuild are also the same fans saying they won't renew season tickets because the team isn't good enough.
dissentowner is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2024, 06:57 PM   #2945
Tacoman
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonded View Post
Yeah, I had a quarter season and it was hard to give tickets away when I was out of town for work. I’m going with spot buying until the games are fun to watch win or lose. Last season was some of the most soul sucking hockey I’ve ever watched. Bad vet laden teams are the worst spot to be in as a franchise IMO.
Last year was 100% better than the year before. More young guys and more consistent effort this year made a big improvement. Still some stinkers but not nearly as many.
Tacoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 07:25 PM   #2946
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I find it interesting when fans who claim that the fanbase will support a rebuild are also the same fans saying they won't renew season tickets because the team isn't good enough.
I’ve never claimed that, I’ve actually been on the opposite end saying people won’t but there is also about zero chance the Flames will relocate and the last rebuild the Flames did led to some pretty fun times. I definitely won’t buy any season tickets while they roll out vet heavy teams in an attempt to make playoffs but I will buy some as they rebuild.
Old 05-10-2024, 07:26 PM   #2947
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:
lanny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoman View Post
Last year was 100% better than the year before. More young guys and more consistent effort this year made a big improvement. Still some stinkers but not nearly as many.
Yeah, first Huberdeau year was brutal. This season had some fun games to watch.
Old 05-10-2024, 07:52 PM   #2948
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I’ve never claimed that, I’ve actually been on the opposite end saying people won’t but there is also about zero chance the Flames will relocate and the last rebuild the Flames did led to some pretty fun times. I definitely won’t buy any season tickets while they roll out vet heavy teams in an attempt to make playoffs but I will buy some as they rebuild.
I didn't name names, I am just saying I have seen posters say this fanbase would support a tear it down rebuild and then say they are not renewing because they are not happy with the losses.
dissentowner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 08:00 PM   #2949
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I didn't name names, I am just saying I have seen posters say this fanbase would support a tear it down rebuild and then say they are not renewing because they are not happy with the losses.
Fair, I think the outcome will be the same either way and the retool route is a longer way to get there. If they try to limp into a retool and commit to vets it will just delay the slide into a bottom feeder and prolong the pain and decreased interest from fans. There is no version of this roster that will be a consistent playoff team let alone a contender. Go get the next Monahan, Tkachuk, and Gaudreau and make some noise in the new arena.
Old 05-10-2024, 08:10 PM   #2950
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I went to all of them except I was out of town on the last Oiler game. They were generally not bad, but I got lucky.
Old 05-10-2024, 08:30 PM   #2951
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

What draws people to getting seasons tickets? I get loving the sport (why else would I sign up on CP) but I don’t know if I would enjoy going to 10-20-30 games a year. I like the novelty of 1-3 a year.

With that said I haven’t spent a dollar on a single NHL product since the terrible no goal call against Coleman against the oilers. I’m still holding that grudge.
PaperBagger'14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 08:32 PM   #2952
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was going to share them with my wife's family. Her parents would enjoy going to games as would her brother and son.
Old 05-10-2024, 08:34 PM   #2953
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think whether seats are sold depends on the quality of the rebuild.

If the rebuild is akin to Ottawa and Detroit, where they are no top 3 picks, and things drag on, then yes.

But if it's like San Jose, Chicago, Rangers, Toronto, where there are 1st OA picks, then I believe seats would be sold.

If it's like Buffalo, then I believe seats would be sold at first, but eventually the enthusiasm would fade.
1qqaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 09:55 PM   #2954
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBagger'14 View Post
What draws people to getting seasons tickets? I get loving the sport (why else would I sign up on CP) but I don’t know if I would enjoy going to 10-20-30 games a year. I like the novelty of 1-3 a year.

With that said I haven’t spent a dollar on a single NHL product since the terrible no goal call against Coleman against the oilers. I’m still holding that grudge.
They were great seats, for one thing. And I’ve always wanted a steady diet of games.

But the prices going up - the cost is tough to justify.
The Following User Says Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2024, 10:21 PM   #2955
dieHARDflameZ
Franchise Player

Exp:

Woops

Last edited by dieHARDflameZ; 05-10-2024 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Wrong thread.
dieHARDflameZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 10:57 PM   #2956
Hackey
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
You might have a few leaner years at the start, but that's the price you pay. What's more important? Building a legit contender or making sure attendance is always full? If this is the way ownership thinks we're doomed. Offset your leaner years with reduced cap spending if the bottom line is such a priority. Find new creative ways to get people in the door. I just don't get the point of being a billionaire and owning a hockey team if you're going to run it like you're scared to lose a few bucks. All big businesses lose money in the growth stage and they don't have a guaranteed billion dollar exit. And if you build it right you'll more than make up for your losses. And if you don't, at least you gave it a real shot and you're likely not in any worse a position than you would have been doing a half ass re-tool.
Hackey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hackey For This Useful Post:

Tags
devils suck , e=ng , edmonton is no good , nj is no good