Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Donald Trump's first 100 days have been a success.
Agree 45 11.00%
Not sure 22 5.38%
Disagree 342 83.62%
Voters: 409. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 12:30 PM   #3701
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Did he really sign it for his wife, like it is a wedding card?
My initial thought was "wow, Melania's writing is so similar to Trump's, what are the odds?" because it never even entered my mind that someone would sign for his wife.

I don't know if thinking that should make me feel dumb or not.
Old 05-23-2017, 12:34 PM   #3702
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

those poll numbers boggle the mind, must be some trolling

Trump hasn't accomplished anything
Old 05-23-2017, 12:36 PM   #3703
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
My initial thought was "wow, Melania's writing is so similar to Trump's, what are the odds?" because it never even entered my mind that someone would sign for his wife.

I don't know if thinking that should make me feel dumb or not.
That was my initial thought, then I realized it must be The Donald. He would never let his wife do something so important.
Old 05-23-2017, 12:52 PM   #3704
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Did she dodge his hand-holding again?

https://twitter.com/DaniellaMicaela/...57615926435841

And this whole Trump being afraid of stairs is dumb. Of course he's afraid of stairs, he's fat. If skinny folks fall down stairs they laugh at how they "took a tumble". But potential energy (and thus the kinetic energy released when falling) goes up with mass...
Old 05-23-2017, 01:05 PM   #3705
calf
broke the first rule

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Did she dodge his hand-holding again?

https://twitter.com/DaniellaMicaela/...57615926435841

And this whole Trump being afraid of stairs is dumb. Of course he's afraid of stairs, he's fat. If skinny folks fall down stairs they laugh at how they "took a tumble". But potential energy (and thus the kinetic energy released when falling) goes up with mass...
He sure showed her with the immediate ass grab.
Old 05-23-2017, 01:06 PM   #3706
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calf View Post
He sure showed her with the immediate ass grab.
Presumably he's forgot were her p**** is
Old 05-23-2017, 01:13 PM   #3707
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Daleks, Cows, Donald Trump.

3 things that cant go down stairs.

Last edited by Barnes; 05-23-2017 at 01:15 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barnes For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2017, 01:14 PM   #3708
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
dem response to Republican budget
Really, what kind of people still support the Republicans, other than the rich?
people who fall for fake news? people who see the provision that able bodied people on food stamps have to work, and ignore everything else? people who are simply, not bright? it's unbelievable any non rich person with even low functioning logic, would support them.
Old 05-23-2017, 01:20 PM   #3709
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
people who fall for fake news? people who see the provision that able bodied people on food stamps have to work, and ignore everything else? people who are simply, not bright? it's unbelievable any non rich person with even low functioning logic, would support them.
People who are brought up thinking that anyone can realize the american dream by working hard.

People brought up idolizing the entrepreneur even if that guy owns a single mediocre performing store.

People that have been raised to believe trickle down economics works...and will discount any science saying it doesn't (or doesn't work nearly as well as it's proponents say it will) as coming from left wing organizations (i.e. evil left wing universities).

People that believe a company will take tax cuts and hire more workers because they have more money to do so.

People who don't understand that companies only hire people if they believe doing so can further increase profits. A company welcomes a tax cut but is only going to re-invest that money if it sees market growth opportunities. It's hard to imagine how getting a tax cut changes the business model.

Now tax cuts to the rich and corporations can have small affect on GDP...but for the 95% the tiny change would take something like half a century to result in a 5% income increase. The only thing it has proven to do is increase wealth inequality.

Last edited by ernie; 05-23-2017 at 01:32 PM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ernie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2017, 01:27 PM   #3710
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Ummmm holy ####. This has to be one of the more ambitious things the Onion has ever put together. Might take a bit of time to parse this one...

http://www.theonion.com/trumpdocuments
This is so amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to PsYcNeT For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2017, 01:34 PM   #3711
HotHotHeat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good podcast on the rise of liberal fake news, Mensch is the main topic of discussion.

http://www.slate.com/articles/podcas..._liberals.html
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HotHotHeat For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2017, 02:20 PM   #3712
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
Its interesting that everytime I see a documentary on the US, whether it would be the affordable housing act (corruption, greed, no oversight), and most recently a netflix doc called Bad Kids, a story of a school in rural Arizona that takes in the kids struggling in normal high school; you see how the policies and agendas of trickle down and the heartless policies of the Paul Ryans of the world are destroying their own country from within.

Its a heartbreaking show, and a glimpse in to a very significant portion of the US today, a segment which is growing fast, poor, drug addicted, one or both parents in prison for drug sentences or minor crime, pregnant teens because of a massive failure in sex education and access for teens to birth control...

I mean the whole US system, the society, the priorities by those who hold power is destroying the society from within, and while all polls asking about free public college, higher taxes on the rich and making corporations pay their fair share of corporate taxes is overwhelming, congress still is voting and pushing for ideological bills and just working for the wealthy, while ignoring what is happening with the sinking ship that is the US middle and lower classes.

I don't know if this Trump presidency will be the spark that ignites a true push back against trickle down economics, the heartless and cruel policies championed by people like Paul Ryan, but I truly doubt it.

I think things will continue to get worse, automation will continue to take away more jobs and anger will continue to rise. All of the modern 1st world is going to deal with this, at least in the EU there is already the starting discussion of universal income, and how we can prepare for the future economy including jobs that automation is far away from taking or unlikely to take.. Could you even imagine that discussion happening in the US, they can't look 1 week ahead let alone decades.

Here's the doc in case anyone was looking for an excellent show to watch.

Last edited by Thor; 05-23-2017 at 06:19 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thor For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2017, 02:51 PM   #3713
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

For the first time ever, a lot of people are watching MSNBC

http://www.avclub.com/article/first-...ocialMarketing

MSNBC just logged its first week ever in the number one spot for both total viewers and the all-important 25-54 demographic, with CNN coming in second and Fox News in third in terms of the aforementioned demographic.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2017, 03:11 PM   #3714
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

The more Fox completely ignores the obvious things and tries to spin them or simply bring up Hillary or Obama the more even some of the hardest to convince get tired of them. I'm sure the way it was run with the sexual harassment/assault cover ups have also made people question pretty much everything that comes out of the mouths of the personalities on the network.

And the ones that want to be hard core Trump-ites are turning to the fake news sources as Fox isn't fake enough for them...err..Fox doesn't confirm their own biases enough anymore.

MSNBC has been winning various time slots for some time now that it was bound to turn into overall victories soon. Glad to see it. They do some good work form both sides of the aisle so to speak (though they clearly have a left lean).

It also tells you where the overall voting demographic is going to start leaning. The current right wing extreme GOP has limited time to destroy the institutions they don't like. The populace is leaning ever more to the center and left.
Old 05-23-2017, 03:30 PM   #3715
HotHotHeat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hahaha. Congress subpoenas Flynn's businesses to get the same documents he just plead the 5th to.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HotHotHeat For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2017, 03:50 PM   #3716
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Regarding the MSNBC ratings vs Fox and such, think a big part of it is Fox is finding out it's much less interesting to defend than it is to attack. For 8 years they could just attack Obama with everything they could think of and their audience ate it up. Now defending Trump (often by just not reporting things fully if at all) is more boring. What have they been doing? Digging up Clinton stuff, running completely false conspiracy theories to attack Democrats, etc. Attacking other media. Trying to find things to attack.

MSNBC meanwhile is discovering that being on offense get eyeballs.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2017, 03:51 PM   #3717
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^ Great point photon.. agreed
Old 05-23-2017, 04:06 PM   #3718
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/20...spiracy/216613

Quote:
IMPORTANT! Mediamatters is trying to silence me, get me fired, pressure my advertising on radio & TV. Liberal Fascism. I need your help!!
Damn I feel bad for Sean Hannity. Media matters pointing out how he pushed a blatantly false conspiracy theory against the wishes of a dead man's family and now won't back off even after his own network retracted the story. Some guys can't catch a break.

Although counterpoint: Sean Hannity is a garbage human and the invisible hand of the market will slap him around and dictate what happens to him so there is that.
Old 05-23-2017, 04:23 PM   #3719
driveway
A Fiddler Crab

Exp:

RE: Melania Trump's signature.

It is definitely her signature, there is a lot of stuff out there about how closely her signature resembles her husband's.

You can see her signature in this picture on the wall, right where she's holding the sharpie.
Spoiler!

And here's a letter to Pamela Anderson she signed as well.
Spoiler!

Just a weird coincidence they look so much alike.
Old 05-23-2017, 04:36 PM   #3720
Scornfire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Lisard people confirmed
Closed Thread

Tags
america first=loss , healthcare=loss , so much winning... , thats damn good covfefe , there will be tweetstorms