Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2009, 05:21 PM   #1
arloiginla
#1 Goaltender

Exp:
Default Golf Lessons - any recommendations?

So I'm an ok but not great player looking to take my game to the next level. I've been playing six or seven years but just self-learned for the first few years. For the past couple, I've been to four different pros for lessons, both here in town and in California. The last guy I worked with helped me flatten out my swing plane a bit and my ball striking was really improving...but two things happened

1) after my last lesson I didn't pick up a golf club in two weeks (stupid yes i know) so I basically forgot everything...the muscle memory just isn't there.

2) I don't want to work with this last guy anymore, as I just didn't feel comfortable working with him.

So long story short, I am looking for a new pro to work with. Not on a short-term basis but someone I can see weekly for the rest of the summer. Someone who knows their stuff, that I can actually trust what they say and not second-guess their instruction. Someone who I can change my entire swing on their say-so and not be worried that it will bite me in the ass later.

Does anyone have any recommendations of pros they've worked with here in the city or surrounding area? What are their rates? Thanks CP

P.S.-no I do not want to see Lanny_MacDonald the ex-poster, for a lesson
arloiginla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:30 PM   #2
wooohooo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Hmmm I haven't taken any golf lessons here but I had a couple friends that did it in Edmonton. Although I see signs up here for the National golf academy... sounds reputable. Check out the more expensive golf courses as they probably have better pros that can teach you something... not those city courses where they hire a high school kid
wooohooo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bork! bork! bork! , golf , golf lessons