Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2024, 11:06 AM   #2321
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreal View Post
It was. Hopefully they look back at game 2.

It's funny because when the Oilers were playing the Flames, there was a missed call on the ice, so McDavid put up his hand like he was a referee and when play stopped, went and talked to them. Then the refs did a video review and assessed the Flames with a penalty.

In this case, Hughes was obviously bleeding so something must have happened, but not no video review. I guess teams these days need a designated whiner who can manipulate the refs.
Old 05-13-2024, 11:07 AM   #2322
Zary's-Mustache
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Pretty sure nobody who knows Anna Kane was wondering if that is real. She is a certified wacko.
Zary's-Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 11:08 AM   #2323
CsInMyBlood
Franchise Player

Location: F*** me. We're so f***ing good, you check the f***ing standings? Lets f***ing go! F***ing practice!
Exp:

This is all going the way I was hoping.

Cheap shots, chippy play, crosschecks to the head, high stick work, crosschecks to the back, trying to kick guys in the face, slewfootings, players crying to refs, fans crying to the internet.

Need 7 games of this so the winner is gimped and broken for the glorious round 3 hammerfisting.

Hope there are no suspensions so next game the cheap #### can ramp up and continue.

Lets go!

Kill each other.

The Canucks and Oilers suck.

Backlund for Selke 2017 2018
Oilers suck.
CsInMyBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CsInMyBlood For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2024, 11:08 AM   #2324
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well I hope Soucy learned his lesson here. That lesson is to two handed slash back.

As for the frustrated and petulant little boy, no, the puck didn’t go in. That’s not the way to address your emotions by two handing the nearest player. As the internet memes say, he F around and found out.

Canucks should be all over the Hyman cross check to the head.

As for terry jones, I thought that he had retired and that the oilers had blocked his pass to the game day buffet? That tweet likely buys him another week of unhindered feeding.
Old 05-13-2024, 11:18 AM   #2325
wretched34
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Was going to mention this as well. All the attention on Soucy, who only got McDummy in the face because he was falling (hands were never above his shoulders, was clearly pushing out towards upper chest/shoulders), while Hyman came back into the scrum, stick up deliberately at Zadorov's head(stick and hands above his own head leaning into it).

Be pretty blatant bias if the only thing to come of this is a Zadorov fine and Soucy suspension.
McDavid is worthy of a fine for the two handed swing at Soucy, and Hyman should get just as long as Soucy if they're suspending for crosschecks above the shoulders.
wretched34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 11:19 AM   #2326
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Seems like the NHL has decided that they need to go full WWE.
D as in David is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to D as in David For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2024, 11:24 AM   #2327
Matty81
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

It is insane the extent to which the Canadian national media and league are siding with the Oilers in this series. McDavid starts a fight he has no intent of finishing in the dirtiest way possible hitting his opponent with a two hander, opponent tries to cross check him the the chest back and he flops with the push and gets hit in the face - clearly unintentionally and it's a potential suspension somehow?

And as has been pointed out with the number of random spearing and stick infractions that have occurred to cherry pick this one out is such a joke
Matty81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 11:30 AM   #2328
CSharp
Franchise Player

Exp:

With the way Lindholm and Big Z is having a huge impact for the Canucks in the playoffs, I'm wondering if Flames got enough from the Canucks. Certainly, not for the Zadorov trade. Lindholm is a McDavid killer in faceoffs! And did I say he was totally underrated? He'll earn his worth regardless of how far the Canucks go in this playoff run.
CSharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 11:39 AM   #2329
chedder
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSharp View Post
With the way Lindholm and Big Z is having a huge impact for the Canucks in the playoffs, I'm wondering if Flames got enough from the Canucks. Certainly, not for the Zadorov trade. Lindholm is a McDavid killer in faceoffs! And did I say he was totally underrated? He'll earn his worth regardless of how far the Canucks go in this playoff run.
Lindholm wanted out so bad he practically decided to stop playing. And the Flames weren't going to re-sign big Z so they had to get something for him.

The return for Lindholm was still a very good haul.
chedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 11:40 AM   #2330
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Have to give credit where it's due. Conner is the greatest diver to ever play the game. The way he crumpled from that Zadorov cross check is legendary.
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 11:40 AM   #2331
Ashartus
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Nah, I'd have given them away for free if it leads to the Oilers losing.
Ashartus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 11:41 AM   #2332
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Soucy probably too good for the McDavid “Brandon Manning” treatment.

Remember the flyers player who hit McDavid? And then the oilers traded for him and buried him in the minors and then he had to go to Europe?

Soucy wouldn’t clear waivers so he’s protected a bit.

On duha, I had to check that I was still reading under his byline when I first read the article. IMO, he missed the fact that the entire incident was caused by McDavid. It’s not like him to not balance cause and effect, especially the speed and split seconds of this incident. McDavid was the aggressor to start things.
Old 05-13-2024, 11:41 AM   #2333
Jiggy_12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Doesn't matter what Lindholm does this year. Nothing makes it less of a win for the Flames.

However both teams can win a trade. If Lindholm is a core piece and they win the cup, I'd say the Nucks won too.

Lindy was gone regardless and we got a good haul for him.
Jiggy_12 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jiggy_12 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2024, 11:41 AM   #2334
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

r/hockey is also carrying water for the oilers as they usually do, anything posted that looks badly on the oilers is deleted by the mods and quickly. For example they deleted Terry Jones’ ridiculous tweet within minutes.

Spoiler!

Last edited by PaperBagger'14; 05-13-2024 at 11:43 AM.
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 11:42 AM   #2335
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
haha, Lindholm wanted 8x9
He wasn't exactly a McDavid killer a couple years back

Flames got an amazing return...when they get pounded next round and he leaves we can revisit this conversation as the Flames will still have all the assets
Old 05-13-2024, 11:56 AM   #2336
Ba'alzamon
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Just going to point out, again, that Kuzmenko--the third most valuable piece the flames received in return--still has more points since the trade than Lindholm does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggy_12 View Post
Doesn't matter what Lindholm does this year. Nothing makes it less of a win for the Flames.

However both teams can win a trade. If Lindholm is a core piece and they win the cup, I'd say the Nucks won too.

Lindy was gone regardless and we got a good haul for him.
correct. There doesn't have to be a winner and a loser. It's possible for both teams to do well in a transaction.
Ba'alzamon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 12:03 PM   #2337
howard_the_duck
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
haha, Lindholm wanted 8x9
He wasn't exactly a McDavid killer a couple years back

Flames got an amazing return...when they get pounded next round and he leaves we can revisit this conversation as the Flames will still have all the assets
Far from a foregone they get through this round. I'd still lean Oilers in this series given how they've started to carry the play.
howard_the_duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 12:03 PM   #2338
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

I don't think the Canucks have to win a cup to feel like the Lindholm trade as a good one. He's playing an important role on a good run.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blaster86 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2024, 12:05 PM   #2339
Tbull8
First Line Centre

Exp:

Any word on when we might get the result of the hearing? Reallllllly hoping its a "dont do this again or it will be multiple games, here's a fine" but fully expecting 1-2 games because Mcdavid
Tbull8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 12:07 PM   #2340
HighLifeMan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Lindholm has scored some big goals and has certainly made an impact, but he's also getting thoroughly outplayed at five on five. For example, he's been out chanced 59-37, and outshot 60-39. He's riding some very fortunate luck at the moment. Nobody should have an issue with the return on that deal. It was a slamdunk win for Conroy regardless of the outcome for the Canucks.

Zadorov on the other hand is going down as arguably the best trade of the season considering the acquisition cost, and multifaceted ways he's impacted games to date in the playoffs. He's playing at at an incredibly high level right now. Unfortunately Z and his agent forced Conroy's hand and it certainly limited the return we got back. He's trending to get massively overpaid moving forward from some team as a UFA.
HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote