Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2024, 07:58 PM   #41
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tampa still has Kucherov, Stamkos, Hedman, Point, and Vasilevsky. Regardless of where they finish in the standings, I would be horrified to face them in the first round. Especially with Tanev.
1qqaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1qqaaz For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2024, 08:26 PM   #42
kipperiggy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipper_3434 View Post
Guy joined this month, clearly doesn't know how things work here. Let's all jump down his throat and ensure he never becomes a regular contributor here. This is the way.
People with the drive by comments to collect their Thanks.

Now, give me my thanks!

Thanks AC!
kipperiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kipperiggy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2024, 01:48 PM   #43
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

piggy-backing off some recent speculation:

Trade 1
To NJ: Jacob Markstrom (50%), Kevin Rooney, 2024 4th
To CGY: Dawson Mercer, Vitek Vanecek, Seamus Casey, 2024 1st

Trade 2
To BOS: Noah Hanifin (50% + extension)
To CGY: Matthew Poitras, Derek Forbort, 2025 1st

Trade 3
To DAL: Chris Tanev (50%)
To CGY: Tristan Bertucci, 2024 2nd

------------------------------------

obviously based on some rumblings and speculation that is already happening. Those might very well be tilted a bit towards the Flames (as a fan, you sometimes can't help it), but I do think those make some sense.

Markstrom/NJ, to me, just is too much of an obvious fit. Probably can't find a better trade partner ... the Devils are loaded with young talent and therefore have what the Flames want, and it just so happens that the Flames have the goaltender that could give the Devils that extra push. I don't think it's a secret at this point that the Flames have had interest in Mercer, going back to the 2020 draft. As a right-handed center, he'd also plug a major hole in our talent pool. Casey is a fine prospect in his own right, but given the Devils already have the likes of Hughes, Nemec and so on, the Devils can afford to give him up. He's the price for taking back Vanecek and retaining on Markstrom.

The Boston one is also based on some recent speculation. Poitras has had shoulder surgery and that's a bit of concern, but he's still a fine prospect. He'd also be yet another right-handed center, so sign me up. Forbort is a throw in and could immediately be flipped for another asset. Boston not having a 2024 1st wouldn't even worry me here, I think spreading some of those picks over multiple years is not a bad idea. Having an extra 1st in 2025 wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

We all want a 1st for Tanev, but I'd also be fine with a 2nd and a decent prospect. Bertucci was a 2nd rounder this past draft and would, after adding Brzustewicz as well as Casey in this hypothetical scenario, further bolster our D prospect pool. I'd still love to just take a 1st from someone for Tanev, but if not, this would be the next best thing.

Like I said, maybe a bit tilted in our favour here or there, but I think the framework is fair enough. Immediately sets us up for the future with two promising young centers, a couple of decent D prospects and a ton of draft capital. We'd enter the 2024 draft with 3 firsts (CGY, VAN, NJ) and 2 seconds (CGY, DAL), which would be outstanding. You want to flip one of those 1sts for someone like Pinto? Be my guest, but personally, I'd just make the picks.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boston , calgary flames , new jersey , tampa bay , trade idea