View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 12:36 AM   #2026
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poe969 View Post
The Avs dont' need to get better now, you just said that even if they improve they're still garbage. They need to build a winner not try to "win now" (I know you're not saying they need to win now but improving now is pretty much the same).
So they need to get worse? They need to trade one of their best forwards for prospects? The lottery no longer guarantees you draft top two if you finish bottom of the league so tanking isn't as amazing as when they Oilers did it. Look at where they picked this year after finishing last. Tanking is now even more unreliable than it was before.

They cannot afford to trade Duchene for prospects. The GM can't do it. I doubt ownership would allow it. Sends the worst message to fans. Prospects are a total gamble unless they are the most blue chip prospects out there. They need something proven. They have to get somebody back who can play in the NHL and make an impact next year. I'm absolutely shocked how many of you want to be blind to that reality. Deny it all you want but trading Duchene for prospects will never happen.
The Following User Says Thank You to Flames Draft Watcher For This Useful Post: