View Single Post
Old 02-14-2016, 02:48 PM   #144
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
The Flames had no prospects other than Brodie and Backlund. If Feaster would've sold everything off in 2008, the Flames would've iced a WHL team. Feaster was the reason the Flames developed any legit prospects

I would argue he displayed intellectual honesty, but he couldn't very well tell the Flames that the cupboard is dry and has to ride mediocrity until the cupboards get filled
You're all over the place.

1. Feaster wasn't in charge in 2008, that was Darryl Sutter
2. Feaster was exposed for not being intellectually honest the year he coined that phrase (2011-12 I think)
3. Feaster only sold off when basically forced to because of Iginla's UFA status

I mean I don't hate Feaster but the guy stuck his foot in his mouth several times in Calgary. He coined the phrase intellectual honesty and he went on record saying he wouldn't be the GM of a rebuild and then he was forced into rebuilding but wasn't intellectually honest enough to start it when it should have been started. I mean you can't call him intellectually honest if you followed his time here closely, I don't see how you could.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Flames Draft Watcher For This Useful Post: