Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-31-2020, 07:40 PM   #21
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Chris Tucker was referenced in the documentary by a victim herself as being on an Africa charity trip and that the trip was totally above board. So people need to be careful to not assume just being on a flight list means what it might mean for others.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2020, 07:51 PM   #22
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
Chris Tucker was referenced in the documentary by a victim herself as being on an Africa charity trip and that the trip was totally above board. So people need to be careful to not assume just being on a flight list means what it might mean for others.
Exactly. I wouldn’t be shocked if exactly 0 famous people who knew Epstein were involved in this stuff.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 08:01 PM   #23
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Exactly. I wouldn’t be shocked if exactly 0 famous people who knew Epstein were involved in this stuff.
Well there’s exactly zero percent chance that’s true.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2020, 09:12 PM   #24
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone who believes in vast sex crime rings involving dozens of celebrities just because they all knew one sleazy guy doesn't understand how the worlds of the rich and famous work. The celebrities on these lists meet hundreds of people a year. Go to swank parties several times a month. Jet around islands on private jets all the time. I doubt Epstein stood out - to most, he was just another smarmy, rich, hanger-on who facilitated parties.
CliffFletcher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 09:28 PM   #25
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
Anyone who believes in vast sex crime rings involving dozens of celebrities just because they all knew one sleazy guy doesn't understand how the worlds of the rich and famous work. The celebrities on these lists meet hundreds of people a year. Go to swank parties several times a month. Jet around islands on private jets all the time. I doubt Epstein stood out - to most, he was just another smarmy, rich, hanger-on who facilitated parties.
Besides the fact you’re shouting at clouds because no one suggested anything you’re supposedly refuting, it has been well established that a vast sex crime ring did exist. And you think somehow celebrities are exempt because they probably just posed once with the guy in a photo op? Ok then.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 07:04 AM   #26
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I think the fact that Epstein was welcomed back with open arms by the world of the rich and famous after he was busted for being a pedo the first time round says a lot about that world and what they value. Weinsteins depravity was well known within the industry for a long time and it never hurt him until it all blew up at once.

People tend to project their own values on the rich and famous to try and understand them, but the average person hasn't spent years/decades/generations with virtually limitless access to drugs, resources and sexual partners in a consequence free environment. Plus, pedophilia is the absolute best tool for blackmailing someone, so there is always going to be highly motivated individuals injecting pedophilia into the world of the rich and famous.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Matata For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2020, 11:22 AM   #27
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewDad View Post
So after not being active for a while last night Anonymous has so far

-posted a message condemning the Minnesota PD
-took down the Minnesota PD website
-hacked the Chicago PD radios playing F the police
-released a list of all those involved with Epstein including Trump (included court docs)

Now I always take things on the Internet with a grain of salt but this seems pretty damning

Add to the fact that I just personally saw #anonymous on the trending list go from 2.7 million to 700k (Twitter seems to be deleting tweets) I don’t know what the hell to think anymore.

I am not really sure how I feel about those documents either. Stuff that like that can be easily forged. If it was corroborated, that would be better.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 12:08 PM   #28
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

speaking of anonymous...

https://canoe.com/news/world/huge-ha...-its-customers

Epik has long been the favourite internet company of the far-right, providing domain services to QAnon theorists, Proud Boys and other instigators of the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol — allowing them to broadcast hateful messages from behind a veil of anonymity.

But that veil abruptly vanished last week when a huge breach by the hacker group Anonymous dumped into public view more than 150 gigabytes of previously private data — including user names, passwords and other identifying information of Epik’s customers.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote