View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 03:03 AM   #208
pylon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
Well to be honest I could care less about the nicotine addiction which is kinda the opposite of you I guess. I want to be done with the cancer risk, bad smell, and all the other nasty side effects of smoking. I am finding this a very nice way of getting my nicotine fix without caving. I will cut them back as I go but I need them right now and if that keeps me from lighting up I think it is a positive. Best of luck to you too!
I'm with ya bro. I have been using nicorette. The trick with the cessation aids is to only use them when you are at breaking point I find. At one point I was more addicted to nicorette than I ever think I was with smoking. However, it is definitely the less of the two evils. Today I made it through the day with three pieces of gum, which is a an all time low.

It is amazing though how ingrained the habit is. I had one of the sales guys come in my office today, that didn't know I quit, and say "Lets go for a smoke." I grabbed my jacket, and was halfway to the door before I said... "Wait a sec..." lol. Just the routine of running out to the back for a few minutes seemed normal. That definitely triggered a piece of gum.

Anyway, into day 10 now. And still holding it together.

And Cecil, I don't think the guys are crapping on you, they are just trying to help you out. I couldn't do what you are trying either. If I lit one right now, I would be done for. Maybe you are a lot stronger than the rest of us, but I cannot find middle ground myself. The switch is either on or off for me.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pylon For This Useful Post: