View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 02:25 PM   #53
FurnaceFace
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-matic View Post
You could check out the Cafeteria on the 3rd floor of Husky, they might be able to help you out. They are all pretty nice back there.
I know there wasn't a public microwave up there. People used to nuke in the office and then carry it up. I can't think of anywhere there is a public one anymore. I believe Nexen used to before the reno. Perhaps in the Amec building by the Marcello's? I seem to have a vague recollection there was one there, possibly before Marcello's though back when it was Choices. I'd agree UofC would be your best bet.

In general most buildings have policies against things like heaters. They have traditionally been fire hazards as they have elements...they may even be against fire code. Microwaves are also a hazard and many buildings have a policy against microwave popcorn. I know of one major call centre which had to go offline due to someone leaving the popcorn in the microwave too long causing it to set off the smoke alarms resulting in a full evacuation. That one event cost an awful lot.