Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2009, 11:13 AM   #1
bomber317
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default Best Buy - Trade in 4 for 2

http://www.bestbuy.ca/marketing/used...Y_hmpg1_slide2

Is this a good deal? $9 min trade in value.

It's too bad you can't get straight credit for it.
bomber317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:39 AM   #2
Meelapo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Find or get four games that trade in for around $9 and then trade them in for games worth $140. Sounds good if you have the four games lying around.

Check out www.tivs.ca for trade in values for games. Might be able to buy used from one place and trade in at another.
Meelapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 09:26 AM   #3
JayP
Franchise Player

Exp:

Amazing deal.

I'm assuming Future Shop's trade-in values will be the same as Best Buy's. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
JayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 12:12 PM   #4
silentsim
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Yes apparently BB has the same Tiv's as FS, so you can use tivs.ca as a guide

Most of the games i am willing to trade are only 8.40 at FS
silentsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:01 PM   #5
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

So I took 4 games in today. They have the restriction that the game has to have a trade-in value of $9 or more in their system.

Sacred 2 (pass)
Civilization (pass)
Oblivion (pass)
GTA4 (fail)

Since trading 4 for 2 is a great deal, and 3 for 1 isn't, I already knew I was walking away. What really sealed the deal for me, though, was that they don't allow you to trade for preorders. They have "preorder cards" on the shelves for upcoming games that you can take to the cashier and pay for (preorder the game, in other words), but they don't let you choose them as your 2 games when you trade-in.

I asked the guy why that was, since the only thing the website says is that the game has to be $69.99 or less, and both CoDMW2 and Dragon Age preorders are exactly $69.99... his response was, "we can't trade you something we don't have." Naturally, I replied with, "well isn't that exactly what a preorder is?"

Anyway, long story short... I ended up going to EB and trading Civilization, Oblivion and GTA4 for Dragon's Age and then trading Sacred 2 for $26 towards CoDMW2.

Silly Best Buy.
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:32 AM   #6
Staypuft
Self Imposed Ban

Exp:

See and I went to Best Buy and it worked out perfectly for me. I only had 3 games to trade so I stopped by EB and picked up Armored Core (I think) for $18.99 and used it as one of my trade-ins. Picked up Uncharted 2 and Katamari Forever. It would have been great to get a pre-order for MW2, I agree, but I already have it on order from EB. Needless to say I got a pretty awesome deal, as I traded in 3 games that had a combined trade value of $35 dollars and one I bought for $20 bucks...so basically got Uncharted for free.

Certainly worth taking advantage of if you have some old-ish games lying around....deal ends on the 30th.
Staypuft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:17 AM   #7
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staypuft View Post
See and I went to Best Buy and it worked out perfectly for me. I only had 3 games to trade so I stopped by EB and picked up Armored Core (I think) for $18.99 and used it as one of my trade-ins. Picked up Uncharted 2 and Katamari Forever. It would have been great to get a pre-order for MW2, I agree, but I already have it on order from EB. Needless to say I got a pretty awesome deal, as I traded in 3 games that had a combined trade value of $35 dollars and one I bought for $20 bucks...so basically got Uncharted for free.

Certainly worth taking advantage of if you have some old-ish games lying around....deal ends on the 30th.
Oh yeah, it's definitely a great deal. Unfortunately for me, the only games I really want right now are CoDMW2 and Dragon Age. I just thought it was dumb that they were willing to sell me those two games for $69.99 each (pre-order) but they wouldn't let me trade for them.

Anyway, I didn't mean to take away from the deal itself. It really is a lot better than anyone else is offering right now. The only way it wouldn't work out is if you had 4 games worth $40 each in trade. That's hard to do though, since $40 is pretty much the cap and the games would all have to be new releases.
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:06 PM   #8
mykalberta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can you trade 360 games in for computer games?
mykalberta is offline   Reply With Quote