View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 12:34 PM   #6400
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

There seems to be a RNH vs. Eberle debate in Edmonton right now. Once they square up with McDavid one of these two will have to go. I actually think RNH could be on the way out. He still carries some name brand recognition and I wonder if that will make teams think they can rehabilitate him. I see him as too much of a tweener to be much of a top 6 center. He's not strong enough or good enough away from the puck like a Backlund. He doesn't bring enough offensively to account for that difference. I used to think he could be an okay second line pivot, but now I'm convinced that's just not going to happen. With the other two guys they have who can play up the middle, the Oilers should try and trade the name brand third line center for a lower cost guy who'll be able to do the same thing in that role. Hopefully they pull another Yakupov here.

It really is something just how much Oiler fans over rated these guys. Last year many scoffed at the idea of RNH for Seth Jones. Today, Nashville wouldn't even give you Ekholm for either of these guys let alone a Jones caliber asset. I think the Oilers get to hold these grenades until they explode.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sylvanfan For This Useful Post: