Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2013, 02:40 PM   #1061
jeffman
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
A agree to a point that you can tinker too much but I think too many of you are looking too deep when the answers have been apparent for a few years now. Being on fire to end the regular season has no real correlation to winning in the playoffs or the Capitals would still be in the thick of things. Playoffs is a completely different season. This Penguins team has won more playoff series with Morrow and Iginla (2) than they did the last three years combined (1) without them. Remember Morrow and Iginla weren't part of last year's first round debacle. IMO this falls on the coach and key players like Crosby, Malking, and Letang simply getting outplayed by Chara, Bergeron, and Krejci, etc.
Agreed, Nothing will change in Pitsburgh until the core players(Sid, Malkin,Neal,Letang, Kunitz) make a committment to playing a more complete game rather than running and gunning to rack up their points. That style just bounces off a team like the Bruins
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:58 PM   #1062
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodooman View Post
I'd bet anything that the buyout paperwork is done and will be filed about 30 seconds after the window opens. He's got 2 more years at $5.75 left, and the cap hit is less than $2 million for 4 years.

The Pens have no other option. They can't afford to keep someone around who absolutely no one has any faith in. Maybe a fresh start helps him turn it around, but he's done in Pittsburgh.
You'd think they'd explore trade options before buying him out. Probably at the draft.
Flames Draft Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:03 PM   #1063
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher View Post
You'd think they'd explore trade options before buying him out. Probably at the draft.
Didnt you hear him? A buyout is the only option!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:05 PM   #1064
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

i just had to post that my man-crush on Kreci continues.

based on his past playoff play, if i'm going into the playoffs, have to consider him the best Center in the league come post season.
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:16 PM   #1065
Rudee
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

All the Bruins have to do to win the game is score first. This always throws the Penguins off their game, causing them to collapse.
Rudee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:35 PM   #1066
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudee View Post
All the Bruins have to do to win the game is score first. This always throws the Penguins off their game, causing them to collapse.
Wow. This is the first time I've seen you make a post that didn't bash Iginla. Good work!
Old 06-05-2013, 05:36 PM   #1067
gargamel
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Pittsburgh would obviously prefer to score first, but their opponents have gotten the first goal in 3 of the Penguins 8 wins in this postseason so far.
gargamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:38 PM   #1068
Rudee
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhettzky View Post
Wow. This is the first time I've seen you make a post that didn't bash Iginla. Good work!
Let's hope Iginla spends more time on his skates this game, than laying on the ice like he did last game.
Rudee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:40 PM   #1069
gargamel
First Line Centre

Exp:

Iginla is on the right wing tonight. Hopefully he does something with the opportunity.

Edit: Reports are that it's on the 3rd line with Bennett and Sutter. If true, he really did pick the wrong team. Not because the Bruins are better, but because Bylsma is clueless.

Last edited by gargamel; 06-05-2013 at 05:49 PM.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:47 PM   #1070
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Let's hope Iginla spends more time on his skates this game, than laying on the ice like he did last game.
He would do well to be physically engaged. He looks even weaker than the last season with the Flames. He flubbed on that one puck in front of the partially open net because he was outmuscled on the play.

Obviously the bigger guns have to step up too, or this series will be over in four.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:54 PM   #1071
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargamel View Post
Iginla is on the right wing tonight. Hopefully he does something with the opportunity.

Edit: Reports are that it's on the 3rd line with Bennett and Sutter. If true, he really did pick the wrong team. Not because the Bruins are better, but because Bylsma is clueless.
No he isnt. Iginla is not earning 1st line icetime. I know he took it for granted in Calgary, but Iginla has not been playing well, this is a coach telling his player to earn it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
He would do well to be physically engaged. He looks even weaker than the last season with the Flames. He flubbed on that one puck in front of the partially open net because he was outmuscled on the play.

Obviously the bigger guns have to step up too, or this series will be over in four.
I was noticing this too, hes getting his stick lifted, hes getting moved too easily and hes getting outmuscled and outworked.

He is too used to being on the periphery of the play while other guys do the hard work digging the puck out of the corner to him and he calmly snaps it in. You're exactly right, hes not physically engaged, but he isnt mentally engaged either, he looks like he doesnt know where hes supposed to be.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:55 PM   #1072
gargamel
First Line Centre

Exp:

Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins 2m
Tonight's #Pens lines: Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis, Cooke-Malkin-Neal, Bennett-Sutter-Iginla, Morrow-Vitale-Adams.

What a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
No he isnt. Iginla is not earning 1st line icetime. I know he took it for granted in Calgary, but Iginla has not been playing well, this is a coach telling his player to earn it.
Nope. This is a coach telling a guy who isn't "his player" to earn it, while Malkin, Neal, Kunitz and Crosby continue to get top 6 minutes and 1st unit power play time despite being as bad or worse than Iginla. Even Flash, who is far from an Iginla apologist, noticed that the majority of the Penguins offensive chances came off of Iginla's stick in game 2. Iginla hasn't stepped up, but there's no way that he deserves a demotion more than the other guys on the top 2 lines.

Last edited by gargamel; 06-05-2013 at 06:03 PM.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:57 PM   #1073
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'd have to agree with Locke....Iggy has to earn it.

Third line sounds about right at this time; maybe it will force him to play grittier, who knows.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:57 PM   #1074
kyuss275
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Tonight's #Pens lines: Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis, Cooke-Malkin-Neal, Bennett-Sutter-Iginla, Morrow-Vitale-Adams.

What a joke.

Why is that a joke? The first 2 lines is what worked during the season. Iggy with Sutter will be better for Iggy's lack of speed. The only difference i would make is putting Morrow with Sutter and Iggy.
kyuss275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:05 PM   #1075
Major Major
First Line Centre

Exp:

Another great montage. And then the game of thrones theme song playing in the background at TD... Love it
Major Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:12 PM   #1076
Kaine
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:

What a joke.

Nope. This is a coach telling a guy who isn't "his player" to earn it, while Malkin, Neal, Kunitz and Crosby continue to get top 6 minutes and 1st unit power play time despite being as bad or worse than Iginla. Even Flash, who is far from an Iginla apologist, noticed that the majority of the Penguins offensive chances came off of Iginla's stick in game 2. Iginla hasn't stepped up, but there's no way that he deserves a demotion more than the other guys on the top 2 lines.
Iginla has been downright awful this series, nothing wrong with starting him on the third line and making him earn more ice time because he sure hasn't so far.
Kaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:16 PM   #1077
bluloc
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaine View Post
Iginla has been downright awful this series, nothing wrong with starting him on the third line and making him earn more ice time because he sure hasn't so far.
Its crazy to see how much his game has dropped off. I guess maybe he took the calgary country club years for granted.
bluloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:18 PM   #1078
Dx54
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

And just like that.. 1-0 Bruins.
Dx54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:19 PM   #1079
RedMileDJ
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Bruins will sweep this series.

Sorry Jarome...you picked the wrong team.
RedMileDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:19 PM   #1080
Stay Golden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Krejci sneeks the first goal in 1-0