View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 06:53 PM   #108
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
If you feel Rittich is more ready because he played 2 season in the Czech league over Gillies' 3 years in college and 2 full years of being a pro in NA your logic seems flawed. Rittich is only year older than Gillies but to you seems more ready even though he has played less Pro games in NA than Gillies.

I think Gillies has as good a shot if not better than Rittich to be a serviceable backup/#2 in the NHL next year.

Let them battle it out at camp.
Something you don't take into account in your analysis is time lost due to injury. Gillies is basically a year back in development because of the hip surgery and missing some time this year as well.

Rittich is closer to NHL ready IMO based on the season's they had in Stockton. I think with Gillies recently missing almost a year due to injury you need him to play games. And that means playing in the minors not keeping the bench warm in the NHL. I don't see how any prospect progresses on the bench. I don't think either of them should be backing up in the NHL next year but if one of them did I think it would be Rittich.

Last edited by Flames Draft Watcher; 06-13-2017 at 07:03 PM.
Flames Draft Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flames Draft Watcher For This Useful Post: