Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2019, 06:37 PM   #601
jlh2640
First Line Centre

Exp:

It just does not add up
jlh2640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 06:56 PM   #602
sun
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phagoof View Post
I'm really pissed with didn't get him actually. He's not a big guy, but he plays big and is fast as hell. Reminds me of a Taylor Hall Lite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgJ_7wXeGTI

Frolik + 1st would have been a good deal. Frolik + 2020nd is a start the car.

Would of been a beauty on the second line with Tkachuk and Backs. That line really lacks speed and would have been a perfect add imo.
Dang, he looked good in those highlights. Got his empty netters on lock too, must have scored five.
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 11:14 AM   #603
nieuwy-89
First Line Centre

Exp:

Sorry to bump this...I have no new info. I was out of country and out of touch the week of the trade deadline. I heard this mentioned a few times on the Fan this week but still not sure what happened to scuttle this deal. Have we heard any official reason for why the deal fell through?
nieuwy-89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 12:05 PM   #604
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nieuwy-89 View Post
Sorry to bump this...I have no new info. I was out of country and out of touch the week of the trade deadline. I heard this mentioned a few times on the Fan this week but still not sure what happened to scuttle this deal. Have we heard any official reason for why the deal fell through?
I heard it was some kind of clerical error on the part of Minnesota, and it didn’t make the trade deadline. Apparently BT was furious.
Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2019, 02:53 PM   #605
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
I heard it was some kind of clerical error on the part of Minnesota, and it didn’t make the trade deadline. Apparently BT was furious.
If that’s all it was isn’t there precedent for the League allowing the deal to close?
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 03:26 PM   #606
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

From what they said on the radio, there is usually a queue piled up after the deadline for the league to go through and approve, but your trade has to be added to this queue before the deadline expires. I could be wrong though.
Old 03-09-2019, 03:32 PM   #607
mrdonkey
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is why your teachers always told you not to leave your term paper submission to the last minute.
mrdonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrdonkey For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2019, 04:01 PM   #608
David Struch
First Line Centre

Exp:

You'd have to think the Flames are still interested in acquiring Jason Zucker this off season considering they were just committed to getting him and his 5 year contract a few weeks ago.
David Struch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 04:10 PM   #609
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

It’s unfortunate for Zucker and his family to know that he’s playing for a team that tried to trade him. I agree that they may revisit aquiring him again in the summer.
Old 08-02-2019, 03:58 PM   #610
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

bump. According to the latest Athletic article on Fenton's firing, the Zucker trade fell through because of an issue on Calgary's side

https://theathletic.com/1112113/2019...with-the-wild/

News Update

Then, there was the Zucker cluster-you-know-what. Sources say there was a lot of resistance, even from some of Fenton’s hires, but Fenton came close to trading Zucker to Calgary for a first-round pick and Michael Frolik. Because of an issue on Calgary’s end, the trade fell through at the very last moments before the 2 p.m. deadline. The story got out, and that created a lot of tension between Zucker and Fenton, who initially denied the story to Zucker. More than three months later, Zucker was nearly traded again to Pittsburgh, but Phil Kessel wouldn’t waive his no-trade clause to come to Minnesota.
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2019, 04:01 PM   #611
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Frolik has an NTC right? Was it that?
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 04:04 PM   #612
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
Weren't there other reports saying the issue was from Wild's side? I don't think anyone knows for sure what happened. Hopefully it comes out what the actual hold up was.
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 04:05 PM   #613
PugnaciousIntern
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
Ha, if his agent pulled those stunts and then Frolik invoked the NTC I could see why Tre would be furious
PugnaciousIntern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 04:10 PM   #614
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

The trade wasn't hinging on Frolik agreeing to waive. Treliving would have gotten Frolik's list in writing several days before the trade deadline, not minutes before.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 04:11 PM   #615
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

Zucker on the Fenton firing, FWIW.

Quote:
“It was tough in the sense I didn’t want to leave,’’ said Zucker, who was signed by Fenton to a five-year, $27.5 million contract on July 25, 2018. “Obviously, it was a bit of limbo-type thing for the year, but it’s part of the business. Names get floated all the time. I’m glad the trades didn’t happen.’’

http://www.startribune.com/wild-s-ja...ton/513472682/

Last edited by Reggie Dunlop; 08-02-2019 at 04:43 PM.
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Reggie Dunlop For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2019, 04:36 PM   #616
The Original FFIV
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie Dunlop View Post
Can you cut and paste? Apparently I’ve reached my monthly limit :/

And as for issues on our side, apparently minny wasn’t on Frolik’s no trade list. He said she said I guess.
The Original FFIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 04:37 PM   #617
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugnaciousIntern View Post
Ha, if his agent pulled those stunts and then Frolik invoked the NTC I could see why Tre would be furious
Even if it was, Frolik was asking for more playing time because he was better than that bum Neal. He wasn’t demanding a trade.

A reasonable request to allocate playing time as it is deserved does not mean he waives his contractually negotiated right.
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 04:42 PM   #618
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
bump. According to the latest Athletic article on Fenton's firing, the Zucker trade fell through because of an issue on Calgary's side

https://theathletic.com/1112113/2019...with-the-wild/

News Update

Then, there was the Zucker cluster-you-know-what. Sources say there was a lot of resistance, even from some of Fenton’s hires, but Fenton came close to trading Zucker to Calgary for a first-round pick and Michael Frolik. Because of an issue on Calgary’s end, the trade fell through at the very last moments before the 2 p.m. deadline. The story got out, and that created a lot of tension between Zucker and Fenton, who initially denied the story to Zucker. More than three months later, Zucker was nearly traded again to Pittsburgh, but Phil Kessel wouldn’t waive his no-trade clause to come to Minnesota.
If Fenton was willing to retain salary on moving granlund maybe he was willing to retain on moving Zucker.

Zucker at 3.5-4 while also subtracting Frolik would've been quite a deal. Worth a 1st definitely, given the term left on zucker's deal.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 04:52 PM   #619
cracher
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Which ever side screwed up, thank you. Zucker isn’t enough of a needle-mover to have prevented the rest of the team (minus Smith) from crapping the bed An early exit and no Pelletier would have sucked even worse.
cracher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cracher For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2019, 04:54 PM   #620
The Original FFIV
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
Even if it was, Frolik was asking for more playing time because he was better than that bum Neal. He wasn’t demanding a trade.

A reasonable request to allocate playing time as it is deserved does not mean he waives his contractually negotiated right.
As Laurence Gilman says, players play, coaches coach and managers manage.

Players/agents do not get involved in coaching decisions, especially in a public manner. Very unprofessional.

Agents can lobby on behalf of their client, preferably not on Twitter where they are trying to embarrass the organization.

If Frolik blocked (hard to believe) after the stunts his agent pulled, GMBT has every right to be pissed.
The Original FFIV is offline   Reply With Quote