Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-09-2019, 10:34 PM   #1901
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Man did MLB ever drop the hammer on Sony. I can't imagine they would have agreed to this unless MLB threatened to pull the license. That said, we'll probably still see 80-90% of sales on PS4/5 any way.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 11:50 PM   #1902
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

A sad reminder that there is no exclusivity deal for the NHL, just no other game company gives a #### enough to make another NHL game
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 10:20 AM   #1903
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inferno For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2019, 10:28 AM   #1904
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looks excellent, and that's a crazy turn around time from the RE2 remake, just over a year. They must've been working on both at the same time and using some of the same assets.

Maybe I'll finally bite on checking out that RE2 remake when it goes on sale for boxing day.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 10:28 AM   #1905
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
Man did MLB ever drop the hammer on Sony. I can't imagine they would have agreed to this unless MLB threatened to pull the license. That said, we'll probably still see 80-90% of sales on PS4/5 any way.
It probably makes sense for Sony too at this point TBH.

I'm not sure anybody was truly deciding to go with XBox or Sony based on The Show, and those who were are probably fully entrenched in the PS ecosystem by now after it being Exclusive on PS3 and PS4.

For Sony you have a full studio making just this game each year, and really for them it's probably not a huge lift to co-develop for XBox as well (Switch may be a little harder but they have the framework they used for the Vita versions).

If this gave them a better deal on the licence fees, and also expands their available base to sell to then long term it probably makes sense for them too.

With the start date being 2021, my guess is MLB will shutter the game development portion of MLB Advanced Media who took over in-house development of RBI Baseball 2019 and 2020 (already was in development).

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 12-10-2019 at 10:33 AM.
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 11:14 AM   #1906
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

MLB isn't remotely as big as FIFA or Madden, but it still sells consoles. And with Sony being forced into supporting cross-play, ecosystem likely doesn't matter much. So the big carrot here is however many PS5s The Show 21 might have sold as an exclusive.

Of course, Sony still gets its cut of game sales on other systems, and the lion's share of MTX revenue.

And yeah, RBI baseball is quite certainly dead at this point.
Old 12-10-2019, 06:04 PM   #1907
BlAcKNoVa
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Oh my. After the RE3 remake is out I wonder if they will remake Code Veronica also. I hope so!
BlAcKNoVa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 07:07 PM   #1908
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

I kinda wish we also got a full on remake of the original RE. But I’ll take whatever we can get.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 08:27 PM   #1909
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I kinda wish we also got a full on remake of the original RE. But I’ll take whatever we can get.

Uhh...

Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 09:01 PM   #1910
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Uhhh that’s not a remake.
Old 12-11-2019, 08:40 AM   #1911
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Come on man Resident Evil is pretty much the original remake, it was the gold standard for remakes for years.

Unless you mean you want an RE engine modern-ised remake with the over the shoulder camera and such.
Old 12-11-2019, 09:29 AM   #1912
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Well yeah that’s why I said remake, not remaster.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:56 PM   #1913
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

The RE1 remake is way more than a remaster though. They re-did all the visuals and audio, and added a number of updated gameplay mechanics and enemies.
Old 12-11-2019, 01:31 PM   #1914
I_H8_Crawford
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Looks excellent, and that's a crazy turn around time from the RE2 remake, just over a year. They must've been working on both at the same time and using some of the same assets.

Maybe I'll finally bite on checking out that RE2 remake when it goes on sale for boxing day.
I've been playing RE 2 Remake over the past couple weeks (borrowed it from the library) - definitely worth it.

With 2 young kids, I rarely have time to sit down and play a game - have found the time for RE 2 - so fun. They did a fantastic job.
I_H8_Crawford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 01:43 PM   #1915
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_H8_Crawford View Post
I've been playing RE 2 Remake over the past couple weeks (borrowed it from the library) - definitely worth it.

With 2 young kids, I rarely have time to sit down and play a game - have found the time for RE 2 - so fun. They did a fantastic job.
I checked on the Xbox digital store and they had it for $25 already so I bit. I also have little kids so it’s good to hear it’s worth making time for!
Old 12-11-2019, 08:27 PM   #1916
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
The RE1 remake is way more than a remaster though. They re-did all the visuals and audio, and added a number of updated gameplay mechanics and enemies.
I’m aware of what the game is. But since they didn’t want to redo everything they had to keep the fixed camera angles because of how the locations were originally rendered.

It’s a remaster if the GameCube remake.

It’s still a far cry from a full fledged remake. The GC remake is almost 20 years old itself.
Old 12-12-2019, 10:05 AM   #1917
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Just a heads up in case anyone didn't know, the video game awards are on tonight at 6:30 on all streaming platforms.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 07:41 PM   #1918
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Already a bunch of big announcements too.

Microsoft still sucks at names; new console to be called "Xbox Series X". It looks like a gaming PC circa 2003. They did learn from past mistakes and didn't just yell "specs! specs! specs!" They promised actual games! Hellblade II the first announced title.

First announced title for PS5 is Godfall. From what the guy said after the teaser trailer that really showed nothing about how the game plays, it almost sounds like a fantasy styled hack and slash loot grind. Which to me, screams Diablo-like. And if so, I'm interested.

Square Enix also reminds us they suck at names, announcing Bravely Default II for Switch.
Old 12-12-2019, 08:04 PM   #1919
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's going to take some good exclusives to get me to buy the new Xbox. I can count on one hand how many games I bought for my Xbox One. I really only use it for EA Access and Game Pass whenever one of their $1 promos come out.
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 09:02 AM   #1920
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

I didn't think Microsoft could come up with a worse name than Xbox One, but they did. Series X is terrible, how many parents and grandparents are going to buy their kids an Xbox One X next year instead of a Series X because of naming confusion? This is right up there with Wii U in all-time terrible console brandings
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote