Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2013, 01:37 PM   #1061
mykalberta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Figured I would ask this here, anyone have any experiences with the following ipad case?

"Hipstreet ipad Essentials

mykalberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:40 PM   #1062
mykalberta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oops double post
mykalberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:45 PM   #1063
pylon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathji View Post
Happens all the time.

While the iPhone is certainly smaller, it also means I can hit the buttons on it without holding my phone with 2 hands, or risk dropping it due to shifting my grip.

There is only 1 thing I do on my phone that is the least bit impacted by having a different sized screen, and that is web browsing. It isn't enough to forever steer me away from a smaller phone though.
That is exactly why I didn't upgrade to an iPhone 5. I think the 4/4s is the ideal size, plus i love the heft of the phone. There isn't a pocket you can't accommodate it in, plus the phone wears incredibly well. My 4s looks newer than any of the 5's in the office here. It cold pass for brand new. Also, I cannot stand how light the new phone is. It feels like a toy. A common complaint among the people around here that upgraded... that and the fact they look like ass after a couple months.

I laugh when I see guys holding their notes/SIII's to their face. Looks like they are talking into a clipboard.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:13 AM   #1064
Bertuzzied
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
That is exactly why I didn't upgrade to an iPhone 5. I think the 4/4s is the ideal size, plus i love the heft of the phone. There isn't a pocket you can't accommodate it in, plus the phone wears incredibly well. My 4s looks newer than any of the 5's in the office here. It cold pass for brand new. Also, I cannot stand how light the new phone is. It feels like a toy. A common complaint among the people around here that upgraded... that and the fact they look like ass after a couple months.

I laugh when I see guys holding their notes/SIII's to their face. Looks like they are talking into a clipboard.
Put an iphone 4 and s3 back to back. It's not that much bigger. and the s3 is lighter.
Bertuzzied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:51 AM   #1065
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertuzzied View Post
Put an iphone 4 and s3 back to back. It's not that much bigger. and the s3 is lighter.
An Iphone 4 with lifeproof case is still smaller then the S3
fundmark19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:26 AM   #1066
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
The iPhone 4/s is the perfect weight, perfect height and the perfect form factor. Anyone who has anything different is laughed at. Shockingly he owns the one that's perfect.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:53 AM   #1067
Bertuzzied
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundmark19 View Post
An Iphone 4 with lifeproof case is still smaller then the S3
yeah but not that much smaller. go and put them together back to back. the s3 is lighter and thinner and a 1.3" bigger screen!
Old 01-11-2013, 09:39 AM   #1068
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

The S3 does have a much better ratio of screen to phone size ratio, that's for sure.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:01 AM   #1069
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
yeah but not that much smaller. go and put them together back to back. the s3 is lighter and thinner and a 1.3" bigger screen!

I have considering how bulky the lifeproof case is it is still to big for my liking. I have played with them quite a bit and I can't get over how large it is regardless that it weighs less. I phone would be perfect if they can get rid of the black edges on the phone and just have a screen that goes everywhere. IMO that is the perfect size to screen ratio!

Like these
Spoiler!
fundmark19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:38 PM   #1070
pylon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
The iPhone 4/s is the perfect weight, perfect height and the perfect form factor. Anyone who has anything different is laughed at. Shockingly he owns the one that's perfect.
It is my opinion. The phone works for me, and I have no use for a phone that big every day. I wear a suit everyday, and a smaller phone tucks very nicely in the inside pocket. And it is much easier to manage when you are using it as a musing player at the gym, riding a bike.. whatever.

I carry a Nexus 7 tablet in my glovebox that I double as a GPS/media centre in my car, or when I need something bigger. I am trying a Lumia 920 for my 2nd line right now, and that is a fantastic device, just light on the apps. So don't paint me as an Apple fan boy. They make awesome devices, and IMO the best quality devices, but I can still think of a million reason why I could jump ship from Apple right now. But considering I am $200+ deep in Apps, I am sticking with iOS for now as my daily use phone.

I know you love to try and rustle up crap, and start anti-iOS flame wars at every chance, but that is not the case here. I can get why some people need 1 bigger device, and I can understand why some people don't. I just think it looks hilarious when people are holding these giant new monitors to their face when they are taking a call. That is an opinion. I also think Ostriches look funny when they run, that is also an opinion.

But seriously, the backhanded jabs and insults from you are getting tiresome. If you have something a-holish to say to me, PM me. I know you think it makes you look cool and edgy to constantly insult the posters you don't like on here, but it just makes you look like an a-hole. And not in the funny a-hole way. I don't know what your deal is, I have never singled you out. But you need to get over whatever problem you have with me is.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pylon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2013, 01:13 AM   #1071
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

haha, I actually like you, always have, don't know why you would think I don't. Too sensitive?

I just love a good pylon rant.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:56 PM   #1072
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
What's so shocking about it? If you found the perfect device for you why wouldn't you buy it?

I wouldn't turn around and say "oh man the Honda Civic is the right size, right fuel efficiency, right safety rating, right amount of truck space, it's the perfect car, I'm buying a Carolla!" Now that makes no sense.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:45 PM   #1073
SHOGUN
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Just purchased an brand new iPhone 4 for 200 bucks. Any advice for a new Apple user?

Honestly, I've always been Anti-Apple due to my bad experience with iPods... but man the iPhone 4 is one beautiful piece of technology... comparing this phone to my father's Galaxy SII, I much prefer the iPhone 4.
SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:33 PM   #1074
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOGUN View Post
Any advice for a new Apple user?
Check out the Must Have Apps thread for the most useful things you can get for the phone.
http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=60785
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:22 PM   #1075
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathji View Post
Happens all the time.

While the iPhone is certainly smaller, it also means I can hit the buttons on it without holding my phone with 2 hands, or risk dropping it due to shifting my grip.

There is only 1 thing I do on my phone that is the least bit impacted by having a different sized screen, and that is web browsing. It isn't enough to forever steer me away from a smaller phone though.
Yeah, I went from three iPhones to an S3. I have freakishly large hands so I never need to use two hands on the phone, but it doesn't mean I'll have a bigger screen forever. I could go either way, to be honest. Apple didn't change the iPhone enough for me to want to stay on board over the last few generations, which is why I went to Android. I don't think I could ever go back to iOS as I much prefer Android, but I could see myself getting a smaller phone next time just to shake it up. I actually hope phones get cheap enough one day so I could have a couple at any given time and change every few days/weeks just because I like change for this type of thing.

Quote:
haha, I actually like you, always have, don't know why you would think I don't. Too sensitive?

I just love a good pylon rant.
He is sensitive, so why push his buttons? At least throw an emoticon in there or something so he knows you're being playful if that was actually the case.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2013, 06:40 PM   #1076
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

http://www.t3.com/news/iphone-5-sale...-than-expected

Quote:
Apple has reportedly cut back on ordering more component parts for iPhone 5 handsets, due to 'weaker than expected sales'
The Following User Says Thank You to MrMastodonFarm For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2013, 07:14 PM   #1077
sclitheroe
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Meh:
http://bgr.com/2013/01/14/iphone-5-a...t-cuts-291307/

Those numbers were based on wild ass guesses. Apple is also in their mandatory quiet period leading up to their quarterly performance report, so they can't respond. Smells like an attempt to manipulate the market by spreading rumors, and it's certainly not the first time its been done.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:42 PM   #1078
pylon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Don't know where to put this, so I will put it here.

Will a Rogers 3Gs work with Telus if unlocked?

Something is telling me they weren't cross compatible until the iPhone 4.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:44 PM   #1079
Bertuzzied
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
Don't know where to put this, so I will put it here.

Will a Rogers 3Gs work with Telus if unlocked?

Something is telling me they weren't cross compatible until the iPhone 4.
Even the iphone 4 and 5 is locked to the carrier. The only ones that worked across all companies were the unlocked 4 and 4s that you had to buy from the apple store.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:47 PM   #1080
pylon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

But when I call Rogers to unlock the phone (which I do with my phones for US sim cards) that still wouldn't allow me to sell it to someone on Telus?

edit: I had to Jailbreak an old 4 for Verizon, that won't work for the guy who wants it.

Last edited by pylon; 01-23-2013 at 05:51 PM.