Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2022, 03:57 PM   #3941
timun
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
There's a trend in frozen fries to basically add a cheap batter to the cheapest shoestring style fry around and call it crispy fries. They also add "ready in 9 minutes" or whatever. They've become super popular.

Who cares about that in the grocery store though, my gear grinder is that sooo many pubs and restaurants have moved away from proper, big pub style fries and just use these gimmicky, "crispy", thin fries, because they're way cheaper and quicker to cook.
I like the thin, crispy ones!
timun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 04:09 PM   #3942
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I've already designed a mini one for Confederation Park! How many bridges have you designed? ZERO!

The summer of the bridge, 2023-2027
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PaperBagger'14 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2022, 08:43 PM   #3943
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Gene Principe’s moustache
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 09:03 PM   #3944
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12 View Post
Gene Principe’s moustache
fixed
Old 12-01-2022, 07:35 AM   #3945
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

It’s December 1 and the Whiskey advent calendar hasn’t even shipped yet.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 09:54 AM   #3946
BlackArcher101
Such a pretty girl!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
It’s December 1 and the Whiskey advent calendar hasn’t even shipped yet.
God help you when it does arrive and you catch up.
Old 12-01-2022, 10:12 AM   #3947
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I know this has been brought up several times in the past but it's still never ceases to amaze how many people drive in the dark with their headlights off. It's almost an everyday occurrence for me on my way to work in the morning. It's getting to the point where headlights need to be full time automatic with the ability to turn them off in the infotainment system as too many people just don't realize why they are struggling.
I dont get it either. I have one car with auto lights and one without. I don't ever forget to turn them on as it's pretty obvious when the dashboard lights aren't on.

Best I can figure is that these people have all LCD screens for the speedometer etc which have at least a little bit of backlight so they dont notice. You would think that cars with that many LCD screens would also have a $5 light sensor to switch on the lights when Lux < x but who knows. I have a SUV that will tell me pretty much everything except when the washer fluid is low.

I thought I did read somewhere that very shortly, there's new legislation that will force cars to have either auto lights or have the taillights on with DRLs if the car doesn't have auto lights.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Barnes For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2022, 10:22 AM   #3948
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
I dont get it either. I have one car with auto lights and one without. I don't ever forget to turn them on as it's pretty obvious when the dashboard lights aren't on.

Best I can figure is that these people have all LCD screens for the speedometer etc which have at least a little bit of backlight so they dont notice. You would think that cars with that many LCD screens would also have a $5 light sensor to switch on the lights when Lux < x but who knows. I have a SUV that will tell me pretty much everything except when the washer fluid is low.

I thought I did read somewhere that very shortly, there's new legislation that will force cars to have either auto lights or have the taillights on with DRLs if the car doesn't have auto lights.
Morons drove with their lights off at night long before LCD screens were around. Some people are just oblivious.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2022, 11:39 AM   #3949
Johnny199r
First Line Centre

Exp:

I fly every week or two on a small regional air carrier for work. Many other people also fly on this airline regularly for work.

Up until 1 month ago, it was general boarding with no assigned seats. You could sit wherever you like, first come, first served.

One guy who looked to be around 30 years old, with no obvious impairment or disability (except for a nice beer gut), would always pre-board with the elderly, people with young children and those in wheelchairs etc.

I suspected this was B.S, because he always just wanted to sit in the first row which would let him deplane first. I was positive this wasnt one of those "but he has an invisible disability, don't judge him"!! situations.

1 month ago, the airline changed to assigned seating. There was no longer any benefit to rushing onto the plane (there are never issues with overhead bin space on these flights).

Magically, he no longer pre-boards. My suspicions were confirmed, he's just a piece of ####.

Last edited by Johnny199r; 12-01-2022 at 12:07 PM.
Johnny199r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 01:09 PM   #3950
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Man, #### businesses that indicate a lead time pre purchase, then change it after they have your money.

Order product that says ready for 15th, great. Next day, nope 4 weeks away.

Order another product, ready for pickup next morning. Nope, maybe in two weeks…after they have charged my card. Wtf.
Old 12-01-2022, 01:34 PM   #3951
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The problem I have with my vehicle is the instrument panel is automatically backlit but the rest of the controls aren't. It's dimmer, but you can still see your speed and stuff, so if you don't happen to look over at the heater controls, it can be easy to miss.

I'm not sure why that was ever considered an acceptable design.
Old 12-01-2022, 01:40 PM   #3952
calf
broke the first rule

Exp:

On all the forms we've submitted to my kid's school, I'm listed as the first contact, mainly because it's faster for me to get in my car at work and get to school. But it shouldn't matter why to the school, but without fail, whenever he has to come home sick, they ignore the form by skipping over my name and call my wife first instead, wasting everyone's time.
calf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to calf For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2022, 07:03 PM   #3953
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
The problem I have with my vehicle is the instrument panel is automatically backlit but the rest of the controls aren't. It's dimmer, but you can still see your speed and stuff, so if you don't happen to look over at the heater controls, it can be easy to miss.

I'm not sure why that was ever considered an acceptable design.
This topic was on my mind the other night driving home and low and behold the vehicle in front of me has no tail lights on (it's dark). As I passed them it was pretty clear the DLR's were on and the dashboard was light up like a Christmas tree too. You still need to know your vehicle but I can see why it's easy to forget to turn them on when every other light on the vehicle is already on. That's design flaw IMHO
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 07:08 PM   #3954
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thankfully there's new laws, as of September last year DRLs include taillights now, and dashboards have to be dark if the headlight switch is off. Obviously only applies to new manufacturing but step in the right direction.

I say get rid of the headlight switch entirely. Car on, lights on. Car off, lights off
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2022, 07:24 PM   #3955
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post

I say get rid of the headlight switch entirely. Car on, lights on. Car off, lights off
How will I stalk people?
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 07:31 PM   #3956
Bankai
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Has Banff always been so expensive? $800/night seem bonkers even during Christmas. Wow.
Bankai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 07:32 PM   #3957
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankai View Post
Has Banff always been so expensive? $800/night seem bonkers even during Christmas. Wow.
It has been getting crazy, but that's something else. What hotel?
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 07:46 PM   #3958
Bankai
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
It has been getting crazy, but that's something else. What hotel?
Rimrock. Quoted 694/night plus fees and taxes totalling 774. 25 more for self parking. Nice hotel but this is for a pretty basic room without a view.
Bankai is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bankai For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2022, 07:53 PM   #3959
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Not surprising. Population visiting the mountains has basically doubled in the last 25 years and resources to service those people have stayed the same.

On the bright side, this is the cheapest it'll ever be again because prices are only going to keep going up.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 07:56 PM   #3960
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Which is again, precisely why another mountain town is needed.

Very, very obviously. Thousands of square Kms or pristine wilderness….

1 small town with restricted growth laws.

Makes sense.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Coffee For This Useful Post: