View Single Post
Old 02-02-2024, 02:28 PM   #18
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

I have a 13 soon to be 14 year old son. At this moment he's really interested in Evolution. He was telling my mother in law about Dinosaurs and the size of them and other animals from that era. She says...wow that must have been scary for the people at that time....she was dead serious. She's 77 or do only has about a grade 8 education from a private catholic boarding school in the 50's. She still thought the whole Bible is what had happened...even though she probably has not been to any type of church herself for close to 60 years.

Unless your kids go to Catholic schools they should be okay. Some friends will go to Church, but I had friends who went to church when I was young that were more interested in telling me where they had lunch after. Can't remember any 5 years trying to preach God at me. But 40 years ago even public schools had a lot more Christisn based ideals. So even though my parents were not church goers themselves I did have an idea what all this was. I guess we were evil enough where there was a Bible in the house that I think my Dad had from his folks. Although now that I think about it I remember him telling us it wss just like a story book.