View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 07:27 AM   #5
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

One of the only times this year my loyalties are split. I would like to see the Flames get back in the race, but I'm just not sure it's in the cards this year. The Panthers have a 6 point lead in the division, so they could probably handle the loss better, but I don't want to see them start a losing streak either.

I'll probably be happy and sad either way after this game.

If you haven't watched the Panthers much this year, look out for the Huberdeau-Barkov-Jagr line. They have been downright dominant this year. But the Trocheck line has also been very good, and he's been a good replacement for Bjugstad as he was injured for quite a while and is just now finding his game again. Luongo is an all-star for a reason this year, he's been excellent, but the team has been excellent defensively all year. They are tied for first in GA/G. However, no word on Ekblad returning tonight after he sat out against Vancouver. It may have been precautionary anyways, but if he can't go Steven Kampfer will slot in.

They hit a lull in play after such a long winning streak, but Gallant does not let them stay stuck in poor play very long. But a long road trip covering most of Canada might mean they'll stay in their lull until they get back home.

It would be nice if the Flames could play a consistent game for once. The Panthers have been capitalizing on just about every chance they get lately, so the Flames need to be sharp defensively, and patient offensively.

Either way it should be a classic Panthers/Flames disorganized mess of a game. No idea why it's so sloppy when these teams play each other.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post: