View Single Post
Old 04-25-2024, 09:55 AM   #461
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
I tried to solve what some would call a revenue problem by considering a different job. So it would be a theoretical 7% increase in pay. But for a loser like me that's only 580 a month. It's not a work from home job, but has better benefits. Probably a touch more growth opportunity. My estimate is that driving work that often will result in $240 a month of increased expenses which I think is an underestimate on my part. So after taxes in the end I'd only net like $140 a month and give up a lot of flexibility that I currently have. Plus it's 4 plus hours a week for commuting too that I don't have right now.

So looks like I need like at least a 10% increase to actually see any tangible gain if I was to go back to working in a office. Or find one a lot closer to where I live. Would be easier to see if my current employer can increase my pay by $200 a month. But shows how much I really need to fix myself if I want to get back to where I was two years ago and stop falling behind the pack.
You mentioned better benefits, which you also need to include in your calculations on how much more ahead you come out in that other job. Depending on your personal and family situation and what "better benefits" actually means, you still might come out on top!

And also, no, you're not a "loser"! $580 a month more translates to a 6-figure salary currently annually, which is better than many people out there who also have a family and kids!
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to activeStick For This Useful Post: