Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2011, 12:14 AM   #21
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheKnightsBack View Post
Those numbers are fake. Ive seen video of the Abbotsford home games this season and the number of people in the building is much less. Keep dreaming.

I highly doubt they're fake. In fact, I'm sure they're close to dead-on, because those are the amount of ticket sales for that game.

Also, what you see in the video of the Heat home games is often misleading as well because barely anyone sits around the glass level. Nearly everyone is higher up.

I'll admit attendance is downright awful some nights, but I'm just loving the fact that the Heat are here while they're here.
Pierre "Monster" McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:26 PM   #22
Nemisz/Breen
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I loved the Knights when they were in Omaha, I loved the Flames when they were in Quad Cities and I love the heat here in Abbotsford. Especially since I live here, But if they do end up leaving here, I will follow them where ever they end up, because unlike some bitter ex-fans, I am a true fan of the farm team and the home team and wish them well always.
Nemisz/Breen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:53 PM   #23
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

while the numbers aren't fake, they are likely very inflated. teams count all the unused season tickets and all the tickets given out as sponsorship deals. many times teams don't care because they still get some revenue from those empty seats, but its still a very important distinction because thats parking revenue lost, concessions revenue lost, and it hurts the atmosphere because fans dont want to go to a mostly empty barn with no real excitement. the unfortunate side is that it ends up being cyclical as the lack of fans erodes the casual fans.

as someone that spent 2 years trying to polish the turd that was the qc flames attendance problems, i know from experience you guys want to pretend that things are getting better, will be ok, etc. but let me tell you from experience it probably won't. perhaps abbottsford can survive by selling out the 4 home games a year against the canucks affiliate. personally, i think the fact that winnipeg is gone and they haven't yet established or announced any other west teams, means that the heat most likely don't have much more time.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:57 PM   #24
Beerfest
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheKnightsBack View Post
Those numbers are fake. Ive seen video of the Abbotsford home games this season and the number of people in the building is much less. Keep dreaming.

Beerfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:19 PM   #25
nickerjones
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
Attendance is up this season. Last year on Nov. 22 attendance was averaging 2893 and we were 29th.

So far this season we are averaging 3236 and are 27th. Not a great increase but it's promising.

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=98302

http://theahl.com/stats/schedule.php?view=attendance

How in the Eff are the Oiler farm squad ahead of us in Oklahoma City?
Oklahoma City 0 36,061 10 3,606

Games are empty, no one likes hockey, and its still OU football season. Hell the Barons are supposedly one of the best in the AHL right now but still COME ON.....