Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2013, 03:55 PM   #141
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Keep an eye on on kijiji I got my garmin hear rate strap monitor food pod and watch for 40 bucks
fundmark19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:04 PM   #142
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

I still dont have mine. It was shipped May 1st.

Looking forward to it, but also enjoying the pre DDP guilt free living the last two weeks.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:00 AM   #143
jeep991
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Does anyone have a suggestion on a good <$100 heart rate monitor? I've been using one where you have to stop and put your fingers on it and its pretty inconvenient. Thanks.
jeep991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:51 AM   #144
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

So I started today, just with the breathing and the daily dozen (13)

I have to admit, I was skeptical, I mean, I've been a throw the weights around guy for most of my life.

But even going through the daily dozen one time raised my heart rate and the resistance stuff is actually very cool.

I think I am going to spend the next few days just rolling the daily dozen, I now believe it when he says that form and getting the muscles engaged is the only way this is going to work, because I can see where you can really cheat if you don't do it right, or you don't engage it.

The pushups, I used to be a 50 pushup at a time person only a few years back before my shoulders and elbows started going on me, I did three of those slow burn pushus and I was shaking.

I think this could be a pretty cool and different way to get back into shape without feeling totally ripped up in the end.

I think all of us that are trying this should keep each other up to date on what's happening with this.

But that was cool and I was pretty loogy when I started but even doing the dozen does wake you up in a hurry.

He could have gotten hotter woman instructors though, like his ex wife.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:41 AM   #145
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Energy really makes me sweat. The first time I had muscles feel like jelly that never felt like jelly before. The next day I wasn't sore, but I could feel like like I had a good workout.I combined the Diamond Dozen with Energy another night and got really sweaty. The good thing about Energy is that it is short. After I did it last night I felt like I could do another round but when I stood up I could tell my legs weren't going to last.
Buff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:26 AM   #146
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Is there an order to the discs? My buddy gave me his set but I have no idea if there is an order to these or not.

Did Diamond dozen first but then what?
Galakanokis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:38 AM   #147
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Breathing and Diamond dozen are first, then you can chose energy, fat burn or core.as your prmaries.

I'm scared to look at the more advanced discs right now.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2013, 08:51 AM   #148
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

There is a 13 week schedule of workouts to follow for each level of user (beginner, intermediate, expert). How closely you follow that schedule depends on how much you want to work out. For most of the beginner workouts you work out 3 days per week, with an optional 4th day. At the end of the expert schedule you are working out 6 days per week.

I'm loosely following the beginner workout, but mostly to ensure I get at least 3 workouts per week, and that I'm introducing the new workouts during the weeks that are suggested via this schedule. I intend to do the same for the other two levels. I'm working out 4-5 times per week though, as my fitness level isn't quite so beginner so I can do more than suggested.

They keep stressing, "make DDPYoga yours". You modify the workouts so that you can do it. You do as much or as little as your body can handle. As long as you push yourself and don't over do it, you'll get the benefits.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:40 AM   #149
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

My wife, who is a physiotherapist, has been doing some of the workouts with me. I believe I previously mentioned that she found nothing wrong with the workouts. Well, today she told me that she taught a couple of the basic moves to a patient as a part of their rehab process. I thought that was pretty cool.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:21 PM   #150
taco.vidal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

___

Its been quiet in this thread.
Who has listed their videos on Kijiji?

___
taco.vidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:17 PM   #151
GreatWhiteEbola
First Line Centre

Exp:

Going well for me, I have been doing what I can while sitting in the wheel chair up until yesterday now I'm working on the standing maneuvers, (stiff legged and bar back) .

My core strength is getting better, I wake up earlier and more refreshed, better appetite.

I'm paralyzed from the waist down...I use a KAFO (knee ankle foot orthotic) on my left leg and my right leg is about 80% motor control with very little sensation. I haven't been walking for almost a year after I broke my ankle on my right "good" leg.

This would have been impossible for me to do 3 weeks ago...NSFW half naked GWE (no shirt on, it was hot, lol)...

NSFW!

Last edited by GreatWhiteEbola; 06-04-2013 at 08:20 PM.
GreatWhiteEbola is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to GreatWhiteEbola For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2013, 09:47 PM   #152
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Still working through it, I'm encouraged by it.

Old 06-05-2013, 08:15 AM   #153
old-fart
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finally got my DVDs late last week. Did the Diamond Dozen on the weekend to learn the moves, and "officially" started the program on Monday. Having said that, I didnt just start with the Diamond Dozen as per the schedule because I have some yoga experience before with P90x so I went straight to Energy. Went well although as others havesaid I think I can do more in one night so I may add something else to it by the weekend - will probably stick to just Energy again tonight and Friday.

Target is to drop 12lbs while improving flexibility and I'm giving myself until mid August to accomplish that. I'll update as I go if anyone is interested.
old-fart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:07 AM   #154
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Absolutely, its good to hear success stories or fixes as we go through this

Old 06-05-2013, 09:27 AM   #155
The Goon
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I think that GreatWhiteEbola's update and photo is the tipping point for me ordering these videos. I just need to commit to it.
We may curse our bad luck that it's sounds like its; who's sounds like whose; they're sounds like their (and there); and you're sounds like your. But if we are grown-ups who have been through full-time education, we have no excuse for muddling them up.
The Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Goon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2013, 09:45 AM   #156
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm on week 4 of my program. I decided that I've been handling Energy and Fat Burner quite well so I thought, I could handle Red Hot Core. In the beginner schedule it isn't introduced until week 8, but I thought it would be easy for me to do even though I'm ending week 4.

Well, my core sucks! I've never had my abs feel like jelly as much as they did last night. If I keep it up my abs will be rock solid in no time!

What is really encouraging for me is that I've never lasted more than 3 weeks on an exercise program/routine since I was in my early 20s. I'm going into week 5 now and I'm looking forward to working out. I'm seeing good results in my upper body, and I have more energy when I go play ball hockey. This weekend I'll take my 6 pics again to compare day 1 to day 30.

I've added workout days to my routine too, so instead of doing it 3 days each week for the first few weeks, I was doing it 4 or 5 days. So glad I found this.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:46 AM   #157
ah123
First Line Centre

Exp:

Thinking of ordering the beginner package too...is it worth getting the heart rate monitor?
ah123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:48 AM   #158
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh, and WOW! GreatWhiteEbola, that is awesome! I still can't fold forward quite so far and I've always considered myself to be quite flexible. Good work!
Old 06-05-2013, 09:53 AM   #159
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah123 View Post
Thinking of ordering the beginner package too...is it worth getting the heart rate monitor?
Definitely. I've set mine to beep when I'm not in my target zone, so I know if I need to work harder, or if I need to take a step back for a second. I find it very helpful to know when you are in the zone. It is best to be in the zone so you get an efficient workout. When your heart rate is too low you're obviously not getting the most out of your workout, and when it is too high, the same thing occurs, you're not effectively burning fat/calories.

I didn't buy the heart rate monitor from the site as I didn't think I would need it. In the end I I bought one from Canadian Tire. Make sure you get one with a chest strap and that it measures your heart rate continually. At first I bought one that I had to stop and press two buttons to check my heart rate, and it was very inconvenient to do in the workouts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Buff For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2013, 03:51 PM   #160
old-fart
Franchise Player

Exp:

Agreed on the heart rate monitor with the chest strap. So nice to check and make sure you are "in the zone" without having to stop and press a button. My first day of Energy on Monday found me out of my zone on the high end quite often...
old-fart is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to old-fart For This Useful Post:

Tags
bang! , ddpyoga , guys do yoga too , not your mama's yoga , yrg