View Single Post
Old 02-23-2024, 10:09 AM   #401
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvitaly View Post
I haven't seen the picture or video because it was removed. It strikes me like a cry for help, and I hope he gets it.

I don't think it's fair to attribute his lack of success in the NHL to substance abuse. We simply don't know if it was the cause or the result of his career stagnating. Obviously the pressure and expectations from the NHL were too much.

I also have a difficult time with regular people calling NHLers lazy. The amount of work, pain, and commitment involved to simply get to the NHL is staggering.

His agent will have to do a lot of work in the upcoming days. Hopefully it includes finding help for his client.

PS: Ruzicka played 3 games for the Coyotes averaging a little over 8mins, 0 points, -1.

DeSimone still didn't play a game.
It's either a cry for help or a sign of mental illness. Cocaine possession/use is still a felony in Arizona. I don't know why anyone would post themselves doing drugs, especially an athlete who's multi-million dollar career depends on their image and health.

Maybe things are going horribly for him already in his new spot, and this is his way of giving up?

Cocaine can definitely affect on ice performance. Drugs like that have a horrible rebound affect. They make you feel good by flushing a bunch of feel good chemicals into your brain and affecting the way those chemicals work with receptors. The problem is afterwards those chemicals are depleted and the receptors build tolerances.

You get an awful "hangover" from them that affects your motivation and causes a down mood. This hangover can last days or even a week plus (depending on the individual and how much you use). As you state, playing in the NHL is not easy. Handicapping your performance with a cocaine hangover isn't going to help.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post: