Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2024, 09:04 AM   #61
memphusk
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow. This is great. The largest hurt feelings report I have ever read. Hahahaahah
Old 03-01-2024, 09:04 AM   #62
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
I think it's more than a few but yeah a small percentage.

But we've also heard of people that just give up passing along information that they can't 100% validate for fear of being slammed.

Not a good look.

It's easy ... put them on ignore so you don't have to see it.
CP used to have mods ask for validation of sources. I don’t really care one way or another - none of the info posted here is life or death. But I imagine there was a reason you used to do that. What changed?

And “being slammed” is an exaggeration. On a forum where jeering personal attacks happen every day, it seems odd to call out a handful of people rolling their eyes at rumours as beyond the pale.

Last edited by CliffFletcher; 03-01-2024 at 09:08 AM.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 09:05 AM   #63
keenan87
Franchise Player

Exp:

Please don't make negative comments about Sec214. It is going to lead to them telling everyone how they are no longer going to post rumors. Then, the next 100 posts will involve people convincing them to stay.

Then, Sec214 will post a gif and everyone is happy again before someone else criticizes them. Its a rinse and repeat pattern and all the posts are just whining. Whether on one side of the fence or other (myself included).

I do like the idea of a new thread for Sec214 to post gifs that folks can decipher.
keenan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 09:05 AM   #64
memphusk
Franchise Player

Exp:

And I would put a gif in but I'm old and really don't care to learn how.
Old 03-01-2024, 09:05 AM   #65
cam_calderon
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
I don’t know if being 99% full of the worst trade proposals you’ve ever seen is what most adults would call a thread’s “former glory.”
Still miles better than reddit, HF, or any other online discussion I've come across for potential trades.
Old 03-01-2024, 09:06 AM   #66
Jiggy_12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Trade speculation on the internet is very serious business. can't have too much fun
Jiggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jiggy_12 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2024, 09:07 AM   #67
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Yeah but people are going to be people Bingo. Forums are a better place when you come to the realization that different people have different opinions and that you are going to disagree with a lot of them and that's just not on this topic but other ones as well. When the Flames make a trade it doesn't take long for some posters to start attacking posters that may have a negative take on the return. If a fan has a negative take why should they not be able to post it? I just don't understand why some people want forums turned into echo chambers were everyone shares the same opinions as differing opinions is what makes forums interesting and drives discussion. It's the attacks, non-moderator policing, and the glass half full vs glass half empty eternal arguments that bring everything down.
Who's saying anything about being negative or not agreeing on everything?

Not me.

I'm saying mocking and belittling someone because you feel their information is bogus (while really just letting your jealousy consume you) is bad for the site and will be leaned on.
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2024, 09:09 AM   #68
cam_calderon
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I don't have the stats in front of me, but has Sec called the Lindholm, Zadorov or Tanev trades? Has anyone ever verified where this info is coming from? Because if not, and you're advertising yourself as credible, you've only got your word behind that.

Last edited by cam_calderon; 03-01-2024 at 09:12 AM.
cam_calderon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 09:11 AM   #69
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Leslie had the Tanev trade first. No one on CP did FWIW
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 09:11 AM   #70
keenan87
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_calderon View Post
I don't have the stats in front of me, but has Sec called the Lindholm, Zadorov or Tanev trades?
Or Huska as coach.. or why Dube left .. or Backlund as captain .. or Toffoli trade.. or Kylington coming back

I am not criticizing, honestly just asking. Give me something (anything) so we can defend Sec214 with confidence
Old 03-01-2024, 09:16 AM   #71
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
I don’t know if being 99% full of the worst trade proposals you’ve ever seen is what most adults would call a thread’s “former glory.”
The trade rumor thread has to be the worst thread. Which I why we love it.

I guess I could understand why people day dreaming about being a GM would be frustrated when their trade proposals are met with "but sec said, or diss said" instead of being just saying their deal sounds stupid.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 09:18 AM   #72
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan87 View Post
Or Huska as coach.. or why Dube left .. or Backlund as captain .. or Toffoli trade.. or Kylington coming back

I am not criticizing, honestly just asking. Give me something (anything) so we can defend Sec214 with confidence
I don't know why I'm wading into this, but here goes. I've had some definitive inside info on things in the past. I debated posting it here and didn't (plenty of reasons why not), but let's just say it was about a big deal and my "source" is someone who you would all recognize if I posted their name.

Thing is, the deal fell through. There are a million moving parts, even in the super straight forward trades and free agent signings. You could be talking to Conroy himself and think something is a sure-thing and then something happens to scuttle it. Remember when Iginla was definitely going to Boston?

I don't really understand why people would pile on guys posting what they know here.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2024, 09:21 AM   #73
All In Good Time
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I don't know why I'm wading into this, but here goes. I've had some definitive inside info on things in the past. I debated posting it here and didn't (plenty of reasons why not), but let's just say it was about a big deal and my "source" is someone who you would all recognize if I posted their name.

Thing is, the deal fell through. There are a million moving parts, even in the super straight forward trades and free agent signings. You could be talking to Conroy himself and think something is a sure-thing and then something happens to scuttle it. Remember when Iginla was definitely going to Boston?

I don't really understand why people would pile on guys posting what they know here.
or
something much more recent, the Gaudreau situation
Its not done till its done and rumors and speculation are just that, rumors and speculation
All In Good Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 09:21 AM   #74
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I don't have the stats in front of me, but has Sec called the Lindholm, Zadorov or Tanev trades? Has anyone ever verified where this info is coming from? Because if not, and you're advertising yourself as credible, you've only got your word behind that.

Well, one of them has been demonstrably wrong on basically every move the flames have made since pre Gaudreau departure, dube included. Sometimes saying the exact inverse of what actually happens. Yet people are still worshipping.

The credibility is meaningless.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 09:22 AM   #75
keenan87
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post

That's completely fair and understandable. However, 0% accuracy on anything that HAS happened could also be interesting. Especially from someone who posts rumors so frequently.

Maybe Sec214 only shares about details from transactions that have already fallen apart. They have their sources but not willing to lose their job or sources for a bunch of random Internet folks.
Old 03-01-2024, 09:22 AM   #76
PuckSlap
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan87 View Post

I think Zadorov

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk
PuckSlap is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PuckSlap For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2024, 09:23 AM   #77
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
No, no, no. Don't criticise Sec214, he's a god around here.
.[/QUOTE]

You are an example of someone who should put him on ignore instead of posting this trash.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2024, 09:24 AM   #78
keenan87
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckSlap View Post
I think Zadorov

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk
Great, that's enough for me.
Old 03-01-2024, 09:28 AM   #79
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
The trade rumor thread has to be the worst thread. Which I why we love it.

I guess I could understand why people day dreaming about being a GM would be frustrated when their trade proposals are met with "but sec said, or diss said" instead of being just saying their deal sounds stupid.
Totally. It’s a usesless train wreck. Always has been, always will be. Before what a few sniveling “pick me” types have turned into “Gif Gate” it was just waves of off topic, irrelevant nonsense surrounding completely made up fan rumours with a biweekly post saying “so, any ACTUAL rumours?” despite every SINGLE legitimate Flames-related rumour getting it’s own thread, every time.

The idea that it ever represented some bastion of decorum, integrity, or quality is just the next in line of a hilarious run of justifications for people jealous that others get more attention than they do to complain about people posting gifs on the internet.

The gifs, the “insiderrrr” rumours, it’s whatever. It’s the same as made up proposals to me: entertainment. None of it matters. True or not? Doesn’t matter. Impacts literally nothing.

But the constant complaining about it followed by the “omg please don’t stop posting” is a significantly worse development. Because they’re guilty of the worst transgression of all: not being entertaining.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2024, 09:28 AM   #80
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Sec was also the first one to have the Devils coming back to the table before it blew up across North America later in the day.

Honestly people.

Even some of the replies in the last 15 minutes are demonstrative of people that either don't understand, or have to poke at people because ... reasons.

Have had more than one person say they stopped posting rumours because they felt they had to defend things if they didn't happen.

It's not good for the site.

Knock it off.
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote