View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017, 12:54 PM   #14
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by guuar View Post
He won't get more than Darling. If anything it is either a 3rd or possible a 4th/5th. Darling gets you a 3rd because his contract demands are going to be between 4m and 5m.

Last year Bishops agent was asking for 6y/8m or 7y/7m or 8y/6m. Idea is he was getting paid the same amount of money for what they are assuming is his final contract. Just a matter of what Calgary was comfortable paying for the annual cap hit.

The only advantage you get by acquiring his rights is the ability to do an 8 year contract.

Even with the down year he is not taking less than 6M.

I can see Treliving doing a 6y/40m contract.

There is no need for Bishop to take less than 6M a year. There are a few teams that would be in on signing him. When Treliving spoke with Bishop's agent last year all that was asked was how willing Bishop was to play in Calgary and what would Bishop consider accepting as a new contract.

I'm telling you right now the ask was 45-50M total. Bishop's agent was firm that Bishop giving up his only opportunity at free agency would cost any team a premium for his rights.

You need to realize prior to the 2016-2017 season Ben Bishop has made #### all compared to similarly aged goalies. At the time of the trade discussion Bishop had only made 4.6m/2yr contract. Before that it was all league minimum.

The guy is going to want to cash in. It's his one and only opportunity to do so.

If people would read what I am writing they would instantly agree that this is the same reason why Treliving was and still is willing to give us a massive amount of assets to acquire Matt Murray.
If you're going to claim some inside knowledge, can you at least confirm it with a mod?
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Mass_nerder For This Useful Post: