Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2008, 10:09 PM   #1
Drunk Skunk
Obscure Jersey Wiz

Exp:
Default Brett Palin is a defensive god.

It's been discussed on here before just how impressive Brett Palin has been in his year and a half in Quad City. However, he took it to a new level tonight. With the Flames facing a daunting penalty kill - over a minute and a half of 5 on 3 - Brett Palin took over the ice. Despite blocking a shot, that very obviously stung him, early on the kill, he stayed on the ice for the entire penalty kill. The Flames had trouble clearing the ice after the penalties expired, and Palin's shift stretched to over three minutes. Palin was an absolute machine on defense tonight, and earned a star for his contributions.

Minor league attitude, major league pain
Drunk Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 10:40 PM   #2
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was telling katie the same thing. I was telling dobbles that hes gassed but he was just a beast! thats a guy that deserves a call up.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:56 PM   #3
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

i agree too. guy has all kinds of heart.

he is a very good defensive guy. can battle along the boards very well. good at blocking shots.

i think he would be playing just as well as pardy right now.
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 07:00 AM   #4
SparkyOne
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I said the same thing....the guy played a simply amazing game!

He totally deserves a callup when the opportunity arises, but I sure don't want to see him leave!

Everyone played very well last night and it was a great game to watch, but Palin really took it to another level....
SparkyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:24 PM   #5
chris lindberg
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would love to see Palin make the Calgary Flames, I believe Brett has a legitimate chance to make it as well, being signed for this year and next with an NHL cap hit of just under $500,000 before becoming a Restricted free agent, I can't see Sutter letting this one get away, Darryl will probably re-sign him.
chris lindberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 03:58 PM   #6
SparkyOne
Scoring Winger

Exp:

He was pretty much the stud of the night in Rockford on Wednesday as well! Without the D, we would have lost that game....
SparkyOne is offline   Reply With Quote