Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2024, 09:24 PM   #4201
CalgaryFan1988
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd liner View Post
Silovs should have had that Hymen goal. Bad one.

Tocchet just said no Demko in game 7.
Casey Desmith?
CalgaryFan1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 09:25 PM   #4202
Igottago
Franchise Player

Exp:

Canucks should be much better at home. Could go either way but it wouldn't surprise me if the Canucks win pretty easily in game 7. Skinner is still not good.

"I was like Christ, lying on my back, with my arms outstretched, crucified"
-- Frank Musil - Early January 1994
Igottago is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Igottago For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2024, 09:26 PM   #4203
Flames Fan, Ph.D.
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Huge 2006 Flames game 7 vibes from the Canucks there.
Flames Fan, Ph.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 09:31 PM   #4204
3rd liner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igottago View Post
Canucks should be much better at home. Could go either way but it wouldn't surprise me if the Canucks win pretty easily in game 7. Skinner is still not good.
Yeah I really don't know- could go either way. Home team seems to have the advantage, so that's good. But both teams have shown streaks of awfulness.
3rd liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 09:34 PM   #4205
3rd liner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryFan1988 View Post
Casey Desmith?
Canucks have to stick with Silovs. DeSmith coming in cold.
Old 05-18-2024, 09:35 PM   #4206
Igottago
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah I really don't know- could go either way. Home team seems to have the advantage, so that's good. But both teams have shown streaks of awfulness.
Both teams are awful. The good thing is one of these clubs will be out on Monday. Dallas will take out the remaining trash.

"I was like Christ, lying on my back, with my arms outstretched, crucified"
-- Frank Musil - Early January 1994
Igottago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 09:36 PM   #4207
3rd liner
First Line Centre

Exp:

These dumb media questions. Somebody asked McGoldenchild if they felt a game like this was coming, where they'd break out with a bunch of goals instead of the close games. He didn't take the bait and played it down. What an asinine question. What is a player supposed to say? "Yeah, I knew we'd beat them badly".
Old 05-18-2024, 09:38 PM   #4208
3rd liner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Skinner 14 saves on the night. Lol. Way to go buddy. Leah Hextall interviewing him. I'd love if she asked him how he felt about his 14 saves.
Old 05-18-2024, 09:40 PM   #4209
butterfly
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Skinner 14 saves on the night. Lol
The only way this could be funnier is if he only saved 11.
butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 10:02 PM   #4210
keenan87
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Skinner 14 saves on the night. Lol. Way to go buddy. Leah Hextall interviewing him. I'd love if she asked him how he felt about his 14 saves.
I don't get statements like this and I hate the Oilers too.

What is he supposed to say?

"Yeah, I wish they had more shots. I am a bad goalie and they could have crushed me tonight with a few more shots"

Or is he supposed to go and shoot on himself?
keenan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 10:08 PM   #4211
3rd liner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan87 View Post
I don't get statements like this and I hate the Oilers too.

What is he supposed to say?

"Yeah, I wish they had more shots. I am a bad goalie and they could have crushed me tonight with a few more shots"

Or is he supposed to go and shoot on himself?
It’s all the SM media shills praising him for his glorious comeback and his ‘mental resilience’. He didn’t do ****. That’s what angers me.
The Following User Says Thank You to 3rd liner For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2024, 10:09 PM   #4212
timbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Canucks win in 7.

Anyone wanna bet?
timbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 10:14 PM   #4213
CsInMyBlood
Franchise Player

Location: F*** me. We're so f***ing good, you check the f***ing standings? Lets f***ing go! F***ing practice!
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbit View Post
Canucks win in 7.

Anyone wanna bet?
I'd never bet on either of these teams to win anything.

Backlund for Selke 2017 2018
Oilers suck.
CsInMyBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CsInMyBlood For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2024, 10:17 PM   #4214
chummer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbit View Post
Canucks win in 7.

Anyone wanna bet?
They'll win and lose to Dallas.
chummer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chummer For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2024, 10:38 PM   #4215
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

If I'm being totally honest I think the Oilers are probably going to win. If the Canucks had made this a tough, close, hard fought game and still lost so that the Oilers' big guns had to empty the tank, I'd think otherwise, but it was a cruise. I suspect game 7 will be much the same - the Canucks will put up more of a fight but unless they get a lead early I suspect it'll be a 4-1, 5-2 sort of game. And then we just have to hope Dallas can come through.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 10:54 PM   #4216
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fan, Ph.D. View Post
Huge 2006 Flames game 7 vibes from the Canucks there.
For like the 5th time this playoffs
Old 05-18-2024, 10:59 PM   #4217
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

If the Canucks were going to lose game 6 then you wanted it to be in an absolute stinker.

Because it means they'll be embarrassed, get chewed out, and the top players will be more diligent going into game 7 with a home crowd behind them.

The pendulum can continue to swing and that's just fine.

Canucks winning game 5 was the most important part because it would mean they held serve at home in the best of 3. Didn't expect them to win tonight, I put chances at about 40-60.

Oilers were going to shoot their big McPP load and get high on themselves like the won the series.

And now the Canucks will just go out and do what they need to do in game 7 at home.
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 11:01 PM   #4218
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

My concern about Dallas is they don't have the high end talent to compete with Edmonton. They have far more depth than Edmonton, but nobody that really blows us away with their skill level. Heiskanen and Oettinger are great players, Robertson has shown signs of becoming elite, and Johnston has had a great playoffs... but they are nowhere near the level of McDrai.

Tanev and Hintz are also banged up. Part of me felt they were the weakest of the four teams on the other side of playoffs. They play an efficient game of hockey, but do they have the horses to keep up with Edmonton?

Edmonton has had the easiest path thus far, and avoiding Vegas in the first round benefited them greatly. I think Dallas is a slight favourite having home ice advantage, but it should be another 6/7 game series :/

Hopefully Vancouver gets the job done on home ice in game seven, but given their long history of disappointment and failure, I kind of doubt it. The hockey gods really hate us this year.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 11:03 PM   #4219
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackercowe View Post
My concern about Dallas is they don't have the high end talent to compete with Edmonton. They have far more depth than Edmonton, but nobody that really blows us away with their skill level. Heiskanen and Oettinger are great players, Robertson has shown signs of becoming elite, and Johnston has had a great playoffs... but they are nowhere near the level of McDrai.

Tanev and Hintz are also banged up. Part of me felt they were the weakest of the four teams on the other side of playoffs. They play an efficient game of hockey, but do they have the horses to keep up with Edmonton?

Edmonton has had the easiest path thus far, and avoiding Vegas in the first round benefited them greatly. I think Dallas is a slight favourite having home ice advantage, but it should be another 6/7 game series :/

Hopefully Vancouver gets the job done on home ice in game seven, but given their long history of disappointment and failure, I kind of doubt it. The hockey gods really hate us this year.
They just dealt with a better Edmonton in Colorado.

It'll be fine. And it'll probably be the canucks, so it's all moot.
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 11:08 PM   #4220
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackercowe View Post

Dallas's defense and goaltending is so far ahead, it's almost a different species.