Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2021, 10:09 AM   #301
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just bought a season pass for Louise. Can't wait now.
Yeah, so this turned out to be the best deal ever.

Bought the family pass for $2k. We've been just 13 times so far, which would have been a spend on adult tickets of $3224 and kids' tickets of $2470, for a total of $5694. I'm up $3694 and will go at least another 13 times as the season is only half over and the best is yet to come.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 10:34 AM   #302
TSXCman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Anyone have heated goggles and are they worth it on these cold days? Fogged up goggles are the actual worst. I swapped out lenses at lunch, but I'd rather not deal with the issue at all. Normally not a terrible problem, but with mask up over my nose and mouth all day I am having issues.

These are up for $99 USD today, saw on Redflagdeals today:

https://abom.com/collections/abom-one
TSXCman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TSXCman For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2021, 11:22 AM   #303
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSXCman View Post
These are up for $99 USD today, saw on Redflagdeals today:

https://abom.com/collections/abom-one
Awesome, thanks man! Just ordered two pairs.
Old 02-11-2021, 11:45 PM   #304
bigrangy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Heading to Louise Sunday. Anyone have any recommendations for a place to get rental equipment?
Old 02-11-2021, 11:59 PM   #305
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrangy View Post
Heading to Louise Sunday. Anyone have any recommendations for a place to get rental equipment?
http://www.sportsrent.ca/
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DownhillGoat For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2021, 01:34 PM   #306
fleuryisgod
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownhillGoat View Post
Thanks for the referral!

As one of the guys who works at Sports Rent I will try to give you the best advice but with this weather for the weekend it's a bit of a guess as to how it'll go...

For every other normal temperature weekend we have been busier at nights in comparison to mornings, we do pickups at no extra charge after 4pm for the next day. Typically there has been a line outside for evening pickups from 4pm-7pm but even when we're lined up outside we've been good at keeping things moving. Very rare anyone would be stuck outside for longer then 10 min. Once inside it typically 5-15 minutes to get in and out, really just depends how long it takes to try on ski boots.

For morning pickups it's been pretty rare for us to get lined up so it's actually been quicker to pickup same day instead of the evening before. But again with this forecast and Saturday night still being cold I have no idea if that means everyone will wait till Sunday am to pickup or not. This year has been crazy and it's hard to make predictions!

For availability of gear up till this point we haven't run out of sizes for downhill gear, typically this upcoming weekend being family day we usually run out of some kids sizes but again with cold mixed in I have no clue what will happen, for adult sizes we'll be good.

So to sum up typically the morning are the quickest to get in and out but I can make zero promises on that because of the cold weather and long weekend combo!
fleuryisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fleuryisgod For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2021, 07:02 PM   #307
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

^What wax do you guys use? I only have a couple of days on my one pair since you guys did a wax / sharpen, and whatever is on them was super slow / grabby today. I managed but almost lost it a couple times at speed.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 07:08 AM   #308
fleuryisgod
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
^What wax do you guys use? I only have a couple of days on my one pair since you guys did a wax / sharpen, and whatever is on them was super slow / grabby today. I managed but almost lost it a couple times at speed.
We use a Swix universal temp wax. Typically works very well except when it dips this cold then it will be a little sticky. If you'd like us to redo it though just let me know and we'll be able to help you out.
fleuryisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 08:34 PM   #309
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nah, no need for that. I'll manage. Maybe I'll talk to whoever the tech is next time I bring them in. I wasn't specific with my tune request.

Did anyone go to Louise today? Or SSV for that matter. Was it packed? cams don't suggest it was.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 02-14-2021, 03:39 PM   #310
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Nah, no need for that. I'll manage. Maybe I'll talk to whoever the tech is next time I bring them in. I wasn't specific with my tune request.

Did anyone go to Louise today? Or SSV for that matter. Was it packed? cams don't suggest it was.
First day in a week, put in an afternoon shift with a couple buds at SSV. Did ByeBye laps, into dece pow, and chopped pow. But my god, rolling up to the left side of the Corner, and into the track back to the divide was COOOOLLLDDD. Got brain freeze on my temples, despite them of course being covered --- just wind wizzing through goggle vents.

Finished with Back Door, and bx down the skiout. Again, dece pow.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 11:21 AM   #311
IGGYFORMVP
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Just got back from two days of backcountry at Bow Summit. It was damn cold but at least it wasn't that busy. Found some nice fresh lines and we had some epic wipe outs in the deep powder. We dug a few pits and still found the weak layer around 100cm. Overall the snow pack was pretty stable.

Saturday was absolutely beautiful with cold crisp blue bird day. I never get sick of the unreal views on the parkway. It was just too damn cold to stop for long to enjoy them.
IGGYFORMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IGGYFORMVP For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2021, 12:55 PM   #312
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Aaaaaaaand there goes my other ACL.

#### #### ####.
Old 02-15-2021, 01:05 PM   #313
IGGYFORMVP
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Awesome, thanks man! Just ordered two pairs.

Hey Sliver, not sure if you do any back country but if you do any heated clothing can block your Transceiver from sending out proper signal. Both heated gloves and socks can also do this.

It also can block your search function if your looking for someone else.
IGGYFORMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IGGYFORMVP For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2021, 01:27 PM   #314
greyshep
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:

#### #### ####.

Sorry to hear that. Just working on recovery after ACL surgery here. No skiing for me any time soon.
greyshep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 01:30 PM   #315
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, looks like I'll be selling some gear here pretty soon. No Bueno.
Old 02-15-2021, 02:19 PM   #316
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGGYFORMVP View Post
Hey Sliver, not sure if you do any back country but if you do any heated clothing can block your Transceiver from sending out proper signal. Both heated gloves and socks can also do this.

It also can block your search function if your looking for someone else.
No back country for me, but thanks for posting that.

Quote:
Yeah, looks like I'll be selling some gear here pretty soon. No Bueno.
So sorry, man. That blows.
Old 02-15-2021, 03:51 PM   #317
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
So sorry, man. That blows.
Literally. Like, my knee.

On the plus side, right up until that point I skiied the #### out of e gully, so if that's my last run for a year at least it was a good one until that point.

Can't believe my binding didn't release. My Dins aren't even high.
Old 02-15-2021, 05:27 PM   #318
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

Quote:

#### #### ####.
That super sucks. One of my biggest fears skiing. Hope it works out.
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 12:21 AM   #319
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

#### #### ####.
aw balls, sorry to hear. You gonna brace up, and take it easy? Get the surgery?

Ran into Charlie today, up at the Powder Keg. Only chatted for 10 minutes.
He said he wants to install a chair annually, and that they've updated the ski maps online.

https://www.skilouise.com/wp-content...tBowl_2021.pdf

* Lower Juniper; His words "for you snowboarders" haha /Park laps
* Upper Juniper; to move people from the base quicker; utilizing the old Oly line.

And then he spoke to Richardson Ridge. I suppose that was in the LRP, but I guess Wolverine Ridge was ixnayed.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 09:38 AM   #320
Flames0910
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
Ran into Charlie today, up at the Powder Keg. Only chatted for 10 minutes.
He said he wants to install a chair annually, and that they've updated the ski maps online.

https://www.skilouise.com/wp-content...tBowl_2021.pdf

* Lower Juniper; His words "for you snowboarders" haha /Park laps
* Upper Juniper; to move people from the base quicker; utilizing the old Oly line.

And then he spoke to Richardson Ridge. I suppose that was in the LRP, but I guess Wolverine Ridge was ixnayed.
Ya I can't wait for Upper Juniper — it will make a big difference on the days where Top of the World is the morning pinch point before the backside runs start opening up (made worse in the short term by removing the Platter). Richardson Ridge seems like a nice bonus to build out the backside a little more and spread people out but not sure it will be destination skiing.

Louise has a solid plan though. Massive credit to them for getting that long term stability from Parks and beginning a serious infrastructure rollout while their competition is stuck having a temper tantrum.

The resorts south of the border are building out with capital infusions from Vail/Alterra. I do kind of wonder how Charlie is financing this new stuff?

Last edited by Flames0910; 02-16-2021 at 09:42 AM.
Flames0910 is offline   Reply With Quote