Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2021, 08:04 PM   #1221
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

I actually like the new Camrys and would consider the AWD but I dont think you can get the AWD with a V6. Full disclosure is I am totally biased towards Toyota, I had a Corolla for 13 years and it was a great (very boring) car - never had an issue mechanically at all.
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 08:31 PM   #1222
Canadianman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

*tried to quote Sliver three posts above*

"I don't think you'd have to worry about the 2.7 being underpowered. It has a zero to 60 of 5.9 seconds. That's bonkers for a truck. I have one and I love speed. It's fataing perfect. I also tow with it. My trailer is maybe 4500 pounds, so not too heavy, but at that weight I literally don't even know it's behind me. The truck does not notice. It's such a great engine. Really, you'd only need or want the 3.5 if you were towing something really heavy. For any other use, the 2.7 is ideal. "

this is great to hear. I was worried about towing specifically. I have a 4000lb trailer as well.

Last edited by Canadianman; 02-06-2021 at 08:33 PM. Reason: weird, it won't let me quote him?
Canadianman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Canadianman For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2021, 08:38 PM   #1223
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

You'll absolutely love it. I've towed thousands of kms with it. Up and over the mountains more times than I can count. It'll stay on cruise control at whatever speed you want on any hill anywhere.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2021, 09:39 AM   #1224
lucky1
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Some of the GM dealers have started offering a similar lease rate to Ford on very well equipped Sierra 1500’s
https://www.capitalgmcbuick.ca/curre...eekly-lease/#/
lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 01:05 PM   #1225
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:

The Ford deal is an amazing offer on the Lariat, much more truck then the Sierra SLE GMC is offering. The timeline on the Fords is the only concern as they are all using a factory order template with some unknown factors pertaining to actual delivery date.

The 2.7 Ecoboost is more then sufficient for most of us. It is going to have to work harder when pulling your RV, but definitely something you can work with for the ~1000km/ year most of us actually spend towing. This is another advantage to leasing, you are only into it for two years, it it’s underpowered you’ll know for next time. Even if you are torquing the snap out of the 2.7, in two years it is someone else’s ( poor American) problem.
Old 02-07-2021, 01:28 PM   #1226
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pretty amazing you can move that much truck and a trailer with the same size engine my 1989 Chevy Corsica had. Do they have a lot of turbo noise?
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 01:35 PM   #1227
Ahuch
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Sutton View Post
The Ford deal is an amazing offer on the Lariat, much more truck then the Sierra SLE GMC is offering. The timeline on the Fords is the only concern as they are all using a factory order template with some unknown factors pertaining to actual delivery date.

The 2.7 Ecoboost is more then sufficient for most of us. It is going to have to work harder when pulling your RV, but definitely something you can work with for the ~1000km/ year most of us actually spend towing. This is another advantage to leasing, you are only into it for two years, it it’s underpowered you’ll know for next time. Even if you are torquing the snap out of the 2.7, in two years it is someone else’s ( poor American) problem.
Yeah, can't really compare the two trims. When I was test driving trucks last year the Sierra Denali smoked the Lariat (in my opinion), but can't say anything about 2021s.
Ahuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 01:40 PM   #1228
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary14 View Post
I actually like the new Camrys and would consider the AWD but I dont think you can get the AWD with a V6. Full disclosure is I am totally biased towards Toyota, I had a Corolla for 13 years and it was a great (very boring) car - never had an issue mechanically at all.
When I was looking in the Summer and eventually bought a car we did look at the Camry too. Boring and vanilla as they come, but it was a solid car. You can get the SE in AWD, but as you note only with the 2.5 litre 4 banger. It's not awful for power, but it does lack a bit. Than again, by the time you dress up a Camry to that trim and you were to add a V6, it get's pretty pricey.

Ultimately I went with a Honda Accord Sport 2.0T. My familty doesn't really do a lot of winter road trips, and for the city driving I mostly do a FWD with good winter tires get's around good enough. I found that to get the Camry with the same features that the Honda sport trim offered it was only about $800 difference in price, and the Honda was just much more fun to drive. There was no comparison between the Toyota 2.5 and the Honda 2 liter turbo.

I plan to drive the car for 22 years until I hopefully can retire from work. So the Toyota to me was a great bet to last that long and not have problems. From all accounts the fuel economy on the Toyota is also really good. But I still like a car that provides a bit of fun, and the Honda 2 liter gave a lot more of that. I'm happy with the Honda thus far, For a supposedly boring family car, I find that the Accord drives nice, has good power, and gives you quite a bit for a good price. I do worry a bit about the Direct Injection Turbo and the longevity of that vs the naturally aspirated engine, but that's why I splurged for the 2.0 litre over the 1.5.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sylvanfan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2021, 02:31 PM   #1229
chedder
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahuch View Post
Yeah, can't really compare the two trims. When I was test driving trucks last year the Sierra Denali smoked the Lariat (in my opinion), but can't say anything about 2021s.
There are two trim levels above lariat, which is now middle trim. King Ranch and Limited. Limited would compare to Denali.
chedder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chedder For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2021, 04:46 PM   #1230
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Pretty amazing you can move that much truck and a trailer with the same size engine my 1989 Chevy Corsica had. Do they have a lot of turbo noise?
Pretty much none. With the windows down I can kind of play with the throttle a bit to hear them, but you'll never notice them without making an effort.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2021, 09:21 PM   #1231
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chedder View Post
There are two trim levels above lariat, which is now middle trim. King Ranch and Limited. Limited would compare to Denali.
You forgot Platinum, which is just above Lariat, below King Ranch.
Old 02-08-2021, 06:45 AM   #1232
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
I'm talking about the 2020 Yaris.

Let me show you what I mean. Here's a shot of the Ford Focus sedan alongside a Mazda 2 hatch.

Spoiler!
North America doesn't get the real Yaris. The Yaris GR is based on the Toyota build Yaris.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 02:27 PM   #1233
Johnny199r
First Line Centre

Exp:

My car wouldnt start today. Yes it's cold.

It's a honda civic. I got a new battery about 2 years ago. It's a 2015 civic. I had it plugged in.

I get a boost this afternoon. I drove it around for 25 minutes after to make sure it was warmed up and so the battery would power itself up.

I then parked the vehicle and turned it off. I then tried turning it on again, and the vehicle wouldnt start, again.

I'm so frustrated.
Johnny199r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 02:29 PM   #1234
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny199r View Post
My car wouldnt start today. Yes it's cold.

It's a honda civic. I got a new battery about 2 years ago. It's a 2015 civic. I had it plugged in.

I get a boost this afternoon. I drove it around for 25 minutes after to make sure it was warmed up and so the battery would power itself up.

I then parked the vehicle and turned it off. I then tried turning it on again, and the vehicle wouldnt start, again.

I'm so frustrated.
That sucks, man. Maybe pick up one of these battery boosters to get you through winter so you don't get stranded.
Old 02-08-2021, 02:42 PM   #1235
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Driving for 25 minutes in this cold is not going to put a charge back in it. I highly recommend one of these, CT and other places sell them locally:

https://www.amazon.ca/Battery-Tender...K8S/ref=sr_1_7

Get this as well:
https://www.amazon.ca/Battery-Tender...OKZQ/ref=bmx_1

You can then attach this to your battery, and leave the connector hanging with your block heater cord. Connect them both on cold nights, or just use this when you haven't been driving in awhile, or just make really short trips.

Unfortunately a battery that has been frozen solid doesn't always come back very well, and trying to charge one while frozen is not going to be all that successful. If it's only 2 years old you may have some warranty on it, and you can get a partial credit.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2021, 11:34 AM   #1236
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Audi E-Tron GT

https://www.theverge.com/2021/2/9/22...ar-specs-price

I still think I'd rather own the Taycan but the Audi looks great to me too.
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2021, 11:55 AM   #1237
Bankai
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Audi E-Tron GT

https://www.theverge.com/2021/2/9/22...ar-specs-price

I still think I'd rather own the Taycan but the Audi looks great to me too.

That's beautiful.

Too bad I can't afford one.
Bankai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 12:56 PM   #1238
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Noice!

Although I too still prefer the Taycan's looks, which are more timeless and clean. The back of this is nice, but the front is needlessly busy (electric cars don't need a grille...fake or otherwise).
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 01:01 PM   #1239
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I actually think this looks better than the Taycan. I just can't get over those vertical fake vent looking things at the end of the headlights that look like tears. This looks just like any Audi which is a good thing if you like Audis.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 02:11 PM   #1240
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can anyone recommend a good collision repair shop for Toyota/Lexus? Had a hit-and-run into my parked Landcruiser this morning (but we found the guy), and need to take it in for some estimates. Mostly cosmetic from what I can tell, but you never know.
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote