Thread: Cycling Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 12:39 AM   #153
pylon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flylock shox View Post
Good pick. I think you'll find yourself appreciating the versatility more and more as time goes by. I was amazed the first time I took my cyclocross on a trail: it was better than being on the road. As for the disc brakes, they're worthwhile, but you'll adapt your riding to your bike's capabilities anyway. If you find you're being limited, you can always adapt.

It's funny. Pylon mentioned in another thread that buying a new car is the closest you can get as an adult to getting a really cool toy as a kid. I don't care one way or the other about cars, but I definitely relate when it comes to bikes. I think I could own about half a dozen if I had the means.
I actually think new bikes, give me a bigger woody than cars. There is something romantic about bikes.... like it is an extension of you, you complete the machine. I seriously avoid the LBS at any cost, because there is a 1 in 4 chance I buy a new bike if I go in. You guys seriously need to stop talking about cyclocross bikes. I am starting to get an itch.....