PDA

View Full Version : Prospects sub-forum

Reggie Dunlop
10-03-2006, 10:51 PM
My annual request...

I think the stats sticky should be for discussion of stats.

Prospect News should have it's own subforum. There's always folks that don't like prospect news and threads devolve into bitching sessions.

Prospect news tends to get lost as it moves off the main forum page and as a result, a lot of people's inquiries ends up being repeated in the course of the season. On a smaller forum, it'd still be there.

Also, a subforum might encourage Omaha, Vegas, and other far-flung types to contribute.

HelloHockeyFans
10-13-2006, 10:50 PM
I agree with Reg... another sub-forum (like the Offtopic one) dedicated to just Calgary prospects at Omaha, Las Vegas, etc. would be a good one to have considering the rare prospect threads posted in the Fire on Ice forum end up getting bumped to another page after a couple of days.

Reggie Dunlop
10-13-2006, 11:07 PM
It's not just the pro fellers, there's enough Junior action now.

The stickeyed stats thread is one thing. That should be just for updates. It's not really intended for larger discussion. An argument could easily derail that thread.

And really, if you want to build an audience, a specified place would encourage it.

Flash Walken
10-16-2006, 03:13 AM
I'd like to see that also.

STeeLy
10-18-2006, 12:00 AM
I think that'd be a good idea... Living in Ottawa, I would probably try and get to some Ottawa 67's games involving Flames prospects (against Belleville and London and Plymouth)

Reggie Dunlop
11-24-2006, 01:41 PM
Considering the Prospects Sticky on the main forum has been sufficiently derailed, maybe this issue should be revisited.

Reggie Dunlop
11-24-2006, 02:30 PM
If there were a Prospects forum, you could have a Daniel Ryder thread, or a Dustin Boyd thread, or a Leland Irving thread, and not have to have to wade through 13+ pages of the Prospects Stats Update thread for the relevant tidbits.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

BlackArcher101
11-24-2006, 08:18 PM
I think a forum devoted to prospects is a good idea, along with a thread for each prospect. Would certainly keep the discussion organized and on-topic.

If room on the main page is a concern, then make the Buy & Sell a sub-forum of the Off Topic forum. I don't think the Buy & Sell has enough traffic to warrant it's own forum.

Bobblehead
03-08-2007, 11:19 AM
Just a big bump for this idea.

A sub-forum seems liek the prefect place for something like this. If there is a sub-forum in OT, 2 in Buy/Sell, then it only makes sense to have a prospects subforum in the main Flames forum.

JiriHrdina
03-08-2007, 11:22 AM
In my opinion when you create additional sub-forums in the hockey area it creates more work to administer.

MrMastodonFarm
03-14-2007, 08:28 AM
Let Reg just mod the prospect forum then?

I actually think it's a good idea now, it would be nice to have more individual fleshed out threads on prosects, which is hard to go on the main forum.