Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2019, 09:36 PM   #41
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Next game Peters should actually mixed up ALL the lines to try to create a spark. Because his current lineup has been incredibly ineffective for a period of time. Switching it up can't do anymore harm than current since the results at the moment is nothing.

The top line players are dragging the team down. Something gotta be done to get them going again.

Neal couldn't come back fast enough it appears. Too bad he's probably not gonna be back until playoffs, and even then that's up in the air.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 09:36 PM   #42
minnow
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

What a lack-lustre game. Whoever was doing the shot count was drunk. I swear at the 6 something minute, after Calgary had a shot on goal, they counted it for Arizona.
Old 03-07-2019, 09:36 PM   #43
wwkayaker
First Line Centre

Exp:

The purple Gatorade is stale.
wwkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 09:37 PM   #44
bigrangy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don’t think Neal would look 5 steps behind on this Flames team these last few games.

When you don’t hustle you don’t win, and I don’t understand why the players don’t understand that. The yoyes beat them to every loose puck tonight, even Gio got beat once, which never happens.
Old 03-07-2019, 09:37 PM   #45
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thankfully there's still lots of time to right the ship before the playoffs start. But they badly need a win right now just to get some confidence back. They haven't really played badly IMO, and have looked really good at times, especially against Vegas and Minny. But offensively they're really gripping their sticks, and they just look like a deflated bunch right now.

A good old fashioned blow-out victory over the stupid Knights on Sunday at home would be just the right tonic to get our mojo back I think. Please make it happen, Flames!
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 09:37 PM   #46
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Next game keep Gaudreau, Mony, and Lindholm together. Love Chucky but he has no chemistry with those guys. Also time to sit someone and release the Lazar.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2019, 09:37 PM   #47
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
Given the team just hasn't had much going for it lately and we were on a back to back... why not play Lazar?

He'd at least work his ass off out there. It's not like Frolik has been playing well by any measure recently once again.
Agree 100%. I would have put him in tonight. Especially on a back to back.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 09:37 PM   #48
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Flames late season collapse is right on que. If I'm Vegas, I'm getting pretty excited about what looks to be an easy first round matchup
Hemi-Cuda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 09:37 PM   #49
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

quit watching after losing another interference challenge... it wasn't the reason for the loss, but just felt like it was a harbinger of the way the game was going to go.

zero positives from tonight

2nd place in the division is looking pretty likely at this rate
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 09:37 PM   #50
twocents
Draft Pick

From Feb 2nd to Mar 8th last year the Caps went 7-8-2. They hit rock bottom on March 8th losing 3-1 to the Kings after being shutout by the Ducks 4-0 on March 6th.

Their run began on March 10th where they beat the Sharks 2-0. They went on to go 12-3 in their final fifteen games on their way to the Cup title.

Tonight the Flames hit rock bottom. Now I expect the Flames will shut out Vegas and begin their Cup run on Sunday.
twocents is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to twocents For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2019, 09:37 PM   #51
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
this is dumb
Not really. These are playoff type games now and the Flames look weak. Certainly incapable of coming back when down and dealing with other adversity. At this point they don’t look like they could win a single playoff game.
Manhattanboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 09:38 PM   #52
skcli
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I am starting to doubt that they will turn it around. Monny is hurt, Gaudreau is handling the puck like a grenade, Lindholm cannot hit the net. Benny is hurt, Czar cannot score on breakaway.

Can we back to February hockey?
skcli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 09:38 PM   #53
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's not even an issue with their compete level.

This team's top forwards aren't showing the ability to fight through tough playoff type tight checking, physical hockey.

Their frustration is showing, resulting in puck decisions we haven't seen all year, which are causing odd man rushes against.

If the sharks win tonight and Saturday, and the flames lose to the knights on sund6, i don't see the mental fortitude in this group to chase down the division from the sharks.

Ugh... Such a fun season only to see them showing a trajectory of whimpering into the playoffs.
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 09:38 PM   #54
CalgaryFan1988
Franchise Player

Exp:

Derek Ryan looked alright tonight.... that's pretty much it.
CalgaryFan1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 09:39 PM   #55
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
Agree 100%. I would have put him in tonight. Especially on a back to back.
Agreed as well. Have a guy that's hungry and also has lots of NHL experience so it's not like putting some young liability out there. Frolik hasn't been great lately, with the added bonus of now twice this season coming out very hot after being a healthy scratch.
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2019, 09:39 PM   #56
Cleveland Steam Whistle
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is the worst thing that’s ever happened in hockey. Worst Flames team since coming to Calgary. At least we’ll have a lottery pick now as all the teams will pass us. Last game of the year versus the Oilers will be meaningful as a lottery ball battle. Panic panic, cry cry woe is me. I don’t even want to watch any more, gonna get bounced by the Wild, but also get passed by the Sharks and the Knights. First round playoff fodder but also out of the playoffs some how, this is the worst collapse I’ve ever seen.
Cleveland Steam Whistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 09:39 PM   #57
djmichaelk
Backup Goalie

Exp:
Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by twocents View Post
From Feb 2nd to Mar 8th last year the Caps went 7-8-2. They hit rock bottom on March 8th losing 3-1 to the Kings after being shutout by the Ducks 4-0 on March 6th.

Their run began on March 10th where they beat the Sharks 2-0. They went on to go 12-3 in their final fifteen games on their way to the Cup title.

Tonight the Flames hit rock bottom. Now I expect the Flames will shut out Vegas and begin their Cup run on Sunday.
Its nice to see some optimism I hope your right <3
djmichaelk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to djmichaelk For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2019, 09:39 PM   #58
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

They’ve lost their mojo it would seem.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 09:39 PM   #59
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Go Habs go!!!
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 09:40 PM   #60
bigpete
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Struggling to score, but I have faith that they will turn it around. They have a great schedule to finish the year.

Silver lining of this game is that Arizona creeps closer to the final wild card spot and Calgary has demolished them 3 out of 4 games this year. I'm not scared of them in a first round matchup.
bigpete is offline   Reply With Quote