Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2017, 11:18 AM   #101
OmegaV4
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Sucks for Lack, but was the right move.

Don't want Johnson back, we have two goalies in the AHL who deserve a shot, and Parsons needs to bake in the AHL. (1-2 Years @ 250F)
OmegaV4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 11:20 AM   #102
Insane_Flame
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savvy27 View Post
Three swings and misses on Gulutzan's former guys so far (Lack, Bartkowski, Grossman). Treliving has fared better so far reaching into his past (Smith, Stone).
You forget about the G.O.A.T.
Insane_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 11:22 AM   #103
DazzlinDino
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itse View Post
This makes me feel somewhat annoyed about acquiring Lack in the first place. Why even bother. I really hope they didn't get him because Gulutzan likes him... in part because I'd really like to think our head coach is a better judge of goalies.

And yeah, I hope they don't go spending assets to get another backup before seeing what they have in Rittich and/or Gillies.

I wish the Flames shied away from reclamation projects and focused more on up and coming guys with potential.
DazzlinDino is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DazzlinDino For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2017, 11:24 AM   #104
CsInMyBlood
Franchise Player

Location: F*** me. We're so f***ing good, you check the f***ing standings? Lets f***ing go! F***ing practice!
Exp:

Kane loves money seemingly more than most. Anyone remember the money phone or money pushup he tweeted or instagramed or whatever lame way he put them out there? Heres a reminder.

He will take the biggest offer and we know what happens on UFA day. Somebody is always willing to overpay for something they deem critical to their team. He will surely get 8M or close to it.

Backlund for Selke 2017 2018
Oilers suck.
CsInMyBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 11:28 AM   #105
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
He is having his best season as a pro, and makes 5.25 now. He is gonna want, and will almost assuredly get, a big raise.
Yeah... but I kind of feel that a big chunk of that 5.25 was an "I have to live in Winnipeg?" surchange and another chunk was bought on spec "he may not be worth it now but he'll be worth it later". I'm not sure a big raise is gonna happen.
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Parallex For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2017, 11:33 AM   #106
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I'm sure Lack is a good guy and all but this is a move that needed to be made. We can't afford to eat 20 points on our back to backs and God forbid if anything ever happens to Smith. Personally I hope Rittitch gets a shot.
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 11:43 AM   #107
DazzlinDino
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Flames_Fan View Post
I'm sure Lack is a good guy and all but this is a move that needed to be made. We can't afford to eat 20 points on our back to backs and God forbid if anything ever happens to Smith. Personally I hope Rittitch gets a shot.
If a goalie gets injured in or just before the playoffs you want someone who can get the job done. This backup position has to be better. Can't have a guy lacking confidence or poor positioning. The Flames need to have an upgraded 1, 2 punch. I am glad to see the Flames taking initiative to address this instead of waiting until it is a bit too late and we can't recover.
DazzlinDino is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DazzlinDino For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2017, 11:45 AM   #108
OmegaV4
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Flames_Fan View Post
Just curious, what's the reasoning for Rittich over Gillies? Gillies not ready yet, or needs to play?
OmegaV4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 11:46 AM   #109
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaV4 View Post
Just curious, what's the reasoning for Rittich over Gillies? Gillies not ready yet, or needs to play?
Lots of people (not me) think he's better and/or earned his shot because of his record and stats which are somewhat better.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 11:47 AM   #110
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallex View Post
Yeah... but I kind of feel that a big chunk of that 5.25 was an "I have to live in Winnipeg?" surchange and another chunk was bought on spec "he may not be worth it now but he'll be worth it later". I'm not sure a big raise is gonna happen.
Possibly, but I tend to look at it this way.

He is on pace for 40+ goals and 80ish points.

Should he maintain said pace, well those guys get paid a lot more than his current deal.
Old 11-23-2017, 11:51 AM   #111
joejoe3
First Line Centre

Exp:

could you imagine lack gets picked up by oilers? ha ha ha
Old 11-23-2017, 11:53 AM   #112
Caged Great
Franchise Player

Exp:

With all 4 of Gillies, Rittich, Parsons, and even MacDonald playing well to start the season, you need to see if the guy at the top of the list is ready for the NHL. Playing him in the A won't help him much. Gillies needs to play to see if he's ready for 20+ games at the NHL level. Then you've got to make similar determinations on the others.
Fireside Chat - The #1 Flames Fan Podcast - FiresideChat.ca
Caged Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 11:59 AM   #113
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:

Should he maintain said pace, well those guys get paid a lot more than his current deal.
Maybe... but I think it'd be foolish to think he's one of "those guys". He's been a .66PPG his entire career thus far, I'm far more likely to say "pay him like a .66PPG in his prime" and think this year is his Cheechoo 05/06 then I am to think he's gonna be a 40-40 guy going forward.
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 12:05 PM   #114
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CsInMyBlood View Post
Kane loves money seemingly more than most. Anyone remember the money phone or money pushup he tweeted or instagramed or whatever lame way he put them out there? Heres a reminder.

But everyone thought Dougie's phone was cool and fun? To be honest, I'd rather have a money phone then a banana phone...
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2017, 12:06 PM   #115
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

Gillies is ready. Bring him up.

Rittich can show Parsons the pro ropes in Stockton
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Reggie Dunlop For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2017, 12:07 PM   #116
Hockey Fan #751
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

Exactly true. If he ends up with 40 goals and 80 points, he's going to want the Draisaitl deal ($8.5 million). And if the cap goes up to $80 million, he'll get it.
Hockey Fan #751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 12:10 PM   #117
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

if Kane signs for 8 or heck even 6, I think it's an overpayment and I'm glad another team is doing it. He's good but not really good. He's having a really good year (contract year...) but it's not like he's always been this good. Maybe he's tired of being on loser teams and would sign a deal that fits in a teams structure in order to win.
Old 11-23-2017, 12:11 PM   #118
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can't say I'm shocked at all. The only game I thought Lack did ok in was the one where Smith got hurt. I wanted him to do well but it just hasn't worked out.

A big no thanks to bringing Johnson back at 2.5M. I'd rather they give one of the AHL goalies a shot.
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 12:12 PM   #119
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

It was always an odd move imo. Lack was a disaster last season with a pretty decent defense in front of him. He looked bad in his last season in Van as well and with 2 up and coming goalies I didn't understand why the Flames needed to make this trade. I agree with above posters that the Flames need to stop with reclamation projects and focus on bringing up players from the farm. Rittich deserves a look
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 12:12 PM   #120
Greybeard
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Dougie was cool and funny with his banana phone. Kane was a show off jerk with his money phone. We all would like piles of money. That does not mean you flaunt it.

Last edited by Greybeard; 11-23-2017 at 12:15 PM.
Greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greybeard For This Useful Post: