PDA

View Full Version : The 1000 pound man

Cowperson
08-11-2004, 11:07 AM
Don't worry, this guy has lost 321 pounds so far this year.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5670919/

Cowperson

calf
08-11-2004, 11:21 AM
http://forum.calgarypuck.com/index.php?showtopic=737
...well, it was brought up in that thread, but a new one is deserving

I'm wondering exactly how much you have to eat in a day to get that big. Shocking..

Wolfwood
08-11-2004, 11:26 AM
I can't even imagine how you could get that big. You would have to have just awful eating habits. It just doesn't seem like it would be possible. That is just insane. It's good that he seems to be losing a lot of the weight though.

Incredible.

calgaryred
08-11-2004, 11:48 AM
He obviously has a thyroid problem which makes it hard to lose weight. All I can say is WOW! He's probably a nice guy but upbeat. He's seems more depressive to gain that kind of weight. Thyroid problems don't usually see people gain around 1,000. I can see maybe 300 or 400, but not that much! There's more to the story. Feel for the guy looks like him and the wife don't get busy anymore!!!!!!!!!!!

Vulcan
08-11-2004, 12:45 PM
Gaining excessive weight has become a sad fetish with some groups. :(

Crazy Flamer
08-11-2004, 01:37 PM
Man this guy is gonna have some flabby skin when things are all said and done.

Ro
08-11-2004, 06:57 PM
My Dad worked at the Holy Cross in the 80's, and I remember him telling me a story about a similar guy when I was a kid.

Apparently, a very, very heavy man fell ill and was physically unable to get to the hospital. When the paramedics arrived at his house to take him to the hospital, they quickly came to the conclusion that not only were they going to have trouble getting the guy onto a gurney and into an ambulance, but that some alternative measures would need to be taken.

Long story short, because I don't exactly remember all the details/reasons, they ended up securing the guy to two hospital beds outside the building, and used a crane to airlift him into a room through a window that had been widened (read: knocked out).

Seems kind of far fetched, and maybe it was a goofy story to tell the kid. But you never know. Maybe I'll ask him about it the next time I speak to him.