View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 03:48 PM   #1183
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamenfame View Post
Not going thru a 1000 posts , Smith is a overrated goalie so I am very happy to see we landed Hamonic and re-signed Stone because Smith needs good defensive dmen in front of him. So reading justification and rah rah Arizona sucked wont cut it for me. Bad move.
So are you denying or ignoring that defensively Arizona was horrifyingly bad and allowed a ton of shots, but a ton of shots from danger areas.

I doubt that Corey Price would have been successful behind that gong show.

All we need from Smith is consistent at least average league goaltending and this team will see big improvement over the Flames with Elliot and Johnson in net.

We can't forget that Smith might be more complimentary to a Flames really mobile defense because of his puck handling skills.

With Arizona paying his salary, with a low price since Hickey wasn't going to sign here, and with low term. This could turn into a home run move for Treliving if as I mentioned above, we get league average goal tending every night.

I don't think that anyone can deny that Elliot and Ocho probably cost this team 5 or 8 wins last year, especially with how horrendous they were at the start.

Even 5 more wins for this team takes them into second in the Pacific.

So I think its a good gamble.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: